See also: Sucy, Station of Sucy - Bonneuil
Sucy-in-Brie is a city of the the Valley-of-Marne in France, located in the south-eastern suburbs of Paris. Chief town of three cantons, it belongs to the Community of agglomeration of the High-Valley-of-Marne. Its inhabitants are Sucyciens.
GeographySucy-in-Brie is located between the trunk roads RN4 and RN19, to 17 km of the center of Paris.
The Fort of Sucy was used during the second world war.
Monuments and curiosities
- the Saint Martin's day church and its bell-tower, built at the 12th century.
- the castle of the Small-Valley built in 1772, in the past property of the brother of Madam de Pompadour. Then the roof of the Marianistes sisters during long years, it is a mixed establishment of private education today, the Institution of the Small-Valley.
- the castle of Grandval, destroyed almost completely in 1949, of which there remains only the farm today, occupied by the Arts center of the commune. The castle amongst other things accommodated Diderot, on the invitation of Grimm.
- the castle of High-House, built at the 17th century is marked by one of its famous owners, Ludovic Halévy, librettist of Carmen and the operettas of Offenbach. It accommodates today the room of the marriages and certain of the municipal services.
- the castle of Montaleau, which was the property of Philippe de Coulanges, grandfather of Madam de Sévigné, was the Academy of music a few years, and will be soon a Magistrates' court.
- the castle of Sucy built in 1660, is saved destruction and is classified Historic building in 1974. The dependences, smallholding and orangery were transformed respectively into museum and seat of the historical Company, and into place of exposures and concerts. At the end long and meticulous person restoration, it now is certain that one of the painted ceilings of the castle was to it hand of Charles Le Brun.
- the Fort of Sucy built of 1879 to 1881 by the general Séré de Rivières, the father of the French fortifications under the IIIe Republic.
Green areas and natural
- Park of Sucy (Park of the sports of 47 ha)
- Park of Garennière (11 ha)
- Wood of the Small Valley
- Wood of Piple
- departmental Park of Morbras (27 ha)
- Park of Montaleau (7.7 ha)
- Wood of Notre-Dame (306 ha)
- THE RER HAS : Station of Sucy - Bonneuil
Personalities related to the commune
- Site of the Town hall of Sucy
- Extremely of Sucy
- Site of film on Sucy, " The heroin of small the chemin" , produced by Aurélien Floor
- Sucy in Brie on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Sucy in Brie on the site of INSEE
- Localization of Sucy in Brie on a chart of France
|Random links:||Canton of Fère | Wasserkuppe | Freemasonry in Switzerland | Nikola Špirić | Volodymyr Pryyomov | William_Wollaston|