The Suffren is an anti-aircraft frigate of the National marine, designed to protect a fleet of the threat from air raids, ships enemy, submarines, and, to a lesser extent, to bring an additional firepower for terrestrial objectives. It has as a sister twins the Duquesne , and it was withdrawn from the service in 2001, after having sailed 32 years. It is the seventh ship of the French Marine named according to Pierre André de Suffren; its artillery turrets are named in the honor of ships ordered by the marquis de Suffren: the turret n°1 is called Héros according to the Héros , and the turret n°2 is called Fantasque , according to the Fantasque .
With the Duquesne , it was the first lanceuse frigate of missiles of the French navy. It was built to protect the Porte-avions Foch and Clemenceau against air raids and underwater. In 2001, the Suffren was put in reserve, its cost of exploitation having become too high.
Note: the National marine does not use the term “Destroyer” for its ships; although most important, called “frigate S”, is recorded as destroyers.
Electrical production: : 3440 kw, 2 turboalternators and 3 alternators diesel.
- radar sentinel tridimentionel DRBI23
- radar sentinel of surface and low multi-target altitude DRBV15
- radar DRBC33
- 2 lance-lure “Sagaie”
- SLQ-25 Nixie
- jammer ARBR33
- detecting ARBR17
- 1 a double launcher of sea-to-air missiles Masurca (guided by the DRBR51) (48 missiles)
- 4 launchers of missiles MM38 Exocet, (4 missiles)
- 1 launcher of Malafon underwater torpedes anti
- 4 launchers of anti-underwater torpedes L5 (10 torpedes)
- 2 marine guns of 100 mm (“Messine” and “Palermo”)
- 4 guns of 20 mm
- 4 machine-guns of 12,7 mm
- Suffren for the other boats of the same name.
|Random links:||The Essarts-the-King | District of Cerlier | Claude Criquielion | Zhou Weihui | Riegel Eden | Galaxie_de_Ford|