ExitsThird play of the series Sonic on GameCube, first to be simultaneously left on GameCube, PlayStation 2 and Xbox, Sonic Heroes leaves the December 30th 2003 to Japan. The PlayStation version is accompanied by a special Memory card. In North America, the GameCube versions and PlayStation 2/Xbox did not leave the same day: respectively 6 and on January 27th, 2005. The play then left on all these platforms the February 6th to Europe.
It also left in versions to half price (collections “Platinum” for PlayStation 2, “Choice of the player” for GameCube and “Classics” for Xbox).
Eggman lance a challenge with Sonic, Tails and Knuckles. It will conquer the world and it claims that they will not be able to stop it. In parallel, Red, in the search of a treasure, discovers Shadow, amnesic, and a robot betrayed by Eggman, E-123 Omega, said Omega. Amy, Big and Cream leave to research Sonic, Froggy (a friendly Grenouille of Big) and Chocolate (the brother of Cheese, the chao which accompanies cream) the TEAM Chaotix, composed of Vector, Espio and Charmy Bee, is an agency of detective who is engaged by a mysterious customer who puts them on the track of Eggman.
It will quickly be revealed that the characters do not fight Eggman, but one of its creations which took the top: Metal Sonic. By copying the genetic data of Froggy and Chocolat, they recover those of Chaos, which met them in Sonic Adventure , which enables him to recover its capacity to be transformed into liquid. It will try to conquer the world and especially to kill Sonic, which it hates more than all.
- Sonic : Our herrisson preferred will show us that it does not save the all alone world because, in this adventure, it will leave with Tails and Knuckles to fight which would have produced the supreme weapon: a gigantic air fleet, with million vessels and for center a fortress which would make approximately 30 times Egg Carrier. Actually, it was Metal Sonic which had attracted it in this trap to copy the data of Sonic in order to have a disproportionate speed and to be able to start tornadoes.
Tails :The best friend of Sonic, impassioned of the mechanics, but which will leave this time without machine. It will help Sonic and Knuckles to cross the ravines which will be too thick for them. By beating Eggman in its base with Bullet Staion, he will discover that Egg Albatros was not one of its robots but one of Sonic Metal, which had copied its data. He will copy thereafter those of Tails to be made push wings and become Metal Overlord.
Knuckles :It is a powerful echidna which had the role of protecting Master Emerald on the Island from the Angel before receiving a letter of Eggman intended for Sonic. She said that Eggman had designed the supreme weapon to conquer the world in three days. It will leave with Sonic to stop Eggman which was for true Sonic Metal which had taken its appearance. This one will copy the data of Knuckles in order to have an enough large physical force to carry a vessel of the fleet of Eggman.
- Shadow : The alleged higher being died in Sonic Adventure 2 remade surface but without its memory. Red finds it locked up in a capsule of the old base of Eggman. It releases it but activates a robot of Eggman, Omega, which says that it is necessary to exterminate the robots of Eggman. It fights with Shadow but Rouge intervenes and at this point in time is born the TEAM Dark. Shadow will leave to question Eggman on its memory, which will say to him that it does not have anything has to tell him. But Eggman was Metal Sonic and after the combat against Egg Albatros, it becomes Neo Metal Sonic by copying the data of Shadow.
Red : The chasseuse one of treasure the most endowed with the world had heard of a treasure hidden in the old base of Eggman, where it will find in the place one of its robots called Omega ansi that Shadow, amnesic. It decides to make team with them with for goal to find the treasure secret of Eggman. But this treasure was an army of Andoïdes Shadow locked up in capsules. She will deduce from it that Shadow is a androïde.
Omega : The most powerful robot of the series E of Eggman, which locked up by Eggman in its old base to prevent with the others from releasing Shadow. Red succeeded in doing it by taming Omega and while becoming his/her friend. He will believe to have destroyed Eggman whereas he does nothing but beat without destroying Neo Metal Sonic.
- Amy : Metal Sonic had removed Froggy and Chocola and left of speed. The police force succeeded in taking it in fuzzy photograph but because of its resemblance to Sonic, it is the latter which one could see on the photograph. Amy then decides to leave to its research with Cream and Big which seek Froggy and Chocola.
Cream : This small lapine has a chao, Cheese, which it always keeps with it. This one having lost its twin, Cream decides to leave to its research without knowing that it is Metal Sonic which had kidnapped it to copy the data of Chaos in order to become Neo Metal Sonic when it has to copy those of Shadow and being able to transform itself into liquid. It will be accompanied by Amy and Big which seek Sonic and Froggy.
