See also: Simpson
Simpson (in English: The Simpsons ) is a series of American Animation created in 1989 under the sharp-edged feather of Matt Groening. The first diffusion took place the December 17th 1989 on the American network Fox. In France, the series was diffused since December 15th, 1990 on Canal+, starting from January 9th, 1993 on France 3 and since January 2nd, 2006, on W9. M6 diffuses it since the May 19th 2007. In Belgium, Simpson is diffused on Club RTL. With the Canada, the series is currently diffused on Télétoon, and was it in the past on TQS (seasons 1 to 12 only).
The topicSpringfield, typically American small town. This name was selected because there are many cities carrying it to the the United States, but it is not one of them in particular. There are the supermarket, the schools, the town hall, the police station, the bar, the shopping mall, the nuclear plant… and the Simpson family which lives to the 742 Evergreen Terrasse. Simpson are a satirical caricature of the average American family, Matt Groening being based on its own family to camp each Simpson family member, of which it took the first names but not inevitably the character traits. The topics approached are often the same ones: cupidity, jealousy, greediness, the religion. These topics are always approached with humor, kindness and generosity.
The drawing is, first of all, pushing back: yellow characters with the large globulous eyes, having only four fingers with each hand, drawing with the awkward and rectilinear prospects, apparently approximate animation. Another characteristic, the characters do not have shade (except with rare exceptions of the scenario), this is why they give sometimes the impression “to float” in the decoration. Once crossed the course of acceptance of the drawing, one ends up sticking to the characters of this family and one can end up finding them beautiful.
One can reproach the series for being often coarse, sometimes vulgar. However, it is the kindness and the kindness which precede, even if morals is very often put at evil. The style of humor varies and passes from the gag schoolkid to the parody while passing by the satire. The series is intended for small and large which will find each one there their account. Each episode is stuffed references to other political series, films, facts, details of the history while caricaturing the american company, and sometimes more generally the human being. One also finds there recurring gags which are a " mark fabrique" of Simpsons. Very often, one insists on a defect of the human being (vanity, jealousy, pride, cupidity, ignorance,…) to emphasize some a quality, although that is not always the case.
Even if the Simpson family does not have a pronounced political opinion, several disseminated indices that and there during the episodes carry out to think that, except for Homer whose opinion varies much, they are rather democratic; it should be noted that the FOX, which produces and diffuses the series, is a television channel openly republican…
All the episodes are enamelled cinematographic, pictorial or musical references. Certain decorations, certain scenes, certain musics are drawn from known films or televised series. It is necessary to be very attentive with each episode to discover them. A little following the example appearances of Alfred Hitchcock in his films.
If the main theme created by Danny Elfman is very known, each episode has an original soundtrack made up and directed by Alf Clausen and interpreted by an orchestra of thirty-five musicians. Alf Clausen was rewarded for many times for its partitions.
Credits of beginningOn a music composed by Danny Elfman ( Edward with the money hands , Strange Christmas of Mr Jack , Tales of the crypt , Spiderman …), the same beginning is always seen (view from above of the city, continuation of characters of place in place…) but with three alternatives with each episode: the entry in the classroom where Bart, punished, written lines in the table. With each episode, the punishment is different and is always in connection with its harmful behavior towards the others. Then, the solo of saxophone of LISA. Then, at the end of the credits, the entry in the living room of the Simpson family where one sees the settee and the characters arriving in a way each time different… The credits were reorganized four times during the series. When the episode is longer than the average, the credits are truncated, passing from the view from above on Springfield with the classroom then directly at the entry of the car in the garage. To also note that, for the three hundredth episode, Bart destroyed the table with an axe. One can also see the totality of the main characters of the series, during the fast sweeping of the lawn of the garden of Simpson, just before Homer misses being made reverse by the car only led Marge.
