The Snecma ( National company of study and construction of engines of aviation ) is a French company of the group Safran, specialized in the manufacture of Moteur S for industry Aéronautique and Astronautique. It was named Snecma Moteurs of 2000 with 2005.
It equips in particular with the Airbus, the Boeing and the Rafale (Snecma M88), as well as the principal stages of the rocket ARIANE.
HistoryThe Snecma was created in 1945 by the nationalization of the company Gnome and the Rhone. It integrated several entities thereafter. In particular, the acquisition of the European Société of Propulsion made return Snecma on the market of the propulsion spatiale.
In 2000, a structure of Holding taking the name of Groupe Snecma was installation to manage the whole of the participations in these various entities. The company then took the name of Snecma Moteurs. It took again its name of Snecma during the fusion of the Groupe Snecma with Sagem in 2005 to give Safran.
ActivitiesIn 2006, the civil sector accounted for 78,2% of the turnover, the soldier 12,5% and space the 6,4% (various: 2,9%).
Snecma has a very international activity since the French market accounts for only 31,5% of its sales. The remainder is distributed between the Europe (except France), 23,5%, the the United States, 27%, the Asia 7% and the rest of the world 11%. The factory constructions are distributed in sixteen countries. Snecma maintains since many years a solid partnership with General Electric in the sector of the engines for civil aircrafts: Co-operation via International CFM for the program CFM56, and in subcontracting for the program General Electric GE90 (Driving high power). Snecma has many subsidiary companies abroad and in particular in emergent countries (Snecma India, Snecma China, etc)
Its customers are consisted many aeronautical manufacturers, among whom all the largest, and of more than five hundred airline companies for the motorization of their apparatuses.
- Jacques Bénichou
- General Bernard Capillon
- Louis Gallois: 1989 - 1992
- Bernard Dufour: ? - June 1996
- Jean-Paul Béchat: June 1996 - March 2005
- Marc Belly: 2003 - 2006
- Philippe Petitcolin: 2006 - currently
- Driving civil aeronautics:
- International CFM CFM56, family of Turbojet S of civil aircraft and tankers, such as Airbus A320, A340-200/-300 or Boeing 737 (share of Snecma: 50%).
- General Electric CF6, turbojet of plane long mail, like the Airbus A330 or the Boeing 747.
- General Electric GE90, turbojet of the class of the engines of strong power (MFP), especially built for the Boeing 777 (share of Snecma: 23,5%).
- Engine Alliance GP7200, turbojet of the class of the engines of strong power (MFP), especially built for the Airbus A380 (share of Snecma: 10%).
- PowerJet SaM146, future turbojet for regional planes, in particular the Soukhoï Superjet 100 (share of Snecma: 50%).
- Silvercrest, future turbojet intended for the business aircrafts (in co-operation with Turboméca).
- Driving military aeronautics:
- Snecma M88-2, turbojet of the Dassault Rafale standard F1 and F2.
- Snecma M88-3, future turbojet of Dassault Rafale F3 standard, with an increased push and a reduced consumption.
- Snecma M53, turbojet of the Dassault Mirage 2000.
- EAR TP400, Turbopropeller of the Airbus A400M (share of Snecma: 28%).
- Snecma-Turbomeca Larzac, turbojet of the Dassault Aviation - Dornier Alpha Jet.
- Atar, turbojet of the Dassault Mirage III, 5,50 and F1, and of the Dassault Super-Standard.
- Rolls-Royce the Tyne, turbopropeller of Aerospace MBB C-160 Transall and Dassault Aviation Breguet Atlantic.
- Driving space:
- Vulcan 2, Rocket engine with liquid propellents for the cryogenic principal stage (EPC) of the ARIANE 5 ECA.
- HM7 B, rocket engine with liquid propellents for the cryogenic upper floor (ESC) of the ARIANE 5 ECA.
- Vinci, future rocket engine with liquid propellents, will replace the HM7B.
- Snecma PPS1350, Driving ionic for probe or satellite, used on the probe SMART-1.
Courcouronnes : Sit
- Evry - Corbeil (): 3.500 people
- Gennevilliers: 2.000 people
- Kourou: 30 people
- Creusot: 200 people
- Vernon: 1.150 people
- Villaroche (): 2.800 people, in the North of Melun
- List of the French large companies
- Snecma, official site
|Random links:||Break (spice) | Cogny (Expensive) | Sandman (German television) | Jean-Marie Besset | Canon PowerShot A510 | Meath_(collège_électoral_de_Dáil_Éireann)|