HistoryFor Siracourt all rocked in June 1943 when the Germans decided to create strong bases of launching of weapons of the type V (V1, V2, V3). The building work of a V1 base, and V2 to perhaps see the importance of the building, began in July 1943, labor being made up of Russian prisoners. This blockhouse was to have a length of approximately 200 meters and a width of 45 m and was to shelter approximately 150 V1 machines brought by railway. A slope, directed towards London, was to be arranged in the middle of the shelter. The technique of construction, developed at the time, consisted in trenching some 4 m broad to fill them of concrete then the vault was cast which was pressed on these walls and the ground. Then the ground was removed between the walls.
Work was discovered by the air recognition allied in October 1943. The first bombardments took place on February 24th, 1944, but on the whole these are 27 attacks which took place on the village which accepted approximately 5 000 tons of bombs. The site was given up by the Germans in June 1944.
For the conflict it was necessary to rebuild the village, after having déminé and having cleaned the territory. The disaster victims called upon architects to rebuild the village: Jean-Féderic Battut, Robert Warnesson, Rene Hosxe. In order to remain in the amounts of the war damagees, they used elements of prefabrication to build the farms and public buildings. The farms are made up of spans of which the number varies according to the importance of the exploitation, the dwelling part being built-in the building. The village was rebuilt between the year 1949 and the year 1951.
|Random links:||Nomads of the future | Robert Vigneau | Ernst Kretschmer | France Sport Blowgun Association | EA Canada | Municipalité_de_Malå|