Synagog of Bitche
For the period of the German annexation of 1871 with 1918, the schoolboys Jews of Bitche had to choose between the school S catholic and Protestant. The seat of 1870 and the economic development which resulted from it involved strong a Jewish Immigration , whose community developed the local Commerce. Come from the Village S of the Alsace of north and the Germany, and more especially of the villages of Wœrth, of Westhoffen, Colmar, Herrlisheim and Diemeringen, this new community developed then the Commerce by clothes shops, of fabric S, Chaussure S and also by the trade of the Bétail.
As soon as the '' quorum '' necessary of ten people of male sex was reached, the Juifs bitchois created a religious institution by opening a Synagog on April 1st 1884 in the house Meinke, street Teyssier. It is about a house dating from first half of the 19th century, transformed into 1938 - 1940. It is only in 1905 that the community profited from small a Synagog which belongs to old the pregnant fortifée of the city and is located in the street of Sarreguemines, near the current Poste. Little before the Second world war, Bitche counted twenty-five more Jewish families in its walls. For lack of faithful Jews in the area, the Synagog is not used any more for the Culte nowadays. The building is registered with the topographic Inventory of the area Lorraine.
|Random links:||Muscicapidae | Astrology conditionalist | Africa of the Big lakes | Hills | Laportea | Windsor_Davies|