Sonic the Hedgehog 3
HistoryAt the end of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 , the Death Egg of the Dr. Robotnik had been crushed on Angel Island , where one finds the Master Emerald , a emerald with the incredible properties which would make it possible to repair the Death Egg .
It brings however several innovations:
- a system of safeguard: for the first time in Sonic, the play is automatically safeguarded at the end of a zone.
- the zones are cut out in two acts （levels） which always end in a Boss, whereas previously the boss appeared only at the end of a zone. The levels of the zones are also dependant between them, they finish where the following will start. The zones dependant between them by small scenes are scriptés explaining why one finds oneself in the following zone (nasty trick of Knuckles…).
When one activates a checkpoint with more than 50 rings, three different special training courses are available. In the first, it is necessary to succeed in rebounding on the walls to actuate the flow of a machine: the last object to be left there will be an additional life. The second is a " gangster penguin " in the center of a whirling plate. The third is an electric zone.
To obtain emeralds, it is necessary to find in the level a giant ring and to jump there, to be téléporté towards a level in 3D: Sonic is transferred onto a giant sphere in which it must succeed in catching all the blue balls while avoiding the reds. If it reaches that point, all the objects disappear, and an emerald appears.
As in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 , one finds a mode two players with this time three levels create specifically for that. In the same way, the possibility of transforming itself into Super Sonic if 7 emeralds were recovered is always present. Lastly, the players who finished the play have the possibility of choosing their zone while going to reload their safeguard.
Angel Island Zone : The zone of green jungle of any good start of Sonic
- Hydrocity Zone : The watery zone that each Sonic has.
- Marble Garden Zone : A rather original zone with species of vaguely hellenistic ruins.
- Carnival Night Zone : The zone " nuit" of this episode. There are water and some power cuts to spice the business a little.
- Ice Cape Zone : A little freshness with a snow-covered level. One finds there traps freezing and some originalities.
- Launch Bases Zone : A basic species of launching which serves as last level. Enough easy compared with the last levels the Sonic precedents, are easily explained by the fact why the play continues directly with Sonic and Knuckles.
- Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles were to form one and single play, but were separate for reasons of planning. One can find besides the name of certain levels of Sonic & Knuckles in the accessible Level select with a code.
|Random links:||Syllabic rhyme | Laganadi | Jonas Nilsson | Barnstable (Massachusetts) | Brigade of infantry of Melilla | Vanda|