The special episodes of Halloween also have special credits: Bart is a zombie as the remainder of the family. In the episode Kill Gil recently diffused with the the United States, the credits were remade for Christmas, all the city is covered with snow, there are decorations, people are warmly equipped and Bart made with the snowboard. Other alternatives of the credits exist, but remain more anecdotic. In particular that where Bart is obese.
Credits of endThe scenario writers of Simpson, to give desire for looking at the episodes until the end, diversify the credits of end (songs, dialogs). The first episode to have been entitled to these changes is the Simpson' S Horror Show of the season 2. The music of Simpson is the same one as for the usual credits but adapted to the episode.
The characters remain eternally at the same age (Bart is eternally 10 years old, LISA 8 years…) but that the characters evolve/move: some die, others marry or divorce, others still see their family increasing with the birth of children… The characters have all a joint physical characteristic: they have four fingers with each hand (what was besides a traditional convention in the universe of the cartoon). The majority of the characters are very dug and have an episode which is dedicated to them.
The most frequent places of the series
the House of Simpson
- the Nuclear plant of Springfield
- the elementary school of Springfield
- the tavern of Moe
- the Old people's home of Springfield
- the Minimarché Kwik-E-Mart
Marks specific to the universe of SimpsonDifferent fictitious marks appears during the episodes:
- the beer Duff.
- the Fudd beer.
- Buzz Cola.
- the Laramie cigarettes.
- the Krusty derivative products the clown always in bad operating condition or dangerous, not respecting the standards.
- the chain of mini-markets Minimarché (Kwik-E-Mart in the versions original and Québécois).
- the chain of supermarkets Monstromarché (Monstromart in the versions original and Québécois).
- the cross-country vehicles Canyonero.
- the company of Panaphonic television sets.
- the company of Sorny television sets.
- the company of Carnivalé television sets.
- the company of television sets Magnet box.
- the make of car Lamborgotti.
- tickets of plays to scrape Grat' o' grat (Scratch' Win in the original version)
- the headstocks Malibu Stacy
The Guest star SIn practically each episode, an actor, a singer or a personality were invited and thus lent his voice to his own character. Among these guests, one could count Michael Jackson under the nickname of John Jay Smith and Cypress Hill (absent from credits) groups it, 50cent and Ludacris
DistributionSummary table of the original, French and Québécois voices.
French voices (France)
- Philippe Peythieu: Homer Simpson, Abraham Simpson, Otto Drunk
- Veronique Augereau: Stroke Simpson, Selma Bouvier, Patty Bouvier, Jacqueline Bouvier
- Aurélia Bruno: LISA Simpson, Milhouse Van Houten
- Joelle Guigui: Bart Simpson, Jimbo Jones (as from season 7)
- Patrick Guillemin (seasons 1 to 9), Pierre Laurent (since season 10): APU Nahasapeemapetilon, Ned Flanders, reverend Lovejoy, Waylon Smithers, Barney Gumble, Carl, Lou, Troy McClure, Rainier Wolfcastle, the Salesman of data base, the Snake, Lionel Hutz, Chalmers, Stu Disco music, Duffman, Herbert Powell (voice 1), Guibole, Roger Meyers (voice 4).
- Gilbert Levy: Moe Szyslak, Lenny, Willie, Cletus, Eddie, Arnie Black and white, Louie, Database, Murdock Lance, Scratchy, John Frink, Roger Meyers (Voice 3).
- Michel Modo: Montgomery Burns, Krusty, Clancy Wiggum, principal Skinner, Dr. Hibbert, Marvin Monroe, Kent Brockman, Joe Quimby, Tahiti Mel, Tahiti Bob, McCallister captain, Hans Taupeman, Gil, To marble, Kirk Van Houten, Snyder, Larry, Kang, Nick Riviera, Dewey Largo, Large Tony, Herbert Powell (voice 2), Roger Meyers (voice 2).