Big :It is a greedy cat which spends its time fishing with his/her friend Froggy until this one is not made kidnap by Metal Sonic which wanted the data of Chaos 6 which will be used to him to become a monster which will adapt to the top of the débrits of the fortress of Eggman to become Metal Madness. Big will leave to research Froggy with Amy and Cream which seek Sonic and Chocola.
- Espio : It is the fastest agent of the TEAM Chaotix, an agency of specialized detectives. It is also an expert with regard to arts ninjas. One day, Charmy will come to see them by saying that somebody proposes a well paid mission to them. Espio does not see the intêrêt to launch out in this mission but Vector, the owner, gives the order to go to do what the customer wants of which one knows nothing. It proves to be Eggamn, which had been locked up by Metal Sonic and which wanted to be saved.
Charmy :It is a 6 year old boy only and who however earns already well his living as a Chaotix detective. It is light and heavy at the same time: light to carry and heavy to support. It is him which will come to the agency with a talki walki to announce that a customer wants a small service of their share. This customer is in fact Eggman which wanted to leave the prison where had locked up Metal Sonic.
Vector :It is the chief of the Chaotix agency as well as most extremely. Its objective is clear, it wants to become rich. It earns its living by helping those which have troubles (even the lost toy of a kid). It will decide to go to help the customer and discovers at the end which it is and what it wants: it was Eggman which wanted to leave the cell where had locked up Metal Sonic.
- Eggman : This insane scientist wished to conquer the world and thus judged good to rebuild Metal Sonic with new equipment: a copying machine the data of its enemies. Unfortunately, Metal Sonic became out of contole and locked up Eggman in a cell of its fortress after having copied its data. It will use them to build a gigantic air fleet and a new army of robots: the E-1000 series. It will re-use its to give after having destroyed part of its fortress: it will assemble the débrits in order to create a robot thanks to what it knows on technologies of Eggman. It will use then the data of Chaos 6 (copied thanks to Froggy) to become a monster which will become the head of the robot: Madness metal.
Metal Sonic : It is the most powerful robot of Eggman. It will be rebuilt by this last with a copier of data. It will become out of contole and will lock up Eggman in one of the cells of its fortress after having copied its data. It then will remove Froggy and Chocola then will make so that Shadow is made release. It will copy its data and will use at the same time them as those of Chaos (copied thanks to Chocola) to become Neo Metal Sonic and will go immediately after copying those of the TEAM Sonic which it will not use immediately. Once the 4 teams will be joined together on board fortress of Eggman, it will use the capacity Chaos Spear de Shadow to dismount the highest part of it. It will use then the data of Eggman to assemble the parts of the fortress in order to make a robot without head, then will use those of Chaos 6 (copied thanks to Froggy, which had been used for Chaos for its transformation into Chaos 6) to become a monster which will become the head of the robot. It will have become Metal Madness. It will be used for the end of those of the TEAM Sonic to become Metal Overlord.
- Speed (symbolized by a blue color, that of Sonic): Sonic, Shadow, Amy and Espio.
- Flight (symbolized by a yellow color, that of Tails): Tails, Red, Cream and Charmy Bee.
- Force (symbolized by a red color, that of Knuckles): Knuckles, Omega, Big and Vector.
The goal of the play is generally to arrive at the end of the level, while destroying the enemies and by recovering certain objects, of which many rings ( boxing ring ). The player dies when it falls into a chasm or when it is touched without it having rings.
It is possible to improve the power of a character by recovering Power up in the level. According to their color (blue, yellow or red), they make evolve/move the attack of a person different.
It is also possible of recovers points by eliminating several enemies with the chain. At the end of the level, a note between has and E is allotted, fascinating account of these points, the recovered number of power-up and time put to finish the level.
Once a level finished in the " mode; Histoire" , it is possible to start again it in a " mode; Défi". It is most generally a question of recovering a precise number of rings or of finishing the level in an assigned time.
At least two special keys are located in the levels. If the player is touched or dies when it has one of them, it loses it, but if it finishes the level, it has access to a special training course (it is about the first play Sonic in three dimensions which joins again with this tradition dating from the first episode). There are seven training courses spécials different (one by visited environment) and two versions from each one two (one by level of the environment).
The player must go down in a tube in a time limited to obtain lives no-claims bonus in the first version and to obtain an emerald of Chaos in the second version. Spheres are present on the way and have two functions: to add time in the stop watch (useful only in the first version) and to fill a gauge with boost. If the player manages to exceed an emerald, it obtains it. To obtain all emeralds gives access the true end play.
