The codec speex is a free codec and without patents. It compresses with loss of data (like MP3 and Ogg Vorbis) and is specialized and optimized for the human voice.
Speex, project born independent, were integrated into the project Ogg on October 11th, 2002. For recall, Ogg is a format of file which contains audio stream and/or video. A Ogg file can thus contain a Speex flow like a Vorbis flow.
It obtains for all that is word, the quality reports/ratios and size quite higher than the similar formats of compression conceived for musical compression.
It is present in a broad base of software, in particular thanks to plugins and filters. It is supported by software of teleconference, data flow, treatment of the sound, multi-media reading, P2P, plays.
Some software supporting the format speex (see the page “plugins & softwares” of the official site) :
libraries of treatment of sound: DirectShow Filter, OpenACM, OpenH323 (what implies a multitude of software)
- Languages binding (API): C, Python, Java, Delphi
- Teleconference, PBX, VoIP: WengoPhone, Google Talk, NetMeeting, Ekiga, Asterisk, Linphone, multi-media TkPhone
- Readers and streaming: Songbird, VLC, Winamp, XMMS, Ogg123, Foobar2000, JRoar
- Treatment of sound: Audacity, Psycle, Sweep, CoolEdit
- Plays: Marathon: Aleph One or via TEAM Speak, Frontage
- P2P: GNUnet, Follower, AMule, XMule
Speex is a Word game with speaks which means in English “(it) speaks”.
speex.org the official site
- the page “plugins & softwares”
- Use of Speex with Delphi
|Random links:||List rare diseases starting with W | County of Hordaland | Germany-France in football | PlayStation Network | County of Auglaize | Karlovy_varient_le_festival_de_film_international|