The September 17th is the 260e Jour of the Année (261e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier. There remain 105 days before the end of the year.
1 to 1900
14: The Roman Senate votes the deification of Auguste, one month after its death.
- 335 : Opening of the Council of Jerusalem which rehabilitates Arius.
- 821 : A charter of Louis Ier the Piles or Débonnaire grants royal protection to Castellanus and its already important community of the Holy Abbaye Marie of Arles on Tech, in the Roussillon reconquered on the Sarrasins by his/her father Charlemagne.
- 1226 : A rising of the the Rhone, pulled by that of the the Durance, causes floods with Avignon, five days after the rendering of the city to the troops of the king Louis VIII, which besieged the city since the beginning of the summer. With a margin of a few days, it had been saved.
- 1374 : The Polish nobility signs the Pacte of Koszyce.
- 1549 : The pope Paul III suspends the Concile of Thirty after the intervention of Charles Quint.
- 1577 : Signature of the Peace of Bergerac.
- 1631 : Victoire of the Protestant forces to the Battle of Breitenfeld.
- 1665 : Beginning of large the epidemic of Plague of London.
- 1700 : Marie-Louise Gabrielle of Savoy, niece of Louis XIV, on the way for the Spain, where it must marry Philippe V, grandson of the Sun king, stops one day with Sospel, close to Nice.
- 1787 : Vote federal constitution with the the United States written by Thomas Jefferson.
- 1793 : Vote Loi of the suspects during the French revolution.
- 1813 : Armistice enters the Bavaria and the Alliés, in the war of the Sixth coalition.
- 1861 : Battle of Pavon in Argentina.
- 1862 : Battle of Antietam, with the the United States.
- 1871 : Inauguration of the railway tunnel of Frejus connecting the France to the Italy.
- 1900 : The Australia is constituted in Federal union of six colonies.
- 1919 : With Oviedo (Spain, principality of Asturies), alternate of Ernesto Pastor, Porto Rican Matador .
- 1934 : The the USSR between with SDN.
- 1935 : Manuel Quezon is elected first president of the the Commonwealth of Philippines.
- 1939 : The Soviet invade the Poland.
- 1944 : Beginning of the battle of Arnhem with the Netherlands.
- 1946 : Beginning of the Greek Civil war.
- 1948 : Assassination by the Lehi close to Jerusalem of the count Folke Bernadotte, Swedish mediator of UNO in the Israeli-Arab conflict on Palestine; Dr. Ralph Bunche will succeed to him.
- 1949 : A fire devastates the " Noronic" , largest vapor in service on the Canadian big lakes, making more than 130 dead.
- 1964 : The Americans reveal the development of two systems of weapons, able to intercept and destroy armed satellites which revolve around the ground.
- 1970 : Violent ones engagements burst between the army of the King Palestinian Hussein and the fedayin, in Jordan.
- 1978 : Anouar el-Sadate and Menahem Begin signs a draft-agreement on peace in the Middle East at the conclusion of the talks of Camp David.
- 1979 : The first restaurant McDonald's of France opens its doors in Strasbourg, Place Markets.
- 1980 : Old the Dictator of the Nicaragua, Anastasio Somoza, finds death in the explosion of its car, with Asuncion (Paraguay).
- 1982 : Massacres of the Palestinian camps of Sabred and Chatila, with the Lebanon.
- 1986 :
- 1989 : The Ouragan Hugo falls down on the Guadeloupe: 23 dead
- 1991: The North Korea and the South Korea are allowed with UNO.
- 1996 : A Pocket submarine of the Special forces of the North Korea is failed in South Korea; 24 soldiers North-Korean commit suicide or die in the combat during a 49 days tracking making 16 killed and 26 wounded South-Koreans.
- 1997 : The pope Jean-Paul II sets up the Basilique of the Sacred Heart of Marseilles (Rhone delta, France) to the row of minor Basilique.
- 2003 :
- the former prostitute " Fanny" , confronted with Dominique Baudis and the magistrate Marc Bourragué, retracts on the charges of rape implying the president of the SCUMS, in the file of the serial killer Patrice Alegre.
- the president reversed of the Guinea-Bissau, Kumba Yala, sign an agreement with the putschists in whom it agrees to yield the capacity, three days after the military coup d'etat which involved its ousting and its house arrest.
- 2004 :
- strike Them American the rebel stronghold of Falloujah in Iraq make 44 dead.
- After being itself cut down with torrential rains on Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic then on the the Bahamas, the tropical storm Jeanne makes nearly 2.000 dead and 850 reported people missing, after her passage in the area of the Gonaïves, in the north of Haiti.
- 2005 :
- an unemployed of Franconville (Valley of Oise) gains more than 75 million euros to the European lottery, going up most important ever gained in France with this play.
