Member of the the Community of agglomeration Valley of the Seine.
GeographyThe commune is served by two Gare S:
- '' Sevres - City-in Avray '' (line Paris - Versailles RD),
- '' Sevres - Left bank '' (line Paris - Rambouillet/Dreux/Mantes).
HistorySome important dates in the history of the city:
- May 20th, 1875 : after the signature in Paris of the Convention of the Meter, which decided in particular construction of a new prototype of standard meter out of platino-iridium, this one is deposited at the international office of the weights and measures (BIPM) in the enclosure of House of Breteuil with Sèvres.Pour the little story, the French government " this bâtiment" offered; with the BIPM, then the principal house was in a state close to the ruin, following the Prussian bombardments of the war of 1870. The restoration was thus taken of load by the international office. (www.bipm.org source)
List mayors of Sevres
ElectionsFor the electoral deadlines of 2007 Sevres belongs to the 82 communes of more than 3500 inhabitants having used the machines to vote.
- Mount Prospective customer (Illinois) (the United States)
- Maracineni (Romania)
- the International office of the weights and measures
- the National museum of Ceramics
- the national Manufacture of Sevres
- the house of Jardies, House of Balzac and Gambetta which died there the December 31st 1882
TeachingThe National university of young girls was created in Sevres in 1881. She then moved Jourdan boulevard, in Paris, before amalgamating with the National university, in 1985. She occupied the old buildings of the porcelain factory, which shelter today the international Center of teaching studies.
the House of children of Sevres with functioned of September 1941, under the direction of Yvonne Hagnauer (Seagull), until November 1958, 14 rue Croix-Bosset. She moved in then with the castle of Bussières, on other bank. In 1991 it became the College Jean-Marie Guyot.
the treaty of Sevres : Signed on August 10th, 1920 in the big room who currently shelters the Museum of the Porcelain in Sevres, it is a peace treaty between the Allies and the Ottoman Empire, with the discredit of the latter. See detailed article : Treaty of Sevres.
- Demba Ba, footballer, born on May 25th, 1985 in Sevres.
- David Bellion, footballer born on December 27th, 1982 in Sevres.
- Philippe Berthelot, politician, born on October 9th, 1866 in Sevres, died in Paris on November 22nd, 1934.
- Claire Bertrand, painter, born in 1890 in Sevres.
- Charles Julien Brianchon, mathematician and artillerist, born in Sevres on December 19th, 1783, deceased with Versailles on April 29th, 1864.
- Issiar Dia, footballer, born on June 8th, 1987 in Sevres.
- Lucien Fleury, painter born on May 26th, 1928 in Sevres, dead on January 23rd, 2004.
- François Richard, writer, born in Sevres in 1939.
- Constant Troyon, painter, born in Sevres in 1810, died with Paris in 1865.
- Emile van Marcke, painter, born in Sevres in 1827.
- Karim Ziani, footballer, born in Sevres in 1982.
- Louis Albert Guislain Bacler of Alba, born on October 21st, 1761 with Saint-Pol.-on-Ternoise, died in Sevres on September 12th, 1824.
- Jean Carmet, actor, born on July 25th, 1920 with Bourgueil, dead on April 20th, 1994 in Sevres.
- Albert-Ernest Carrier-Belleuse, painter and sculptor, born with Anizy-the-Castle on June 12th, 1824, died in Sevres on June 4th, 1887.
- Jean Comandon, doctor, born in 1877 with Jarnac, died in Sevres in 1970.
- Aime Cotton, physicist, born with Borough-in-Bresse in 1869, died in Sevres in 1951.
- Ernest Baker of Flaix, economist and publiscist, born on November 13rd, 1824 with Bordeaux, died on April 13rd, 1904 in Sevres.
- Albert Glatigny, Poet born with Lillebonne the May 21st 1839, deceased in Sevres on April 16th, 1873.
- Eugene d' Hautefeuille, soldier, born on June 15th, 1779 with Caen, died in 1846 in Sevres.
- Auguste Himly, historian and geographer, born with Strasbourg on March 28th, 1823, died in Sevres on October 6th, 1906.
- Hope Langlois, painter and graveuse, born on October 19th, 1805 with Bridge-in-the Arche, dead on December 4th, 1864 in Sevres.
- Lolita Plunders, writer, born on August 27th, 1982 in Sevres.
- Henri-Pierre Rock, writer, born with Paris on May 28th, 1879, died in Sevres on April 9th, 1959.
- Raymond Triboulet, politician, born with Paris on October 3rd, 1906, died in Sevres on May 26th, 2006.
- Jean-Pierre Vernant, philosopher, died in Sevres on January 7th, 2007.
- Sevres is the city in which the Sporting Fédération of Shooting to the Sporting Blowpipe is established since 2004.
Notes, sources and references
|Random links:||Agente de nervio | Hatméhyt | Langey | Landress | Masters duel | Nelson-Atkins Museum off Art | Philippe_Pétain|