Stargate Atlantis (France) or the Door of Atlantis (Quebec) ( Stargate: Atlantis ) is a Televised series américano - Canadian of Science-fiction, created by Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper, Spin-off of the series Stargate SG-1 and diffused on the chain Sci-Fi since the July 16th 2004. In France, the series is diffused since the April 15th 2005 within the framework of the trilogy of Saturday on M6. In Quebec, it is diffused on Z tele and in Belgium on both.
SynopsisThis series puts in scene a delegation of scientists and soldiers left to explore the city mythical of Atlantis, located in the galaxy of PEGASE, and discovered thanks to an extraterrestrial outpost located on Ground.
Daniel Jackson (which appears in the first episode) discovers the complete address with 8 symbols of the Porte of the stars of the mythical city of Atlantis.
To activate this door which is in the galaxy of PEGASE, a very powerful energy source is necessary.
The general O' Neill (which also appears in the first episode) agrees to use single E2PZ (Extractor of Potential of Item Zero, “English ZPM”) in possession of Land in order to having the power necessary to activate the door towards Atlantis.
An international team of researchers and soldiers is sent through the door in order to establish new before station.
All know that there will be no possible return voyage if they do not find the energy source necessary in order to activate the door in the other direction.
The galaxy of PEGASE has another network of doors of stars (of aspect different from the doors of our galaxy) which was also built by the Anciens, but only the door of Atlantis to the capacity to establish a connection towards the Earth. During their first visit of a planet, thanks to the new network of doors of the galaxy of PEGASE, the team of Atlantis discovers a new enemy pertaining to a race of extraterrestrial called Wraith. This new enemy seems much more frightening than were to it the Goa' uld…
New teams organize themselves, and 1, the principal one equips it, is consisted of the major, then lieutenant-colonel John Sheppard, soldier American, of Doctor Rodney McKay, astrophysicist Canadian, of Teyla Emmagan, native of PEGASE, lieutenant Aiden Ford in the first season and of Ronon Dex, also native of PEGASE, as of the second.
Faithful to SG-1 , this series is also the theater of many deadpans. Thus, Rodney is regarded as the " cerveau" of the team, particularly effective in the event of desperate plight. One can add to his prize list the involuntary destruction of many planets (frequently recalled by Sheppard), had with false handling of the objects created by the Old ones. Rodney regards Ronon and Teyla as being respectively Conan the barbarian and Xéna the warlike one. Lastly, the team is composed of Doctor Weir, chief and person in charge of Atlantis (it directed a time the SGC in the seventh and eighth season of Stargate: SG1), Zelenka, " second" brain after Rodney, but also Doctor Carson Beckett, person in charge of the infirmary.
The episodes turn around the broad traditional topics of SG-1 : the discovery of new worlds, establishment of friendly relations, exchanges of technologies, but also of new topics suitable for the series as the search for technologies belonging to Old (much more profitable in the galaxy PEGASE) or skirmishes against Wraiths or Geniis.
- Joe Flanigan (VF: Pierre Tessier) : Lieutenant Colonel John Sheppard
- Torri Higginson (VF: ARIANE Deviègue) : Doctor Elizabeth Weir
- Rachel Luttrell (VF: Gaëlle Savary) : Teyla Emmagan
- Rainbow Sun Francks (VF: Frantz Confiac) : Lieutenant Aiden Ford (2004-2005)
- David Hewlett (VF: Jerome Rebbot) : Doctor Rodney McKay
- Paul McGillion (VF: Guillaume Lebon) : Doctor Carson Beckett (2004-2007)
- Jason Momoa (VF: Pascal Casanova) : Ronon Dex (2005 -)
- Amanda Tapping (VF: Helene Song) : Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Casing (2007 -)
- Jewel Staite: Doctor Jennifer Keller (2007 -)
- David Nykl: Radek Zelenka
- Mitch Pileggi (VF: Jacques Albaret) : Colonel Steven Caldwell (2005-)
- Michael Shanks (VF: William Coryn) : Doctor Daniel Jackson (Pilot of the series)
- Richard Dean Anderson (VF: Edgar Givry) : General Jack O' Neill (Recurring)
- Robert Patrick (VF: Marc Alfos) : Colonel Marshall Sumner (Pilot of the series)
French Adaptation (doubling): Stephan Levine
- Spacey Award 2007 : Better televised series
- Spacey Award 2007: Better character of televised series for David Hewlett
See also: Characters of Stargate Atlantis
See also: List of the episodes of Stargate Atlantis
See also: People and races of Stargate
During their explorations on planets belonging to the network of the doors of the stars of the galaxy of PEGASE, the teams of Atlantis met several different races. Other alive species result from the series Stargate SG-1 .
Here the list of the principal races of extraterrestrial S met in Stargate Atlantis :
- human the
- the insects Iratus ( aka ectoparasitic)
- the Wraith
- the Asuran S
- the Asgard
- the Goa' uld
- the Genii
- Stargate : imaginary world
- the official site of the series
- Stargate Atlantis on SciFi
- Stargate Fusion
Simple: Stargate Atlantis
|Random links:||Anglesqueville-the-Arm-length | Saving in Malta | Eurovision contest of the song 1989 | Kees Vlak | String quartet n° 15 of Chostakovitch | Suttung|