See also: Reggiani
BiographyResulting from a modest family (her father was associated hairdresser, its mother working) and antifascist, Serge Reggiani arrives to France at the eight years age with his family, in Yvetot in Normandy. He follows initially the traces of his father like apprentice hairdresser, then after the reading of a classified, is registered with the Academy of the cinematographic arts, in Paris, where the family settled since.
He receives there in 1938 the 1st price of comedy before being registered in 1939 with the national Academy of dramatic art.
In 1943, it meets the actress Janine Darcey while turning the Crossroads of the lost children of Léo Joannon, which it marries in 1945, they will have two children, Stéphan and Carine, to which it will transmit artistic fiber. They divorce in 1955.
After the war, it very often appears with the theater or the Cinéma: ( Doors of the night in 1946, Casque of gold in 1952, which will enable him to meet that which will remain always his/her friend, Simone Signoret). He is a recognized actor. The song did not enter its life yet.
Between 1958 and 1963, it has with his new partner, Annie Christmas, three other children, Célia, Simon then Maria.
It will be directed towards the song as from 1963, thanks to Jacques Canetti, met in his friends Signoret and Montand. Its first disc left in 1965 is composed of songs of Boris Vian and meets one big hit. On the other hand, the scene does not succeed to him because it is paralyzed by the trac.
With the theater on the other hand, its performance in Sequestered of Altona of Jean-Paul Sartre is particularly greeted.
In 1966, Barbara, allured by her album of songs of Boris Vian, proposes to him to make the first part of its song recital. It enters then without wanting it in competition with his Stéphan son who tries to bore as a singer.
Barbara assistance to work her voice. He interprets with a beautiful stamp of baritone the Barber of Belleville, My Freedom, the Wolves entered Paris, Sarah (“the woman who is in my bed is not any more twenty years old for a long time”), Venice is not in Italy or the Deserter of Boris Vian.
He is very appreciated youth of 1968. Its strong engagement on the left and undoubtedly the texts of Vian allure.
It counts prestigious lyric writers: Pierre Tisserand, Serge Bourgois, Albert Vidalie and later on Jean-Loup Dabadie which it meets on the turning of Vincent, Francois, Paul and the others in 1974, or Maxime the Forester, Georges Moustaki, Serge Gainsbourg in the years 1970. His/her son Stéphan or his wife, Annie Christmas, will also write for him.
Claude Lemesle appears in the years 1980, which will write very many texts (" Venice is not in Italie" , " Souffleur" , " The Barber of Belleville") and the artistic director of the last albums will ensure. Young lyric writers, such Philippe Sizaire or Marilena Orlando will write to him texts in the years 1990. He will also sing the words of Didier Barbelivien. Michel Legrand, Alain Goraguer and Jacques Datin will compose to him of the musics.
In 1973, his wife Annie Christmas moves away. At the end of the years 1970, it occurs on scene with his son Stéphan, then with his daughter Carine. An album is published, criticism is not tender.
Noëlle Adam division then his life.
In 1980, to the 33 years age, his/her son Stéphan puts an end to his days in the house of Mougins where it is with his wife and her grandmother.
Although it feels less taste for the song, Serge Reggiani, supported by his friends, finds in work the force to fight against the depression and alcoholism however present. He thus continues to produce albums which profit from the favor of the public and also meets a great success in Olympia in 1981.
During the decade 1990, it takes again taste with the life and occurs on many scenes: the Palate of the Congresses, Francofolies, the Olympia. It leaves an album per annum of which 70 brushes , then every two years. He exerts his gifts as painter and exposes his works.
He holds in 1991 the first role of Bread-winner , the film of his Simon son, become realizer.
He occurs in Reggio of Emilie, his town of origin, then still in Paris at the end of the years 1990.
In 2002, the year of its 80 years, many personalities pay to him homage through an album named Around Serge Reggiani . It receives the following year a Victoire of honor as well as the tie of commander of the Order of Merit, given by Jacques Chirac. It still occurs the same year on many French scenes and international. It also continues to expose its painting.
It transmits its talent also to its grandson Nicolas, the son of Stéphan. Nicolas becomes also singer.
In 2004, he dies in his residence of one heart attack at the 82 years age. He rests with the Cimetière of Montparnasse.
There remains a major artist of the French song.
Catalog of films
To the cinema, it will have turned with large realizers. At the beginning, rather of the roles of young first to the dramatic destiny, then later on, roles allowing him to show its humorous talent or its sensitivity.