- the new president Iran IEN Mahmoud Ahmadinejad reaffirms in front of UNO the “inalienable right” of the Iran to control the fuel cycle Nucléaire.
- 1271 : Venceslas II future king of Bohemia. († June 21st 1305)
- 1677: Stephen Haul, physiologist, Chimiste and inventor English.
- 1743 :
- Nicolas de Condorcet ( Marquis of ), writer, mathematician and politician French, philosophizes of the Lights.
- Jean-Baptiste Massieu, monk and politician French, appointed clergy of the Baillage of Senlis to the General states, constitutional Bishop of the department of the Oise. († June 6th 1818).
- 1764 : Berek Joselewicz, soldier Polish († May 5th 1809)
- 1820: Emile Augier, poet, playwright and academician French († 1889).
- 1826 : Bernhard Riemann, German Mathematician
- 1834: Edouard Pailleron, dramatic author, French poet and journalist († April 20th 1899)
- 1859: Frank Dawson Adams, Canadian geologist.
- 1867 : Shiki Masaoka, Japanese poête († 1902)
- 1896: Denise Grey, French actress.
- 1901 : Francis Chichester, British navigator
- 1903: George Koltanowski, player of failures and Belgian journalist échiquéen († February 5th 2000).
- 1908 : John Creasey, British writer († 1973), author of 562 novels written under 25 different pseudonyms, of which Anthony Morton , creator of the series “the Baron”.
- 1921 : Virgilio Barco Vargas, president of the Republic of Colombia of 1986 with 1990.
- 1922 : Agostinho Neto, poet, politician and president of the Popular republic of Angola of 1975 to 1979.
- 1923: Gisele Pascal, French actress.
- 1923 : Hank Williams, singer and American musician of Country music († January 1st 1953).
- 1925 : François Bluche, French historian.
- 1926 : Jean-Marie Lustiger (born Aaron Lustiger ), archbishop of Paris, cardinal and academician French. († August 5th 2007)
- 1928: Roddy McDowall, actor ( How Green Was My Valley ).
- 1929 : Stirling Moss, English racing driver.
- Thomas Stafford, astronaut, ordering mission Apollo X.
- Edgar Mitchell, astronaut of the mission Apollo XIV.
- 1931 : Jean-Claude Carrière, French writer.
- 1939 : Georges Pitoëff, actor of Theater.
- 1941 : Bob Matsui, politician states-unien († January 1st 2005.
- 1943 : Samuel T. Durrance, American astronaut
- 1960 : Damon Hill, English racing driver.
- 1961 : Pamela Melroy, American astronaut
- 1962: Baz Luhrmann, Australian scenario writer.
- 1965 : Bryan Singer, American realizer.
- 1966 : Stephan Rousseau, Canadian humorist
- 1968: Akhenaton, French rappor of the group IAM.
- 1971 : Adriana Karembeu, Slovak mannequin.
- 1973 : Anastacia, American singer.
- 1985 :
- 1863: Alfred de Vigny, French poet (° March 27th 1797)
- 1878: Antoine de Tounens, adventurous French, transitory king of Patagonie (° May 12th 1825)
- 1879: Eugene Purple-the-Duke, architect, engineer and writer French (° January 27th 1814)
- 1908: Henri Julien, Caricaturist and a painter Québécois (° May 14th 1852)
- 1936: Henry Chatelier, French chemist (° October 8th 1850)
- Count Bernadotte, mediator of UNO, assassinated (° January 2nd 1895)
- Ruth Benedict, anthropologist American (° June 6th 1887)
- 1980: Anastasio Somoza, old Dictator of the Nicaragua, assassinated with the Paraguay (° December 5th 1925)
- 1994: Karl Popper, one of most important the philosophical of sciences of the 20th century (° July 28th 1902)
- 1997: Red Skelton, American actor (° July 18th 1913)
- 2005: Jacques Lacarrière, French writer fascinated by the ancient Greece (° December 2nd 1925)
- Day of the virtue in the republican Calendar.
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Lambert of Maastricht (+ 708 or 709), bishop, owner of Liege.
Catholic saint of the day
- Renaud Originating in Picardy, it was made monk with Soissons, became Ermite and lived with the happy Robert d' Arbrissel in the forest of Craon, in Mayenne. At the beginning of this last, it went to settle with Mélinais, close to the Arrow, in the the Sarthe, where it died in 1103.
Saying of the day“Larger is crowd, blinder is her heart. ”
Beats-smg: Siejės 17 Be-X-old: 17 верасьня Fiu-vro: 17. süküskuu päiv Nds-nl: 17 september Simple: September 17 Zh-yue: 9 月 17 號
|Random links:||Felipe | Microsoft certified database administrator | Laurent Chambon | Radio operator International SPOKE | Hake McRae Rally 2.0|