- Martine Meiraghe (seasons 1 to 6), Régine Teyssot (since season 7): Edna Krapabelle, Elizabeth Hoover, Sarah Wiggum, Maude Flanders, Agnes Skinner, Dory, Helen Lovejoy, Luann Van Houten, Manjula Nahasapeemapetilon, Bernice Hibbert, Mona Olsen, Itchy, Nelson, Jimbo Jones (Season 2 to 6), Kearney, Dolph, Ralph Wiggum, Rod and Todd Flanders, Martin Prince, Wendell Borton, Lewis, Uter, Janey Powell, Sherri and Terri
The adaptation of the dialogs is ensured by Juliette Vigouroux and Alain Cassard, artistic director by Christian Dura.
See also: Complete records on the actors speaking on behalf of the series
French voices (Canada)
- Hubert Gagnon: Homer Simpson
- Beatrice Picard: Stroke Simpson
- Lisette Dufour: LISA Simpson, Maggie Simpson (film)
- Johanne Léveillée: Bart Simpson
- Jean-Louis Millette then Hubert Gagnon: Abraham Simpson
- Jean-Louis Millette then Alain Zouvi: APU Nahasapeemapetilon, Waylon Smithers
- Yves Massicotte: Barney Gumble, Doctor Julius Hibbert
- Fruit-bearing Edgar: Charles Montgomery Burns
- Bernard Fortin: Police officer Clancy Wiggum, Ned Flanders, reverend Thimothy Lovejoy
- Louise Rémy: Edna Krabapple
- Julien Bessette then François Sasseville: Hans Moleman
- Julien Bessette then Pierre Auger: Willy
- François Sasseville: Sideshow Mel, Kearny
- Helene Lasnier: Helene Lovejoy, Terri, Luanne Van Houten
- Helene Lasnier then Hugolin Chevrette: Nelson Muntz
- Natalie Hamel-Roy : Miss Hoover, Maude Flanders, Sherri
- Flora Balzano then Natalie Hamel-Roy: Martin Prince
- Mario Desmarais: Joe Diamond Quimby, Seymour Skinner, Lionel Hutz
- Gilbert Lachance: professor John Frink, Doctor Nick Riviera, guy of the cartoons, Carl Carlson, Krusty (film)
- Martin Watier: Jimbo Jones, Dolph, To groove Wolfcastle, Lou
- Benoit Marleau: Kent Brockman, Moe Szyslak
- Marc Labrèche: Krusty the Clown, Otto Drunk
- Chantal Baril: Milhouse Van Houten, Patty Herdsman
- Johanne Garneau: Ralph Wiggum, Rod Flanders, Agnes Skinner, Blandine
- Johanne Garneau then Chantal Baril: Selma Herdsman
- Ronald France then Guy Nadon: Sideshow Bob
- Pierre Auger: Disco music Stu, Clétus
- Benoit Rousseau: Lenny Leonard, Troy McClure, Captain Mac Allister, Snake, Kirk Van Houten, Duffman, Eddie
The adaptation of the dialogs is ensured by Réal Picard, Rene Dionne and Gaetan Racine (season 1 to 9), Benoît Rousseau, Rene Dionne, Lucie Sasseville, Pierre Auger, Gilbert Lachance and Louis-Georges Girard (since season 10), the artistic director by Réal Picard (seasons 1 to 9) and Johanne Léveillée (since season 10).
See also: List of the episodes of Simpson, Episodes Horror Show of Simpson
The series adds up eighteen seasons in 2006, and the Fox announced the March 20th 2006 to have renewed it for two additional seasons. The four hundredth episode was diffused in the United States the May 20th 2007.
See also: Simpson - the Film
A Feature-length film of animation realized by David Silverman left the July 27th 2007 in the whole world (put aside Europe, of which France, where it left on July 25th). The production chose the type-setter Hans Zimmer (Rain Man, Gladiator, the Last Samurai, Batman Begins, Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and 3…) for the writing of the band its of film.