Four different teams are playable: the TEAM Sonic (Sonic, Tails and Knuckles), of average difficulty and more based on speed, the TEAM Dark (Shadow, Rouge and Omega), difficult and more based on the action, the TEAM Pink (Amy, Cream and Big), easy, intended for the young players, and the TEAM Chaotix (Espio, Charmy Bee and Vector) which generally has goals different from the other characters, based either on research (to find a number precise of objects) or on discretion (not to be made locate by the enemies).
When it strikes enemies or collect rings, the player fills a gauge which, when it is filled, starts the " TEAM Blast" , a powerful attack which destroys all the enemies present at the screen. Each team has different: the TEAM Sonic makes the Sonic Overdrive , the TEAM Dark makes the Chaos Inferno , using the Chaos Control of Shadow and the firepower of Omega, the TEAM Pink makes the Flower Festival , causing an explosion of flower while Rose and Amy turns around Big, and the TEAM Chaotix makes the Chaotix Recital , a production of destroying noises.
The enemies have small a IA: as long as the player is moved away or quiet, they sleep, then move towards him when it is reference mark. This system is mainly used in the missions of the TEAM Chaotix where it must avoid being made locate.
To finish a level or to beat a Boss makes it possible to obtain one of the 121 emblems of the play. To obtain emblems makes it possible to resolve options in mode two players. To obtain all the emblems and the note has on all the levels makes it possible to resolve a mode Very Hard, where the TEAM Sonic must finish all the levels of the play after, without meeting of boss but without being able to safeguard his progression.
Two players can clash in screen splity in various ways: race (to arrive at the end it level, to recover a precise number of rings before the adversary) or fights.
- Solo Attacks : attacks simple. Sonic and Shadow give a kick ahead, Amy a blow of hammer and Espio launches its shurikens. (square)
- Spin Attack : the character puts himself in ball and rolls. (to remain supported on square)
- Homing Attack : the character jumps on the enemy. (jump + cross)
- Acceleration rocket : the two other characters meet behind the leader and pushes it (to remain supported on square and to wait until the fellow-members join you)
- Attaque tornado : the character rotates and forms a tornado which turns over the enemies and allows him to cling to certain posts. Espio can be made invisible. (croix+ square)
- Light Dash (Sonic and Shadow only): allows to move in the airs quickly while going from rings out of rings.
- Propeller Hammer (Amy only): allows to float a few moments.
- Leaf Swirl (Espio only) makes it possible to become invisible.
- Triangle Jump (Sonic, Shadow and Espio only): allows to cling to a wall and to jump of one wall to the other when they are sufficiently brought closer.
- Solo Attack : attacks simple. Tails and Rouge launch Dummy Ring Bomb on the enemies, Cream makes attack Cheese and Charmy pricks the enemies with his dart.
- Ascending Flisht : the character flies in the airs.
- Quick Ascent : the character goes up brutally in the airs.
- Thunder Shot : the character launches one of his fellow-members on an enemy. Allows to make fall on the ground the flying enemies.
- Autohoming : when the team is in Force formation, the fellow-members attack the enemies automatically when they are in the vicinity.
- Forward Power Attack : face attacks.
- To say Dunk / Remote Power Attacks : launch the fellow-members on the enemy, either of the ground, or of the airs.
- Wild Power Attack : attacks all the enemies in the zone. Knuckles gives a punch on the ground, Omega makes use of its machine-gun, Big made to tournouiller its fishing cane and Vector pushes back the enemies with his breath.
- Body Close (Big)/ Hammer Down (Vector): jump and crushes the enemies.
- Triangle Jump (Knuckles and Omega)/ Umbrella Descent (Big)/ Bubblegum Descent (Vector): the character can make use of the drafts to plane.
EnemiesThe names of the enemies do not appear in the play and are drawn from the guide of the official play (PRIMA Guides) whose extract is available on the official site.
Egg Pawn : the basic robots, initially without defense, then which evolve/move with the wire of the levels. There are various versions: basic Egg Pawn, Gun Pawn and the Canon Pawn which have firearms, Spear Pawn which has a lance, the Pawn Shield and Solid Pawn which have shields and Egg Knight gilded which gathers all the advantages of other Egg Pawn.
- Flapper : flying robots. Flapper is the basic version, without defense, Canon, Gun, Bomb and Laser Flapper is armed, Needle Flapper and Solid Flapper have shields and Search Flapper calls enemies if it locates the player.
