The vernacular name shrimp (also known as chevrette in certain areas of the Francophonie) traditionally is given to a whole of Crustacé S formerly gathered in of the “Décapodes swimmers”, or Natantia. These “true” shrimps find all in the current order of the Décapodes. Other groups of shellfish to which the pace is close to that of “true” shrimps can however sometimes be indicated as follows: they are the euphausiacés , for the krills, and of the mysidacés .
DécapodesThey are generally the species among largest about the décapode S ( Decapoda , which includes/understands also the Crabe S, crayfish S, Homard S, Langouste S and Galathée S) with five pairs of legs without hooks but whose lashes facilitate the nage ; they are of lengthened form and their carapace is segmented and separates the abdomen from the head cephalopod (which supports also very developed antennas and mandibles). Although similar appearances between them, these shrimps are characterized by their structure branchiale which classifies them in sub-orders différents :
- the shrimps pénaéïdes belong to the super-family of the Penaeoidea (in the sub-order Dendrobranchiata ). There are many types, différents  kinds;:
- the shrimp known as pink, still called bouquet, ( only the pink shrimp fished in France is normally named Bouquet ), in fact translucent in its natural environment
- the gambas (family of the Aristeidae ), or shrimps giant.
- the common shrimps (of the kind Crangon ) belong to the super-family of the Crangonoidea (in the infra-order Caridea and the sub-order Pleocyemata ). Notamment  there is found;:
- the gray shrimp.
The name shrimp indicates sometimes also the krill (about the Euphausiacea ). Constituted of the smallest species, it constitutes part of the Zooplancton. Compared to other shrimps or shellfish, the krill has a pair of additional legs, often atrophied, under before theirs abdomen and their carapacée head carries less important antennas. Notamment  there is found;:
- the Krill the Antarctic, the most abundant species on Earth.
- the Arctic krill (present also in the North Atlantic), to which belonged Scandinavian shrimp.
Fresh water shrimpsThere exist also shrimps of fresh water, sometimes introduced into the aquariums.
FoodMany species are edible and thus constitute Ingrédients of kitchen. The majority being dépositivores (particles deposited on the bottom are nourished), they are likely to contain certain pollutants which settle on the funds where they live: PCB, etc Certain species have a rate of Cuivre unusually high for marine organizations, but which is normal, and stable, because due to a Pigment naturally produced by shrimp containing copper molecules. This accumulation is responsible for the coloring of the shrimp known as pink, which takes in fact this color only after cooking.
- Breeding of shrimps
- Breeding of fresh water shrimps
|Random links:||1875 | Chile | Saturn natural satellites | Wolfhalden | Gardez | Rockets | Wolf Schoenmaker | Louisville,_l'Illinois|