Catalog of films 1938 - 1949
- 1938 Missings of Saint-Agil of Christian Jaque - a pupil
- 1939 Conflict of Léonide Moguy
- 1939 Saturnin of Yvan Noah
- 1939 Night of December of Kurt Bernhardt
- 1942 the Traveller of All Saints' day of Louis Daquin - Bob Eloi
- 1943 the Crossroads of the lost children of Léo Joannon - Jorisse
- 1945 François Villon of Andre Zwoboda - François Villon
- 1945 Star without light of Marcel Blistène - Gaston Lansac
- 1946 Doors of the night of Flesh-colored Marcel - Guy Seneshal
- 1946 Coincidences of Serge Debecque - Jean Ménétrier
- 1947 the Fleur of the age - Film remained unfinished of Flesh-colored Marcel
- 1947 the lower part of charts of Andre Cayatte - Manu
- 1947 Manu, it contrebbandière - Italian version of Lucio di Caro - Manual Ambrosini
- 1948 Manon of Henri-Georges Clouzot - Leon Lescaut
- 1949 Return to the life , Segment: The return of Louis of Jean Dréville - Louis the husband of young Allemande
- 1949 Lovers of Vérone of Andre Cayatte - Angelo
- 1949 the Mystery of the yellow room of Henri Aisner - Joseph Rouletabille, the journalist detective
- 1949 the Perfume of the lady in black of Louis Daquin - Joseph Rouletabille, the journalist detective
- 1949 With the kingdom of heaven of Julien Duvivier - Pierre
Catalog of films 1950 - 1959
- 1950 the Old ones of Saint-Wolf of Georges Lampin - Forest the Paul abbot
- 1950 a girl to be crunched or the Little Red Riding Hood of Raoul Andre - Jean-Louis known as: " Lou"
- 1950 the Round of max Ophuls - the soldier Frantz
- 1951 red Shirts (pink Camicie) of Goffredo Alessandrini - Lantini
- 1951 High-speed motorboats without make-up - short film of Jacques Guillon - It holds its own role
- 1952 secret The people of Thorold Dickinson - Louis
- 1952 Casque of gold of Jacques Becker - Georges Manda, the carpenter
- 1952 dangerous Girl (Bufere) of Guido Brignone - Serge Parnell
- 1952 fallen angels (It mondo the condanna) of Gianni Franciolini - Andre
- 1953 the Shepherdess and the chimney sweeper - Cartoon - of Paul Grimault - He lends his voice to the chimney sweeper
- 1953 an act of love (Act off coils) Anatole Litvak - Claude Lacaud
- 1954 Napoleon of Sacha Guitry - Lucien Bonaparte
- 1955 the bastards go in hell of Robert Hossein - Rudel
- 1956 Elisa of Roger Richebé - Bernard Voisin
- 1956 the woman to the day (LED giorno gave It) Francesco Maselli - Mario
- 1957 Stowaway of Ralph Habib - Alfred Mougins
- 1957 the poor wretches of Jean-Paul Chanois - Enjolras - In the second time of the film
- 1957 Failure with the carrier of Gilles Grangier - Bastien Sassey
- 1957 a ettaro di cielo of Alberto Casadio
- 1957 the Seine with met Paris - short film, documentary - of Joris Ivens - It ensures the comment of the film
- 1957 Paris the manner of… - short film, documentary - of Jean Thierry - It ensures the comment of the film
- 1957 When the rivers change way - short film, documentary - of Daniel Leconte - It ensures the comment of the film
- 1958 Marie-October of Julien Duvivier - Antoine Rougier, the printer
Catalog of films 1960 - 1969
- 1960 the Great Disorder (Tutti has put) Luigi Comencini - Ceccarelli
- 1960 the mad years - Documentary - of Miréa Alexandresco and Henri Torrent - It ensures the comment of the film
- 1961 Paris Blues (Paris blues) of Martin Ritt - Michel Duvigne
- 1961 the last attack (will guerra It continued) Léopoldo Savona - Libero
- 1961 It Cheetah (It gattopardo) of Luchino Visconti - Gift Francisco Ciccio Tuméo
- 1961 Doulos of Jean-Pierre Melville - Maurice Faugel
- 1961 With horse on the tiger of Luigi Comencini
- 1961 Pueblo armed with it - Documentary - with Joris Ivens - He is the narrator of the film
- 1963 Bestiaire of love - Documentary - of Gerard Calderon - He is the narrator of the film
- 1964 Aurélia or descent into Hell - short film - of Anne Destrée - It ensures the comment of the film
