The Socpresse is an press group French, entirely controlled by the industrialist Serge Dassault. Its floret is the national daily newspaper Le Figaro . Socpresse was one of the two old branches of the group Harrowing, the other being France the Antilles.
In 2004, the group posted a turnover of 1,45 billion euros and employed 8.700 people. Until September 2006, Socpresse was held to 87% by the Groupe Dassault, and at 13% per Aude Ruettard, grand-daughter of Robert Harrowing. After repurchase of the actions held by the latter, the Dassault group is henceforth owner of the totality of Socpresse.
Since the arrival of Serge Dassault, the group completely disengaged sector of the Daily regional newspaper, thus putting a term at the “empire” founded by Robert Harrowing. In 2006, Socpresse also resold with the Belgian group Roularta the Groupe Express train-Expansion which publishes in particular the weekly magazines the Express train , the Expansion , the Student , the Company , Mieux to live and Southern part .
Between 2005 and 2006, the seat of the group, the Publiprint control, as well as the draftings of the Barber , the Barber Magazine and of Mrs Figaro , left their historical seat of 37, rue du Louvre (2nd arr. of Paris) to move in with 14, boulevard Haussmann (9th arr.).
Leading lineSerge Dassault, senator UMP, president of the company of Barber SA and incidentally merchant of weapons, explained on France Inter on Friday, December 10, 2004, and Le Monde dated from the December 13rd 2004, that the newspapers must diffuse “healthy ideas”, because “we are bursting because of the left-wing ideas”.
HistoryThe Socpresse is a group founded by Robert Harrowing, which published approximately 70 titles, of which Le Figaro . It was directed a long time by Yves de Chaisemartin.
Socpresse was only one of the components of what one commonly called “the Harrowing group”. The other part is made up of the titles gathered in the Groupe Harrowing Media (in particular in metropolis: Union of Rheims , Paris-Normandy , a group of small local weekly magazines in Normandy, and in DOM-TOM a series of titles in Guadeloupe, Martinique, Guyana, Reunion, New Caledonia, Polynesia). If Socpresse were sold after the death of Robert Harrowing, the France-Antilles Harrowing east on the other hand always held mainly by the family.
The Dassault group takes the control of Socpresse (87% of the capital) on March 11th, 2004. Previously the family Harrowing held of them 70% and Dassault held only 30% of them. To become the principal shareholder, it had:
- to convince the heirs to Robert Harrowing to break the Pact of shareholders and to yield their shares to him;
- to obtain the agreement of the European commission. This one required the sale of the economic title the Financial Life (Dassault Communication), so that the Dassault group does not exceed the bar of the 50% of the advertizing market in the economic and financial magazines.
Structure of the groupThe Barber Group, directed by Francis Morel, includes/understands:
- Le Figaro , Le Figaro Magazine , Le Figaro Madam , the Indicator Bertrand , Properties of France ;
- weekly supplements TV magazine and Version Fémina (Co-published with the Company of Women's magazines);
- Sport24.com, company of sporting contents for Internet, which feeds in particular the heading sports of the figaro.fr (bought in February 2006).
Pole “Daily regional newspaper”Until its resale by section in 2005/2006, the pole “Daily regional newspaper” was directed by Michel Nozière and included/understood:
- Western Socpresse (CA 80 million euros), which gathered:
- the daily newspapers Mail of the West , free Maine and Press-Ocean /L ' Flash , three titles sold in December 2005 with the Group Ouest-France.
- local chains of TV “Nantes 7” (via Press-Ocean which holds 49% of them) and “Angers 7” (via the Mail of the West which holds 78% of them).
- the Football Atlantic Nantes Club (FCNA).
the pole the Burgundy-Rhone-Alps/Delaroche, included/understood:
the north pole, included/understood:
- 67,6% of the group the Voice of the North (CA 194 million euros), which controls: the Voice of North (Lille), Northern Flash (Lille), the Voice of Aisne , Northern Littoral , Picardy Mail (Amiens) and the Voice of the Sports .
- the pole “Presses Flemish”, directed by Antoine Bedoy, control: the Dunkirk Headlight , the Indicator of Flandres , the Newspaper of Flandres , the Echo of the Lily , the Week in Bolted , the Independent one of the Pas-de-Calais and the Future of Artois .
- the pole “Presses the Alp-Jura/Sepraj” with: the Messenger of Thonon , Savoyard Rise , Savoy , the Country Gessien , the Republican Platform and the Independent one of the High-Jura , Mail of Saint-Claude .
- 40% of the Belgian group Rossel which controls the Evening and groups it Sudpresse (six regional newspapers). Rossel being also shareholder of the Voice of North (50% Rossel, 50% Socpresse)
- various participations: the audio-visual group NEP TV (" Ring Bleu" , Internep , ''''' C9 Télévision ''''' ), Telmédia (multi-media), Meura (marketing), G and B (posting).
Group the StudentThe Group the Student was repurchased in 2002 with Vivendi Universal and was resold in 2006 with the Group Roularta, becoming a subsidiary company at 100% of the Group the Express train-The Expansion. It includes/understands: the Student , Transfac the Express train , College Mag , Living rooms of the Student and the specialized guides.
Foreign pressThe November 11th 1994, Socpresse resold its participation of 52% in its Czech floret, the famous daily newspaper pragois Mladá Fronta Dnes , first Czech national daily newspaper, with the German press group Rheinische Post. Socpresse controlled also the Belgian daily newspaper the Evening .
Activities except editionSocpresse is owner:
- of printing works Roissy Print;
- of the Publiprint control;
- of the Football-Club of Nantes.
- Docpresse, the site of the service documentation of the university of journalism of Lille
|Random links:||Representation of Fresnel | Schuvoc Halen | Asmahan | Gabriella Go up | 69e regiment of infantry of line|