SynopsisAfter a pollution of the Lake Springfield caused by Homer Simpson with toxic waste, the US government decides that the whole city became a total threat for the environment of the country and thus recovers Springfield of an immense bell in the intention of there éradiquer any form of life. The family thus sees itself obliged to move in Alaska, but all are not agreement to let their friends live such a drama.
Characters born of film
- Hake: young boy about of the age of Bart or LISA, newcomer with Springfield. It arrives from Ireland, not has a father musician (, " it is not Bono " …) and can itself play of multiple instruments. Its nature in love with the environment, in particular, allured LISA which had the love at first sight for him. Its friendship for LISA will remain in spite of the hatred of all the citizens towards Simpsons, following the error of Homer.
the director of the APE (Agency of Environmental protection): as soon as he learns the degree from pollution of Springfield, it is him which " suggère" with the president to put the city under bell. He enormously holds with the good progress of this operation and is ready to come to radical measurements if the citizens escape…
the president Schwarzenegger: not very intelligent, it relies a little too much on the director of the APE to react vis-a-vis the pollution of Springfield. When this last proposes options of plans to him to take anti-pollution measures, it automatically chooses the n°3 without very traversing it, and is justified by this sentence: " Was elected me to act, not for reflechir."
the Inuit old woman: witch that Homer meets in Alaska, it succeeds by a technique of Inuit song and a strange beverage and at the very least explosive, to make him have the revelation that the life of the other account as much as his.
Spider-Pig or Harry Crotteur ( Spider-Pig or Harry P' tit-pot in Québécois version): pig adopted by Homer because it threatened to be killed, having been used only with one turning as publicity for a fatty sandwich. Following this " adoption" , Homer is put at the chouchouter like it forever cherished Bart, which makes this last jealous and sad. Toxic waste that Homer throws in the lake proves to be a silo containing all its… " cochonneries" , that it had decided to throw to the discharge. Homer has fun also much to give him to nicknames inspired fictitious heroes, such as Spider-Pig or Spider-Pig and Harry Crotteur or Harry P' tit-pot .
The American scandalThe film caused a mini scandal in certain puritan mediums in the United States before its exit. In a scene of the beginning of film, one briefly sees the Sexe of Bart, which makes skateboard in the simplest apparatus. The film has finally escaped accuracy with the parental censure in the United States.
- It should be noted that, with the Japan, one special season is diffused for the owners of telephones 3G which takes again the whole of the universe of Simpsons.
- the hair of Homer forms a M and its ear one G, which gives the initial M.G. (Matt Groening, therefore). This fact is confirmed by Matt Groening itself in one of the no-claims bonus of the box of season 8. This precision is proposed in season 16, the second episode, heading Coucher with the enemy .
- On the credits of beginning, when the cashier accidentally passes Maggie on the scanner, this one posts during a fraction of a second an amount which corresponds to the monthly amount calculated for the education of a child in the United States, that is to say 847,63 $.
- Bon number of the characters of the series is left-handed, of which Bart Simpson. That comes owing to the fact that the author of the series, Matt Groening is left-handed.
ManufactureThe manufacture of an episode of the series of Simpson is a colossal company which makes work many people. We will summarize the creative process and of realization of an episode.
- the budget for the realization of each episode is of approximately: 750000 USD is approximately: 510000 EURO. (: 1000000 USD according to Science & Life Junior n°214 (July 2007))
- the time of gestation of an episode is nine months.
- Nearly three hundred people works with the realization of this animated series.
- about fifteen scenario writers works to produce the twenty-four scenarios which will form the season.
- the drafting of only one scenario takes three months.
- the bands its are recorded from July to November. The actors can repeat the same scenes several times in order to ensure continuity of it. They have a certain latitude to add their own grain of salt to the text of origin.
- the finished manuscript and bandages it its buckled, the whole is sent to Romance the Film studios, in the north of Hollywood, where several artists will create the Scénarimage of the episode which will be subjected to the authors and to the production company for purposes of approval.
- the storyboard is then returned to Romance the Film studios in order to add to it the characters, cuttings and decorations.
