Southern is the new name of the railway concession, initially exploited by Connex South Central, serving the lines of the south of London, the Surrey and the Sussex starting from the London stations of Victoria and London Bridge.
This company known initially under the name of Central South , was rebatisée the May 30th 2004 like “Southern”, in a recall deliberated on the Southern Railway on before the nationalization, with a formed logo of a marked green rosette “Southern” in letter yellows in a bar dark green.
Southern also exploits a line which crosses London between Watford Junction and Gatwick Airport/Brighton road via Kensington (Olympia) and Clapham Junction (it is the West London Line ).
Served linesThe lines served within the framework of this concession are the following ones (one will find the detail of the stations and the schedules in the site of the company indicated low):
principal Line of Brighton: Brighton - London (various destinations)
- Line East Coastway (Brighton-Eastbourne/Hastings)
- including the line Marsh Link (Hastings - international Ashford)
- Line West Coastway (Brighton-Portsmouth/Southampton)
- Line Arun Valley (London - Littlehampton/Bognor Governed/Portsmouth/Southampton)
- Lines Redhill, Tonbridge and Oxted from London
- Lines Caterham and Tattenham Corner from London
- Line Sutton & Mole Valley of London (Station Victoria) with Horsham and Epsom Downs
- Line Gatwick Express train of London (Station Victoria) to the Airport of London Gatwick
- London Bridge - Croydon via Sydenham (see South London Line)
- London Victoria and London Bridge - Croydon via Norbury
- London Victoria - and London Bridge with Peckham Rye, Tulse Hill and Hook De luxe hotel [[South London Line])
- West London Line (Clapham Junction - Watford Junction)
- Diesel loco
- Class 09 (shunter)
- Motorized diesel
- Class 171 Turbostar
- Class 205 Thumpers - withdrawn from the service in 2004
- Class 207 Thumpers - withdrawn from the service in 2004
- Motorized électriques'
- Class 319
- Class 377 Electrostar
- Class 421 4Cig - withdrawn from the service at the end of 2005
- Class 423 4Vep - withdrawn from the service at the end of 2005
- Class 455
- Class 456
- Southern, official site (naglais some)
- List of the railway companies of travellers in the United Kingdom
|Random links:||Alejandro Scarlatti | Expansionism of Japan Shōwa | John Wesley | The Giantess | Mary Cassatt | Dynaste Hercules | Rayon_solaire|