The Super Nintendo is a video game console of the Japanese manufacturer Nintendo left in 1992 in Europe. Its Japanese equivalent is the Super Famicom left in 1990 and raising the same design and its American equivalent is the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (Super BORN) raising a different design. It was also distributed in South Korea by Hyundai Electronics under the name of Super Comboy . It is a console 16 bits of fourth generation, it had as rivals the MegaDrive of Sega and the Neo Geo of SNK.
Comings out dateIt first of all left to the Japan the November 21st 1990 under the name Super Famicom , then the August 13rd 1991 in the United States under another design and the name Super BORN ( NR intendo E ntertainment S ystem ) and finally in Europe in the current of the month of April 1992 under the name of Super Nintendo , and with the same design as the Japanese version.
HistoryIt is one of the most widespread consoles of its time with nearly 49 million consoles and 377 million sold plays. It left to Japan at the end of 1990 to replace the Nes vis-a-vis an increasingly important competition. In spite of a slightly late setting on sale, it will succeed in being essential everywhere in the world, making more sale than its competitor, the Megadrive of Sega, and presenting an immense catalog of plays: Super Mario Kart , Street Fighter II , The Legend off Zelda: In Link to the Past , Super Mario World …
The console is able to directly generate effects of zoom and rotation thanks to the Mode 7 , this last being seen still improved for certain plays like Super Mario Kart or Pilotwings by the addition of a coprocessor named DSP-1. In 1993, the play Star Fox makes a small revolution thanks to the Super FX, a chip integrated into the cartridge, able to produce true 3D (the Super FX 2, which will leave two years later, is given rhythm twice more quickly). This console represents also the apogee of collaboration between the companies Square and Nintendo in particular with the series Final Fantasy and Mana/Seiken Densetsu . In 1994, Rareware leaves a play which will make sell many consoles thanks to splendid graphics in 3D precalculated: Donkey Kong Country .
A project of reader CD-ROM integrated will be born even in collaboration with Sony: the Super Nintendo Play Station. This project will be cancelled after Nintendo finally decided to carry it out with Philips, and Sony will make of it finally a console with whole share, the PlayStation.
It is starting from 1995 that Super Nintendo will start its song of the swan and will launch out in a last last-ditch struggle against the consoles 32 bits, with technically advanced titles for the time, such Donkey Kong Country 2 , Super Mario World 2: Yoshi' S Island , Super Mario RPG and Terranigma .
The plays will continue to leave until in 1998, date on which Nintendo will leave a re-examined version: the Super Famicom Jr (Japan and the United States only). The very last play of the console left in the year 2000 (with the Japan only), it acts of Fire Emblem 5: Thracia 776 .
Since, the consoles of the Années 2000 detrôné the Super Nintendo living rooms, but certain players always consider it with nostalgia, at the point to emulate it on their Ordinateur S.
- Processor: 16 bits 65C816 given rhythm to 3,58,2,68, or 1,79 MHz (adjustable)
- RAM of work: 128 Kio
- BEEN ABLE (Picture Processing Links) 16 bit S video
- RAM: 128 Kio on the whole, 64 Kio for the plans of decoration and 64 Kio for the sprites
- Many colors: from 256 to 4096 with the screen among 32768 according to the graphic mode
- Resolution: 256 × 224 to 512 × 448 pixels
- 5 plans of scrolling
- Number of sprites: 128 (32 per maximum line of sweeping), size of 8 × 8 to 128 × 128 Pixel S
- cabled Effects: scrollings all directions, zoom and rotation of the sprites, plane multiples; management of the sprites, compression of basts, graphic deformation…
- graphic Modes: 8 modes from 0 to 7 including/understanding each one a type of posting, a number of colors and a specific resolution. These graphic modes are used by the programmers to facilitate the development of a play. The most known mode is the 7 (zoom and scaling ).
- audio Processors: Sony SPC700 8 bits, S-SMP 16 bits 32 Khz, S-DSP 16 bits 32 Khz, 2a03 (65c816).
- Sound: 16 bits, 16 ways, compression ADPCM.
- S-SMP : musical synthetizer,
- 8 ways sound ADPCM 16 bits with 32 Khz,
- polyphony of 8 notes simultaneously per way.
- S-DSP : sound processor of environment
- 3 ways ADPCM 16 bits with 32 Khz
- 2A03: processor " PSG" 5 ways
- 2 votes of form of wave " square"
- 1 vote of form of wave " triangle"
- 1 vote FM (delta PCM)
- acoustic Effects: chorus, reverberation, vibrato.
- RAM: 64 Kio + possibility of using the cartridge
- Storage: cartridges ROMANIAN of 256 Kio with 6 Me, with system of safeguard for some.
- Two ports levers
- a port of extension
- Possibility of adding additional processors (Cx4, Super FX (version 1 or 2), SA-1, DSP, S-DD1 for most known).
AccessoriesBORN). This accessory was provided with a cartridge of 6 plays. With final, only 9 titles were playable with.
Super Advantage :
Reader of CD-ROM :
- List of plays Super Nintendo
- List of plays to the launching of video game consoles
- Official site Nintendo
- Video Range Den Tests of plays Super Famicom
Simple: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
|Random links:||DÃa de la libertad del impuesto | Samuel Colt | National park of Sultanpur | Brongniartia (coleopter) | Legislative elections of 2007 in Aquitaine | Henri-Georges Jeanne | Sangha|