Superman II is an American film carried out by Richard Lester, left in 1980. It is the continuation of the film Superman founded on the frankness Superman, celebrates it Super-héros. There exists a version of Richard Donner ( Superman II: The Richard To give Cut ) published in DVD for the special edition.
SynopsisA long ago before the planet Krypton did not explode, a trio of criminals without mercy, the Zod general, his Ursa mistress and their Non assistant, tried to steal a powerful crystal. Having failed in their attempt and having been captured by the police force kryptonienne, Jor-El (the father of the Superman future) and the judges condemn them to be imprisoned in the Phantom Zone, a dimension of darkness closed by a transparent plate which is sent to wander in space.
Years later, Superman takes care on the planet Ground and preserves it of all the dangers. Whereas it has just saved the Eiffel Tower terrorists having placed a nuclear bomb, it throws the latter in space. The explosion breaks the door of the Phantom Zone, and releases from the blow the three shadies, which, originating in Krypton like Superman, gained capacities as powerful as them his under the sunlight. They decide to go to dominate the Earth, while Superman decides to make a great sacrifice for the love of Lane Laws.
- Title: Superman II
- original Title: Superman II a.k.a. Superman II, The Adventure Continuous
- Realization: Richard To ballast, Richard To give (not credited)
- Scenario: Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster (creative of the frankness), Mario Puzo
- Music: John Williams, Ken Thorne
- Photography: Robert Paynter
- Assembly: John Victor-Smith
- Country of origin: The United States
- Format: Colors
- Kind: Science fiction, superman
- Lasted: 127 minutes
- Coming out date: 1980
- Christopher Reeve : Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El
- Margot Kidder : Laws Lane
- Terence Stamp: General Zod
- Douglas Sarah: Ursa
- Jack O' Halloran: Not
- Gene Hackman: Lex Luthor
- E.G. Marshall: The President of the United States
- Ned Beatty: Otis
- Jackie Cooper : Perry White
- Valerie Perrine: Eve Teschmacher
- Susannah York: Lara
- Clifton James: Sheriff
- Marc McClure: Jimmy Olsen
- Leueen Willoughby : Leueen
- Robin Dads: Alice
- the majority of the scenes of this film were turned at the same time as the first film Superman . However, the realizer of the first volume, Richard To give, was replaced by Richard Lester, who turned over certain scenes. Thus, in the first assemblies:
- When Superman succeeded in neutralizing the missile of Lex Luthor in first film, it sent it in space and it is that one which releases the three Kryptoniens instead of the trapped Parisian elevator.
- Lois Lane tries to prove that Clark is Superman while drawing to him above with a revolver, instead of being thrown in a river.
- the passage of Superman in the molecular cabin is without pain and does not change its costume. It is also for that the change surprised of Kryptoniens at the end, without pain or physical change, is a misconception in the final version.
- In the middle of the turning of this second shutter, Marlon Brando decided to withdraw project of the films Superman and required so that one removes all the scenes showing it in this film, collecting with the passage much money with a gained lawsuit on this subject. That caused great scenaristic faults:
- During the lawsuit of Zod, Ursa and Non, the principal voice is supposed being that of Jor-El but it is not that of Marlon Brando.
- In the summary of the first episode, at the beginning of this film, one sees Lara (the mother of Kal-El/Superman) putting his son in the probe whereas one saw Jor-El well doing it in first film.
- When Superman made destroy its capacities (becoming for good Clark Kent, human normal) and that it must then find them at all costs, it calls his/her father in his dilapidated fortress and finds its green Cristal… then one sees it become again Superman, without any explanation, whereas the hologram of his/her mother had specified well that its change was irreversible. There was with the fact a cut scene where Clark re-uses the green crystal for réinvoquer the Hologramme with Artificial intelligence of his/her father. Whereas the hologram of Jor-El returns, the latter says that it expected that Clark regrets its choice, and that it can restore its capacities to him, but at the price of any clean sound capacity put in the crystal, and that it will be able to re-examine it thus never again. The hologram infuses its energy in Clark, retransformant it in Superman.
- Superman pushes Zod in a pit after having reduced it to the impotence, Lois pushes Ursa in this same pit and Non fall there accidentally, implying that they die. That caused dissatisfaction in the community with the fans with Superman, because Superman is a hero who does not kill his enemies thus, and especially not of coolness. In fact, cut scenes showed then the three ex-Kryptoniens taken along by the police force.
- In 2006, Richard Donner left his own version Superman II with the scenes that itself had turned before the arrival Richard Lester.
- Card IMDB
- American Poster of the film
- Spanish Poster
|Random links:||May Shiranui | Leonberg | David di Nota | Stellar of the sources | Name of element | Université_de_technologie_de_Curtin|