The September 19th is the 262e Jour of the Année (263e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier. There remain 103 days before the end of the année.
1 to 1900
305: Decapitation of holy January, bishop of Bénévent, and its two deacons Proculus and Sosius with the forum located close to the volcano Solfatara at Naples, on the order of the proconsul Timothée. holy January, is the owner of the towns of Naples and Rio de Janeiro.
- 1356 : A Chevauchée leads to the battles of Poitiers and to the capture of the king Jean II of France, says the Good .
- 1370 : setting with Bag of Limoges by the Prince Noir.
- 1486 : Pierre de Montfort of Laval is named bishop of Saint-Malo. It will remain it until its death in 1493.
- 1657 : Signature of the Treated of Welawa by the king Jean II Casimir Vasa
- 1668: Abdication of the king de Pologne Jean II Casimir Vasa ( Jan II Kazimierz Waza ), also called Casimir V.
- 1794 : Within the framework of the systematic plundering of the Belgium by the French Republic, the first seized works of art arrive at Paris.
- 1863 : Battle of Chickamauga.
- 1870 : Beginning of the head office of Paris by the Prussian .
- 1893 : The New Zealand is the first country in the world to grant the Right to vote with the women.
- 1899 : Emile Loubet grâcie Alfred Dreyfus.
- 1921 : Startup of the AVUS, first Highway in the world.
- 1928 : Creation by Walt Disney of the character of Mickey Mouse, in the Cartoon Steamboat Willie .
- 1930 : With Morón of Frontera (Spain, Province of Seville), alternate of Alberto Balderas, Mexican Matador .
- 1940 : The Mission Tizard reveals with the Americans the potential of the magnetron with cavity for the Radar.
- 1941 : Catch of Kiev by the Germans. (Second world war)
- 1944: Armistice signed between the Finland and the the USSR
- 1946: Speech of Winston Churchill in favor of the United States of Europe.
- 1949 : Devaluation of the French franc.
- 1955 : In Argentinian, falls of Juan Peron
- 1957: First underground experimental nuclear explosion with the Nevada.
- 1959 : Creation by Georges Bidault and Roger Duchet of a Gathering for French Algeria.
- 1960 : Installation of the College of the general Police chiefs like temporary government by the colonel Joseph-Desired Mobutu in Republic of Congo-Léopoldville.
- 1962 : Resumption of negotiations of entry of the the United Kingdom in the EEC.
- 1968 : Jiri Hajek, Minister Czechoslovakian for the Foreign affairs, resigns under the pressure of the Soviet .
- 1979 : Signature of the Relative convention to the conservation of the wild life and the natural environment of Europe to Swiss Bern in with an aim of ensuring the conservation of the wild life and the natural environment of the Europe by a co-operation between the State S. It is coming into effect on June 1st 1982.
- 1983 : Independence of Saint-Christophe-and-Niévès (Saint-Kitts-and-Nevis)
- 1985: Violent one earthquake with Mexico City, making at least 7.000 dead.
- 1988 : Israel lance its first satellite.
- 1989 : Attack against a DC-10 of the French company ATU, ensuring the connection Brazzaville - Ndjamena - Paris which explodes above the Niger, making 170 dead.
- 1991 : Discovered of the man of the ices Ötzi
- 1992: Birth of Rashad " beautiful the goss" future tackling FC Barcelona.
- Electoral victory of the former Communists in Poland.
- Angel-Felix Patassé gains the second round of the presidential election in Central Africa, with more than 52% of the voices.
- 1996 : Visit in France of Jean-Paul II, at the time of the celebration of the 1500e birthday of the baptism of Clovis.
- 1997 : A Train of goods and a Train travellers are struck in station of Southall in the west of London by making 7 dead.
- 1998 : The first Techno parades takes place with Paris.
2001 : In Afghanistan, the Ouléma S (doctors of the faith), convened by the Mollah Mohammed Omar, spiritual leader of the Talibans, exhort Oussama ben Laden to voluntarily leave the country, while threatening to call with the holy war in the event of American military intervention.
- 2002 : Beginning of the civil War in Ivory Coast
- 2003: UNO adopts a resolution requiring of Israel to cease its threats of expulsion against Yasser Arafat and condemning the attack-suicides perpetrated by Palestinian groups.
- 2004 : A video diffused on an islamist Internet site shows apparently a scene of decapitation of three members of the Democratic party of Kurdistan (DPK) in the north of the Iraq.
