The sevillana is a popular Danse Spanish originating in Seville, which is danced to two, to one or more couples, in circle or group.
This dance translates at the same time the approach, the confrontation, the escape and the love. It is carried out on a melody Chant ée.
OriginsThe origins of the sévillane remain rather obscure. The sevillana is the traditional Danse, folk of Seville, but as it is also a cradle of the Flamenco, both are mixed for a long time. However, of the influences guess themselves, such as the Eastern or Far-Eastern Danse. As of the 17th century appears a form of dance, derived from the chacona (Chaconne) and zarabanda (Sarabande) of, very popular through all Spain, the seguedilla . In Andalusia, it takes the name of seguedilla sevillana , then of sevillana .
Currently, one can dance it at the time of ferias and/or romerias in Spain (Sevilla, Jerez, Barcelona…) but also in the south of France (Arles, Nimes, Dax, Mauguio…) in casetas (tents) reserved or not for this purpose.
DanceThe sévillanes are danced per series of four coplas (dance) at the end of which the couple is immobilized, an arm in the air, with an installation of a few seconds. This stop, which should be marked clearly, is called well the parado (the stop well done).
Each sévillane has a Chorégraphie different, simpler with most difficult. They have the name of their chronological positions: will precede , segunda , will plow for the third time and cuarta . Each sévillane is divided in 3 parts corresponding to the three stanzas of each song, illustrated by steps and figures distinct. Four verses are carried out after; between each one of them one marks a short stop. The final one, is identical for the 4 sévillanes.
A legend wants to allot to each part of this dance a romantic connotation: the meeting, seduction, the argument and reconciliation. If there are four dance in a sevillana, there are also four reasons which neutralize this pseudo-legend: 1+1=2
the verses of the first sevillanas were seven: four for the popular dance and three for traditional Bolera.
- the verses of the first sevillanas were written individually and covered subjects very different from/to each other - It were gathered by four to be able to dance. It is necessary to await the modern type-setters to find sevillanas written with a single topic.
- There does not exist to my knowledge of sevillanas made up of verses treating of these topics in this order.
- most of the sevillanas is Rociera. Even if they do not speak systematically about the Virgin (Virgen) they very often You refer to it see yourselves disputing with the virgin?
StyleIt is important to reject its bust behind, to raise and round the arms and to turn the palms of the hand towards outside.
The sévillane is the dance even of the seduction: the woman advances, then conceals herself, it arouses of a fold raised of her skirt. The bodies are passed very close to, do not meet; in fact the eyes play, the glances planted one in another, and it is only in the last gesture of the well parado that finally the woman gives up herself in the arms of her dancer.
- Carlos Will know and its film Sevillanas .
- SEVILLANES.NET, French site devoted to the dance sévillane and flamenco
- LAMARISMA.COM, the ''' sevillana ''' in all its states. Association is completely dedicated to him.
|Random links:||Caspar Commelijn | Lake Kyoga | Commandery of Loison | Mike Webb | World congress of the Imams and Rabbis for Peace | Équipe_de_football_de_national_de_la_Belgique|