- 1964 the Hell - Film remained unfinished - of Henri-Georges Clouzot - Marcel
- 1965 Marie-Chantal against Doctor Kha of Claude Chabrol - Ivanov
- 1966 the Twenty-fifth Hour of Henri Verneuil - Trajan Koruga
- 1966 the Adventurers of Robert Enrico - the pilot
- 1967 I sette fratelli cervi of Gianni Puccini - Ferrari
- 1968 the Maffia makes the law (the giornia beyond civetta) of Damiano Damiani - Parrinieddu
- 1968 others - short film - of Maurice Cohen - It ensures the narration of the film
- 1969 the Army of the shades of Jean-Pierre Melville - the hairdresser
- 1969 36, the great turning - Documentary - of Henri de Turenne - It ensures the comment of the film
Catalog of films 1970 - 1979
- 1970 Countdowns of Roger Pigaut - François Nolan
- 1970 The recreations - short film - of Michel Lang
- 1972 Three billion without elevator Roger Pigaut - Pierrot
- 1972 Caïds of Robert Enrico - Thia
- 1972 Sartre by itself - Documentary film - of Alexandre Astruc, Michel Contat, Guy Sélignan - It ensures the comment of the film
- 1973 Key not with the white woman of Marco Ferreri - the insane Indian
- 1974 Vincent, Francois, Paul and others of Claude Sautet - Paul
- 1975 the Cat and the mouse of Claude Lelouch - the police chief Lechat
- 1975 the malicious Good and the of Claude Lelouch - the chief of resistance
- 1976 a bent girl of white wire of Michel Lang - Jerome, the father
- 1976 the solemn Communion of Rene Tag - Only the voice and song of S.Reggiani
- 1977 Violet and François of Jacques Rouffio - the father of François
- 1979 the terrace (the terrazza) of Ettore Scola - Sergio
Catalog of films 1980 - 1988
- 1980 the print of the giants of Robert Enrico - Fouldroule
- 1980 Fantastica of Gilles Carle - Euclide Brown
- 1986 the Bee-keeper ( O Mélissokomas ) of Theo Angelopoulos - Sick-man
- 1986 Enas Melissokomas Petheni - O Risk mythos - Documentary - of Maria Hatzimichali Papliou - It ensures the comment of the film
- 1986 Mauvais Blood of Léos Carx - Charlie , plus interpretation of the songs.
- 1988 do not awake a cop who sleeps of Jose Pinheiro - the Inhabitant of Saint-Etienne
- 1988 frank Coupe of Jean-Pierre Saurre - Mathieu
Catalog of films 1990 - 1998
- 1990 days ago, and the moons of Claude Lelouch - the father of Sophie, nostalgic pensioner
- 1990 Plein iron with Josée Dayan - Emilio
- 1990 I engaged a killer (I hired contact killer) of Aki Kaurismaki - Vic
- 1991 Zani - short film - of Simon Reggiani
- 1992 Of force with others of Simon Reggiani - Sergio
- 1992 Bohemian life of Aki Kaurismaki - Only the music
- 1993 Emile of the pinks (Rosenemil) of Radu Gabréa - Doctor Levy
- 1995 the Little boy of Pierre Granier-Removes iron - Germain
- 1997 Héroïnes of Gerard Krawczyk - Montgolfier
- 1998 El pianista of Mario Gas - Rossell
- 1998 more extremely than all - short film - of Hugues Deniset
1957 investigations of the police chief Prévost - Serial in 32 episodes of 15mn - of Vicky Ivernel - the police chief Prévost
- 1957 will Eat? of Jean Kerchbron
- 1961 I Giacobini of ?
- 1977 Paris my pink " Pierrot the chanson" of Jacques Audoir - Participation as a singer
- 1977 has loss of life, Jacques Prévert - Documentary - of Georges Ferraro - Témoignage of S. Reggiani
- 1980 It has there no more hero with the number which you asked Pierre Chabartier - Hubert Small-Bridge
- 1988 the echo of Maurice Failevil - the old shepherd
- 1988 the éterna giovinezza of Vittorio de Sisti
- 1990 large beautiful the of Bernard Choquet
- 1998 the key of the fields - Serial in 6 episodes - of Charles Némès - Jose Pujol
Its two autobiographical books are:
- the question is posed , in 1990,
- Dernier mail before the night , in 1995, collection of written letters to personalities which he likes or which he admires.
|Random links:||TR 1700 | Country house-of-Jourdans | Transparent word | Blue soldier | Selenča | 208_AVANT_JÉSUS_CHRIST|