BiographyLuis Mandoki studies the Art schools in Mexico City, then San Francisco Art Institute and to finish with the London College off Printing . It is formed in London International School Film where it carries out its first Short-measuring (entitled Silent Music ). It then gains a price with the International festival of the film amateur to the Cannes festival in 1976. It goes back then to Mexico and carries out some other court-measurings and documentary for the Instituto Nacional Indigenista and the Centro of Produccion de Cortometraje .
In 1980, Mandoki gains the Prix Ariel (kind of Mexican Oscar) with a short-measuring titrated the Secrecy . A little later, it carries out its first feature film: Motel, which is selected all over the world to represent Mexico in 1983 in five festivals. But, it is really only in 1987, that Mandoki is established a true international repute with the film Gaby: In True Story (film quoted with the Golden Globes and Oscar of the best actress for Normalized Aleandro).
As from 1990, it directs its first American films and will specialize in its field of predilection, the lovesong; with films as When the spirit comes to the women or a bottle to the sea .
Catalog of films
- 1980 : Mundo mágico
- 1980 : Campeche, a estado of animo
- 1980: El Secreto
- 1982 : Papaloapan
- 1984 : Motel
- 1987: Gaby: In True Story
- 1989: The Edge (TV)
- 1990: the Fever to like ( White De luxe hotel )
- 1993: When the spirit comes to the women ( Born Yesterday )
- 1994: For the love of a woman ( When has Man Loves has Woman )
- 1999: a bottle with the sea ( Message in has Bottle )
- 2000: Amazing Grace
- 2001: Angel Eyes
- 2002 : Bad trap ( Trapped )
- 2004: Voces innocent
- 2006: Quién be el Sr. López? (documentary)
- 2008: One More Day for Hiroshima
- Shine Mandoki on Internet Movie Database
|Random links:||Bentley College | Mauregard (Seine-et-Marne) | Alou Alkhanov | Joseph Škoda | Tétéma of Mexico | Le_café_de_Tully|