- Eleven weeks after, the department photographs makes the catches of sight of the storyboard scene by scene. The photographs are then digitized to make a summary animation to which the band sound is added.
- the model thus produced is sent to the department of color application which will indicate the colors of the scenes. According to the scenes, the palette will be limited to two hundred colors to keep the spirit of the drawings of origin.
- the unit is then dispatched in Korea where animation will be carried out by the team of animation in two months.
- the final assembly and the completions will be carried out in Los Angeles. Each episode comprises original partitions made up by Alf Clausen, rewarded by for Emmy Awards, which will direct an orchestra of thirty-five musicians in the studios of Fox.
- the final mixing and the sound effects will be carried out in the Sony studios.
- : 15800 drawings
- 150 collaborators
- 6 months of work
See also: rewards obtained by Simpson
The series saw gratifier many rewards.
PublicationsTwentieth Century Fox publishes each year in DVD one season of the adventures of the Simpson family. Availabilities in zone 2:
- the integral of season 1 - Edition collector 3 DVD (September 26th 2001) ASIN B00005N7C4
- the integral of season 2 - Edition collector 4 DVD (June 26th 2002) ASIN B000063LJF
- the integral of season 3 - Edition collector 4 DVD (November 5th 2003) ASIN B0000ABC45
- the integral of season 4 - Edition collector 4 DVD (September 29th 2004) ASIN B0002O5ALS
- the integral of season 5 - Edition collector 4 DVD (May 25th, 2005) ASIN B0007QRJ1A
- the integral season 6 - Edition collector 4 DVD (November 9th, 2005) ASIN B000BD9P6Q or B000BD9P6G version “Homer”
- the integral of season 7 - Edition collector 4 DVD (April 12th 2006) ASIN B000E97XFC or B000E97XK2 version “Strokes”
- the integral of season 8 - Edition collector 4 DVD (November 29th 2006) ASIN B000I2IWQ4 or B000I2IWRI version “Maggie”
- the integral of season 9 - Edition collector 4 DVD (April 4th 2007) ASIN B000MZGS0E or ASIN B000MZGS0O version “LISA”
- the integral of season 10 - Edition collector 4 DVD (August 29th, 2007) ASIN B000MQCFLO version “Bart”
- the integral of season 11 - Edition collector 4 DVD (n.c.) ASIN B000MR8W8I
Special editionsThese four editions are available in zone 1 (languages: English, inhabitant of Quebec and Spanish) or 2:
- the integral of season 6 - Edition collector 4 DVD in a case appearing the head of Homer (November 9th, 2005) ASIN B000BD9P6G
- the integral of season 7 - Edition collector 4 DVD in a case appearing the head of Margin (April 12th, 2006) ASIN B000E97XK2
- the integral of season 8 - Edition collector 4 DVD in a case appearing the head of Maggie (November 29th, 2006) ASIN B000I2IWRI
- the integral of season 9 - Edition collector 4 DVD in a case appearing the head of LISA (April 4th, 2007) ASIN B000MZGS0O
- the integral of season 10 - Edition collector 4 DVD in a case appearing the head of Bart (August 29th, 2007) ASIN B000MQCFLO
VHSBoxes VHS also left:
- Season 1 (May 4th 2000)
- Season 2 (November 7th 2000)
- Season 3 (July 11th 2001)
- Season 4 (November 6th 2002)
See also: Video games of Simpson
- List of the characters of Simpson
- List of the episodes of Simpson
- fictitious Mark of cinema
- rewards obtained by Simpson
- The Official Web site.
- Simpson: The Film - French
- Simpson: The Film - Inhabitant of Quebec
- The Simpsons City
- The Simpsons Park
- The Simpsons Web
- The Springfield Town
|Random links:||Roberto Calvi | Sigmund Freud | Canton of Catelet | Pénélope Komitès | Paul Costermans | Honda Deauville | 12_AVANT_JÉSUS_CHRIST|