- Rhino Liner : an enemy located on the rails of Bullet Station .
- Falco : a plane with pace of bird which planes above them characters to strike them.
- cameron : the basic tortoises and tortoises gilded hides in their carapace when the player approaches. They should be reversed with an attack tornado to strike them.
- Klagen : Klagens capture a character and thus prevents the player from controlling it. They should be destroyed to release the character. If all the characters are captured, it is the defeat. Klagens gilded try to once flee a captured character: once flees, only a TEAM Blast or death will make it possible to recover it.
- Egg Bishop : magicians in the egg shape which floats. Egg Bishops look after the enemies, Egg Magician fly of the rings.
- Egg Hammer : gigantic robots armed with hammers. Heavy Egg Hammer only vulnerable to the head, are hidden by their helmet.
- E-2000 : robots with the pace of Matched armed with lasers. The model E 2000R is more powerful.
ProgressionThe various teams visit the same environments and fight same the Boss, with some variations.
Sea Spoils : the TEAM Pink must obligatorily make this level, the TEAM Sonic can do it via the option " Guide" menu. It is acted in fact of a tutoriel: Omochao explains you the bases of the play.
- Seaside Hill : a tropical level mixing old beach and ruins. As a test on behalf of their customer, the TEAM Chaotix seeks bernards-l' hermit.
- Ocean De luxe hotel : a level located mainly in ruins. Towards the end of the level, tortoises with platforms on their back appear. Certain fans see there a reference to the Disc-world.
- Egg Hawk (boss): Eggman makes its first appearance on an aircraft disguised in falcon. It planes close to the ground while shooting at the characters who must continue it then to attack it when it stops.
- Large Metropolis : a futuristic big city where cabin the HEXAeco large company. This city is attacked by Eggman to steal the very expensive red liquid which circulates through the city. Blue ways makes energy advance the characters automatically.
- Power Seedling : interior of the big city in the continuation of the preceding level. Fireballs, the only invincible enemies of the play, are present. At the end of the level, the TEAM Sonic and Dark must escape from a tower which fills gradually of magma.
- TEAM Battle : the TEAM Sonic and the TEAM Pink clash, the TEAM Dark and the TEAM Chaotix clashes.
- Casino Park : the characters evolve/move in a giant casino, with Flipper S, Roulette S and machine with under. One can intend Amy to refer to Casinopolis of Sonic Adventure .
- BINGO Highway : the characters roll on tables of play and must strike objects to obtain rings.
- Robot Carnival (boss): the teams face a succession of enemies. In this match of endurance, the TEAM Pink deals with eight vaguenesses of enemies, the others to twelve.
- Rail Canyon : the characters move on rails.
- Bullet Station : always on rails, the teams must avoid trains which move there.
- Egg Albatross (boss): Eggman returns in an advanced version of Egg Hawk fought in three phases. Once beaten Eggman, the characters realize that it was only about one robot.
- Frog Forest : a populated gigantic giant frog forest which makes rain. The TEAM Chaotix must avoid being made locate by frogs.
- Lost Jungle : in addition to green frogs, appear black frogs which make fall an acid rain. The levels of the TEAM Sonic and Dark end in an escape of lianas in lianas of a giant alligator. The TEAM Chaotix must find of Chao in the level.
- TEAM Battle : the TEAM Sonic faces the TEAM Dark and the TEAM Chaotix faces the TEAM Pink, wanting to recover Chao de Cream.
- Hang Castle : a castle haunted worth visiting with back and the place. Phantoms of the level Tremble Park of Sonic Adventure appear.
- Mystic Mansion : a populated manor of phantoms mockers and switches which reveal enemies.
- Robot Storm (boss): in the same order of idea as Robot Carnival , the TEAM Pink fights six waves of enemies, the TEAM Sonic 13, the TEAM Dark and Chaotix 14. The TEAM Chaotix will have to use guns to demolish enemies with far.
- Egg Fleet : the air fleet of Eggman to the Design of Poisson S. the characters move boats in boats to destroy them.
- Final Fortress : the gigantic floating base of Eggman. One can hear Kncukles and Amy to refer to Cannon' S Core of Sonic Adventure 2 and to the Egg Carrier of Sonic Adventure .
- Egg Emperor (boss): last combat against Eggman, which it is necessary to continue then to strike its weak point. It appears finally that it was still about a counterpart.
