See also: Signoret
Simone Signoret , of its true name Simone Kaminker , is a French actress , born the March 25th 1921 with Wiesbaden (Germany), under French occupation following the First World War, deceased the September 30th 1985 with Autheuil-Authouillet, Normandy, France.
BiographyIt is the oldest daughter of Andre Kaminker (1888-1961), a Polish Jew translator which will manage to flee in Great Britain in 1940, and of his French wife, born Signoret. She had two young brothers, Alain and Jean-Pierre.
Wedged in Brittany by the war in 1939-40, it is pupil with the college of Vannes, where it has a few months for professor of history Lucie Aubrac, about which it speaks in nostalgia is not more what it was .
She meets Yves Allégret in 1943 and she marries it in 1948. Their daughter Catherine is born on April 9th, 1946. This same year its career is launched with the film Macadam for which it obtains the Prix Suzanne Bianchetti in 1947. Allégret will give to Simone Signoret its first big roles as in Dédé of Antwerp. In August 1949, it leaves her husband to go to live with Yves Montand which it marries in December 1951 and with which it will live until its death. In 1959, it obtains the Oscar of better actress for her interpretation in the film " ways of high the ville" of Clayton Jack. It is at the time of its stay in the United States for the handing-over of sound Oscar that Simone Signoret and Yves Montand meet Marilyn Monroe, then married with the writer Arthur Miller. The two couples sympatisent and Marilyn imposes Yves Montand to play its sides in the Billionaire of George Cukor. Simone Signoret sets out again for France while an impassioned connection - and known of all - is tied between Montand and Marilyn Monroe but French joined his wife after the end of the promotion of film. When a few years later a journalist evokes with Signoret this history, this one will answer that she regretted simply that Marilyn never knew that she had never wanted some to him.
Of return in France after having made some films in the United States between 1965 and 1968, Simone Signoret will incarnate strong and powerful roles, sometimes political as in the Consent of Costa Gavras.
In 1976, it publishes its autobiography: nostalgia is not any more what it was and in 1985 the novel: Good-bye Volodia . In 1977 its interpretation of Mrs Rosa in the film the life in front of oneself, will be worth to him to carry the César better actress.
Starting from 1981, its health worsens; it undergoes a first operation of the blister, then, it does not become gradually blind not distinguishing any more but the silhouette from the objects.
Catherine Allégret being the mother of the presenter of television Benjamin Castaldi, this last is thus the grandson of Simone Signoret.
The singer Nina Simone chose her pseudonym in homage to Simone Signoret, her preferred actress.
Catalog of films
- 1942 : the Angel of the night of Andre Berthomieu (role of a coed - not credited)
- 1942: Visitors of the evening of Flesh-colored Marcel (role of a young lady of the castle - not credited)
- 1943: Good-bye Léonard of Pierre Prévert (role of the gipsy - not credited)
- 1945: Demons of the paddle of Yves Allégret (role of Lily, the cabaretière)
- 1946: Macadam of Marcel Blistène and Jacques Feyder (role of Gisele)
- 1947: Dédée of Antwerp of Yves Allégret (role of Dédée, entraîneuse)
- 1948: Dead end of the Two-Angels of Maurice Turner (role of Marianne)
- 1949: Horse-gears of Yves Allégret (role of Gilded)
- 1950: the Round of max Ophüls (role of Léocadie, the girl prostitute)
- 1951: Helmet of gold of Jacques Becker (role of Marie, called “gold Helmet”, prostitute)
- 1951: Without leaving of address of Jean-Paul Chanois (role of a journalist)
- 1953: Therese Raquin of Flesh-colored Marcel (role of Therese Raquin)
- 1954: Diabolic the of Henri-Georges Clouzot (role of Nicole Horner)
- 1956: Death in this garden of Shine Buñuel (role of Djinn)
- 1956: Witches of Salem of Raymond Roller (role of Elisabeth Proctor)
- 1959: Ways of the upper town of Jack Clayton (role of Alice Aisgill)
- 1960: the Bad Blows of François Leterrier (role of Roberte)
- 1961: Famous loves of Michel Boisrond (role of Jenny de Lacour)
- 1962: the Day and the Hour of Rene Clement (role of Therese Dutheil)
- 1963: Dragees with pepper of Jacques Baratier (role of Genevieve)
- 1963: the Verdict ( Term off Trial ) of Peter Glenville (role of Anna)
- 1964: With the department stores documentary of William Klein (intervieweuse of the customers of Spring)
- 1965: Compartment killers of Costa-Gavras (role of Éliane Darrès)
- 1965: the Nave of insane the ( Ship off Fools ) of Stanley Kramer (role of Contessa)
- 1966: does Paris burn? of Rene Clement (role of an owner of bar)
- 1968: the Gull ( The Sea Gul ) of Sidney Lumet (role of Arkadina, a actress)
- 1969: the American of Marcel Bozzuffi (role of Léone)
- 1969: the Army of the shades of Jean-Pierre Melville (role of Mathilde)
- 1970: the Consent of Costa-Gavras (role of Dye stick)
- 1971: the Cat of Pierre Granier-Removes iron (role of Clemence Bouin)
- 1971: the Widow Couderc of Pierre Granier-Removes iron (role of Tati Couderc)
- 1973: burned Barns of Jean Chapot (role of Pink Cateux)
- 1973: Hard day for the queen of Rene Allio (role of Jeanne)
- 1974: Flesh of the orchis of Patrice Chéreau (role of Vamos Lady)
- 1976: Police force Python 357 of Alain Corneau (role of Therese Ganay)
- 1977: life in front of oneself of Moshé Mizrahi (role of Mrs Rosa)
- 1978: the Teenager of Jeanne Moreau (role of Granny)
- 1978: Judith Therpauve of Patrice Chéreau (role of Judith Therpauve)
- 1978: Madam the Judge (televised series - role of Elisabeth Massot)
- 1979: Dear unknown factor of Moshé Mizrahi (role of Louise)
- 1982: the Star of North of Pierre Granier-Removes iron (role of Louise Baron)
- 1982: Guy of Maupassant of Michel Drach (role of the mother of Maupassant)
- 1983: Therese Humbert of Marcel Bluwal (role of Therese Humbert)
|Random links:||Helenio Herrera | Cooling of screen | Telescopio del infrarrojo de Reino Unido | Curchy-Dreslincourt | List Viscounts of Thouars | Subdivisions of Ghana | Mikhail_Bulgakov|