Special school of architecture
The special École of architecture ( ESA ) is a school of Architecture located 254, boulevard Raspail at Paris.
It is the oldest modern school of Architecture in France. Founded in 1865, the establishment of higher education is deprived and recognized public utility as from the year 1870 and by the State in 1934.
The special School of architecture originates in the renouncement of Eugene Purple-the-Duke to reform teaching with the imperial École of the Art schools, it supports then the project of Emile Trélat, engineer centralien, to create a “private school” of Architecture and to react against the monopoly which exerted the Académie of the Art schools on teaching.
Among the hundred thirty-seven first Shareholder S of the school, one finds Ferdinand de Lesseps, Anatole de Baudot, Eugene Flachat, Dupont of the Eure, Jean-Baptiste André Godin, Eugene Purple-the-Duke or Emile Muller.
- Official site
- List of the schools of architecture
|Random links:||Blind Guardian | Anguiller | Mallaig (Alberta) | Bredela | Arum creticum | Percy_Spencer|