- Metal Madness (boss): Once the History mode finished by all the teams and the septs recovered emeralds, the " mode; Dernière" is available. The characters discover that Metal Sonic is behind all that. It is transformed into Metal Madness, a metal dragon. The combat is divided into two times: the TEAM Pink, Chaotix and Dark attack Metal Madness to occupy it while the TEAM Sonic uses emeralds of Chaos to change.
- Metal Overlord : Then Super Sonic, Tails and Knuckles face Metal Overlord in the airs. They must avoid its attacks to give the responsability the bar with TEAM Attack, alone average to inflict damage to him.
Once overcome Sonic Metal, the characters leave food new adventures.
MusicsTwo CD of Sonic Heroes left to Japan. The first, Threat Triple: Sonic Heroes Vocal Trax , contained also musics of Sonic Adventure 2 .
Supplements Trinity: Sonic Heroes Original Soundtrax contains the entirety of the musics of the play.
- Sonic Heroes (music of introduction interpreted by Crush 40)
- Training course 01: Seaside Hill
- Training course 02: Ocean De luxe hotel
- Boss: Egg Hawk
- System Screen: Select
- Training course 03: Large Metropolis
- Training course 04: Power Seedling
- Special Training course: No-claims bonus Challenge
- Vent: Strange Guys
- Boss: Vs. TEAM Battle
- Training course 05: Casino Park
- Training course 06: Bingo Highway
- Battle: Casino Area
- Vent: Monkey Business
- Vent: My World
- Boss: Carnival robot/Robot Storm
- Training course 07: Rail Canyon
- Training course 08: Bullet Station
- Jingle: Speed Up
- Jingle: Invincible
- Boss: Egg Albatross
- Vent: Disquieting Shadow
- System Screen: Finely
- Battle: City Area
- Battle: Sea Area
- System Screen: Finely 2 players
- Battle: Quick Race
- Battle: Boxing ring Race
Sonic Heroes (version of the screen titrates)
- Stage 00: Sea Spoils
- Stage 09: Frog Forest
- Training course 10: Lost Jungle
- Vent: I excuses?
- Vent: Unexpected Encounter
- Special Training course: Emerald Challenge
- Vent: No Past to Remember
- Training course 11: Hang Castle
- Training course 12: Mystic Mansion
- Vent: My Ambition
- Training course 13: Egg Fleet
- Training course 14: Final Fortress
- Boss: Egg Emporer
- Vent: Sonic metal… The Ultimate Overlord
- Vent: All Heroes Gather
- Last Boss Version 1: Metal Madness
- What I' m Made Off… /Last Boss version 2 Overlord Metal (interpreted by Crush 40)
- Vent: Finale… Adventure Must Go One
- Special Training course: Emerald Challenge (lengthened version)
- Casino Park (original version)
- Bingo Highway (remixé)
Jun Senoue is behind the majority of the musics.
- Sonic/Sonic Metal: Ryan Drummond
- Miles " Tails" Power: William Corkery
- Knuckles: Scott Dreier
- Shadow : Red David Humphrey
- : Lani Minella
- Big/Omega: Jon St John
- Amy: Jennifer Douillard
- Cream: Sarah Wulfeck
- Vector: Marc Biagi
- Espio: Bill Corkery
- Charmy : Emily Corkery
ReactionsOctober 29th, 2004, nearly one year after its exit, Sega is pleased to have sold Sonic Heroes to more than one million specimens.
The world of the Média videoludic has an opinion mitigated on the play, criticizing problems of camera, a gameplay too assisted and inconsistencies with the level of the scenario. The notes go from 2/10 for Joystick to 82% for PC Plays to France. The British magazine Edge gives him 5/20, IGN 7.2/10 and Electronic Game Monthly regards it as " more the great adventure of Sonic" and makes a file of five pages of it. The Japanese magazine Famitsu decrees 32/40 to him. All in all, Sonic Heroes was appreciated as much than Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 .
In July 2005, on Rankings Range, the play is classified 250e better play Xbox, 154e better play GameCube and 540e better play PlayStation 2. On Metacritic, Sonic Heroes is 183e play GameCube, 290e play Xbox, 696e play PlayStation 2 and 776e play Windows.
- English Official site
- French Official site
- Page on Sonic Heroes
- Secret of '' Sonic Heroes ''
|Random links:||National union of family associations | Eugene Robert Glazer | Route du Sel | Sécobarbital | 128e division of infantry (France) | Jeune_concurrence_1989_de_danseurs_d'Eurovision|