services IRC are a series of tools placed at the disposals of the users of a network IRC. They make it possible to the users to authenticate and manage their living rooms. They are also of a great help to the administrators, the IrcOp S, to manage the network.
General informationCertain numbers of tools appeared to fight against various harmful effects on IRC, as much of with dimensions customer (Eggdrops, customers scriptés against the spam/flood/etc) that with dimensions waiter. Services IRC allow mainly a centralized authentification and a finer management of the rights as much for the users of a living room that the administrators of the network.
Once registered, the user will be able to record a living room, and in becoming thus the owner (owner). The services add to the users modes proposed by waiter IRC (+o, +v) a system of levels and access to the orders. The owner can add any user recorded in the list of access of the living room, i.e. the list of the users having an unspecified privilege on the living room (even that to be banished). Each order for a living room is also accompanied by the minimum level necessary to use it, definite by the owner. That goes exactly similar for IrcOps, the persons in charge being able to define a hierarchy adapted to their needs, and to add a user or to change his level in the hierarchy without needing to write in a file of configuration of the waiter. Thus Anope divides the hierarchy of the administrators as follows: Operator of the services, Administrator of the services, Administrator of the network. This hierarchy in the services is complementary to the hierarchy used by waiter IRC.
ComponentsThe majority of Services IRC use pseudo-customers whose name ends in " Serv ". The four following is so to speak always used:
- ChanServ is the service dedicated to the living rooms. It is used to protect the operators from the living room and helps them to manage it. It ensures the operators that they can find their statute at any moment.
- NickServ manages the accounts users, enabling them to be recorded and to authenticate themselves.
- MemoServ is a mail service. It makes it possible to deliver and send messages to the users who are not on line.
- OperServ is reserved for IrcOps to assist them in various tasks.
Other services follow this same convention of name, also often find us:
- BotServ is the representation of ChanServ on the living room. It makes it possible to type! orders directly on the living room instead of addressing itself to ChanServ.
- HostServ is a virtual service of host. It makes it possible to the users to record and use a vhost so as to mask their real address IP on IRC.
- HelpServ is a service of assistance. It lists the various services robots of the waiter in question.
Software of Services IRCThere exists several Logiciel S which implements Services IRC on a network. Most popular include Anope, srvx, Atheme, Hybserv2 (which go hand in hand with IRCd Hybrid IRCd), Epona, and IRC Services 5.
The majority of these services offer powerful functionalities, but certain operators of network prefer to code their own services, this mainly for reasons of flexibility, personalization but also, on networks of small scale, for the addition of ludic functions. All the software does not include the robots referred to above inevitably. Some can also name them differently, either to add or withdraw functions to them. However, the context above is most current.
- Epona Services IRC
- Anope Fork of services IRC Epona
- Orders Anope
- Different cservice.undernet.org services used on a wide-area network
- services-irc.net HowTos installation and configuration relating to IRC
|Random links:||Ordinary law | Idared | Nuclear plant of Kori | Careless Whisper | Ginevra de' Benci | Hans_Hahn|