- 1551 : Alexandre-Edouard , future Henri Ier of Poland then Henri III, king de France.
- 1749 : Jean-Baptiste Joseph Delambre, Astronomer and Mathematician French († 1822).
- 1796 : Richard Harlan, Doctor, zoologist and American paleontologist († 1843).
- 1862 : Samuel Lubin, Guianese musician
- 1909: Ferdinand Porsche, car manufacturer (death in 1998).
- 1911 : William Golding, British writer , Nobel Prize of literature 1983.
- 1931 : Jacques Calvet, French business man and former chairman of PSA Peugeot Citroen.
- 1933 : David McCallum, actor.
- 1934 : Brian Epstein, manager of the Beatles (death in 1967).
- 1936 : Al Oerter, American athlete
- 1937: Jean-Pierre Andrevon, writer of Science fiction French.
- 1947 : Alain Lipietz, engineer, economist and politician.
- 1948 : Jeremy Irons, actor.
- Twiggy (Twiggy Lawson), British mannequin.
- 1951 : Marie-Anne Chazel, French actress.
- 1952 : Simon Compaoré, Burkinabe politician
- 1957: Richard Mr. Linnehan, American astronaut
- 1963: Alessandra Martines, French actress.
- 1965 :
- Alexandra Vandernoot, Belgian actress.
- Sabine Paturel, singer and French actress.
- Sunita Williams, American astronaut
- 1971: Sanaa Lathan, American actress .
- 1979 : Noémie Lenoir, signal-model and French actress.
- 1200: Albéric II of Dammartin, lord of Lillebonne, in Normandy.
- 1356 :
- Gauthier VI of Brienne, count de Brienne and titular duke of Athens, Constable of France, with the battles of Poitiers.
- Guy VII of Rochefoucauld, lord of Rochefoucauld, with the battles of Poitiers.
- Guy de Moy, known as Goulard de Moy , lord of Moy, with the battles of Poitiers.
- 1381 : Charles de Montmorency, Marshal of France.
- 1419 : Jean without Fear, duke of Burgundy
- 1796: François-Severin Marceau, French general (° 1769)
- 1827: Morten Thrane Brunnich, zoologist and mineralogist Danish (° 1737)
- 1843: Gaspard-Gustave Coriolis, mathematician and engineer French (° May 21st 1792)
- 1852: Emilie de Rodat, religious Frenchwoman, founder of the congregation of the Sisters of the Holy-Family. (° September 6th 1787).
- 1881 : James A. Garfield (° 1831), 20th president of the the United States, assassinated.
- 1902 : Shiki Masaoka, Japanese poête (° 1867)
- 1927: Isadora Duncan, dancer
- Jules Cambon, diplomat, administrator and academician French (° 1845)
- Constantin Tsiolkovski, pioneer of the Astronautics
- 1978: Etienne Gilson, philosopher, French historian and member of the French Academy
- 1981: Pierre Declercq, French politician, in favor of the independence of the New Caledonia
- 1985: Italo Calvino, Italian writer (° October 15th 1923)
- Robert Guéï, military leader of the Ivory Coast of the December 24th 1999 with the October 26th 2000 (° March 6th 1941).
- Peter Hajdú, Linguist Hungarian
- 2004: Eddie Adams, American Photographer
Day of work in the republican Calendar
- national Festival of Saint-Christophe-and-Niévès (Saint-Kitts-and-Nevis)
- Talk Like has Pirate Day : For a few years, has celebrated parodic American origin, where everyone is invited to speak like the Pirates about the 17th century.
First namesEmilie, Amélie and Émilienne.
Catholic and orthodoxe saints
- January of Bénévent (+ 305), bishop. Relics with Naples.
- Theodore de Canterbury (+ 690), Archbishop.
Catholic saints of the day
- Emilie de Rodat (+ 1852), founder of the Sisters of the Holy-Family of Villefranche-with-Rouergue.
Notre-Dame of Salette: appearance of the Virgin Mary on September 19th, 1846
- Theodore prince de Iaroslav (+ 1299), or of Smolensk, monk with his sons David and Constantin.
Saying of the day“In September, the grape and the fig hang. ”
Beats-smg: Siejės 19 Be-X-old: 19 верасьня Fiu-vro: 19. süküskuu päiv Nds-nl: 19 september Simple: September 19 Zh-yue: 9 月 19 號
|Random links:||1st regiment of spahis | Making off | Jean Dardenne | God (Hugo) | Cissy|