The September 16th is the 259e Jour of the Année (260e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier. There remain 106 days before the end of the year.
1 to 1900
- 1615: Juan of mow Cabezas Altamirano, old bishop of the Guatemala (Santiago of Guatemala) is named bishop of Arequipa, with the Peru.
- 1620 : Departure of the Mayflower.
- 1673 : The Germanic emperor Léopold Ier declares the war in France.
- 1744 : The king Frederic II of Prussia seizes Prague but, abandoned by the French, it is driven back in Saxony.
- 1793 : Napoleon Bonaparte is affected with the seat of Toulon.
- 1810 : Revolt Grito de Dolores with the Mexico against the Spanish domination.
- 1824 : Death of the king de France Louis XVIII (° November 17th 1755)
- 1873: End of the German occupation in France.
- 1891 : With Madrid (Spain), alternate of Antonio Reverte, Spanish Matador.
- 1900 : Alternative of the Matador Rafael González Madrid known as “Machaquito”.
- 1913 : With Madrid (alternate Spain, of Juan Belmonte, Spanish Matador.
- 1920: Explosion of a bends in the district of Wall Street (New York), killing 30 people and by wounding hundreds of others.
- 1929 : Signature of peace enters the Bolivia and the Paraguay.
- 1940 : The Italian army reached Sidi Barrani, in Cyrénaïque.
- 1943 : With Nantes (France), following a bombardment of the Allies, 1 400 civilians are killed.
- 1945 : The Japanese capitulate with HongKong.
- 1950 : War of Korea: the American forces unload with Inchon, port of the south of the country.
- 1955 : A military rising with Cordoba extends to all the Argentine, and its president Juan Peron is exiled.
- 1957 : A takeover by force in Thailand carries Pote Sarasin to the head of the government of Bangkok.
- 1959 : The Général de Gaulle offers self-determination to the Algérie.
- 1963 : The Malaysia, the North-Borneo, Sarawak and Singapore form the Malayan Federation.
- 1967 : U Thant, general secretary of UNO, request in the United States the stop of the bombardments on North-Vietnam.
- 1970 : Hussein of Jordan declares the law martial.
- 1975 : Independence of the New Guinea-News-Guinea.
- 1976 : The American Church épiscopalienne gives its agreement to the ordination of women, as pastors and bishops.
- 1978 : Earthquake in the North-East of the Iran. There was more than 60.000 victims.
- 1978 : Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq is elected president of the Pakistan.
- 1979 : In Afghanistan, Hafizullah Amin makes strangle former president Nour Mohammed Taraki, returning from Moscow.
- 1982 : Massacre of Sabred and Chatila, with the Lebanon.
- 1987 : Signature of the Protocol of Montreal. The representatives of 24 countries, joined together in Canada, decide to reduce the consumption of Chlorofluorocarbone in order to protect the Couche from ozone (SACO) around the ground.
- 1989 : The the Arab League lance a call to a cease-fire " immediate and total" with the Lebanon like first stage with the payment of the conflict in this country.
- 1990 : 15.000 soldiers Egyptien S leave for the area the Golfe.
- 1994 : 1st autonomous Astronaut in space thanks to a “backpack” engine SAFER (Assistance simplified for the rescues at extra-vehicular exit).
- 1995 : First visit of the Pope Jean-Paul II in South Africa since the end of the Apartheid.
- 1998 : Francois Bayrou succeeds François Léotard at the position of president of the UDF.
- 1999 : The Algérie NS approve to 98,63% per referendum the step of the Head of the State on the " agree civile" allowing an amnesty partial of the islamist ones.
- 2002 : The Iraq accepts without conditions the return of the inspectors in disarmament of UNO. George W. Bush hopes despite everything to obtain Congress the authorization to use " all the appropriés" means; to force Baghdad to dismantle its programs of supposed armaments.
- 2003 : The mystery of the family Flactif is finally elucidated: David Hotyat recognizes the quintuple murder of the family missing since the April 11th with the Large-Bornand (Haute-Savoie) and indicates where and how it got rid of the bodies. His/her friend Stephan Harenza will be put in examination for complicity, as well as the partners of the two men, Alexandra Lefèvre and Isabelle Harenza, for misprision of crime. Thereafter, Hotyat will reconsider her consents.
- 2004 : After having caused the death of 70 people in the Caribbean, the Hurricane Ivan striking south of the United States, making 45 dead.
- 2007 : A plane is crushed on the island of Puket in Thailand making at least 30 dead.
- 1098 : Hildegarde de Bingen, a nun bénédictine and Sainte
- 1777: Auguste Jean-Gabriel de Caulaincourt, general of the First Empire (death in 1812)
- 1809: Jacques Dehaene, man of the church and politician French († July 15th 1882)
- 1827: Albert Gaudry, geologist and paleontologist French († November 27th 1908)
- 1886: Jean Arp, French sculptor († June 7th 1966)
- 1893: Sir Alexander Korda, British scenario writer of Hungarian origin († January 23rd 1956)
- 1895: Karol Rathaus, type-setter Polish († November 21st 1954)
- 1897: Georges Bataille, French writer († July 9th 1962)
- 1898: Louis Jacquinot, French politician († June 14th 1993)
- 1901: Louis Joxe, French politician († April 6th 1991)
- 1913: Félicien Marceau, scenario writer, writer and academician French
- 1918: Herbert Ruff, Type-setter, Leader and Pianist Polish († May 19th 1985)
- Mouloudji, singer and actor French († June 14th 1994)
- Jacques Brenner, French writer († February 20th 2001)
- 1924: Lauren Bacall, American actress.
- 1925 : B.B. King, guitarist and singer American blues.
- 1927 : Peter Falk, actor ( Columbo )
- 1934: George Chakiris, actor and American dancer
- 1943: Oskar Lafontaine, German politician
- 1955: Carl Sanford Joslyn Petersen, American creator of plays.
- Kevin R. Kregel, American astronaut
- Mickey Rourke, American actor
- David Copperfield, American illusionist.
- 1957 : Pierre Moscovici, French politician
- 1971: Zilla Huma Usman, Pakistani political woman († February 20th 2007)
- 1973: Alexandre Vinokourov, Kazakh cyclist born with Bichkoul with the Kazakhstan (not far from Petropavlovsk)
- 1981: Alexis Bledel, American actress ( Gilmore Girls )
- 1140 : Vulgrin II of Angouleme, count d' Angoulême.
- 1343 : Philippe III the Good, also called Philippe d' Évreux , count d' Évreux of 1319 with 1343 and king de Navarre of 1328 with 1343, wire of Louis de France and Marguerite d' Artois, nephew of the king de France Philippe IV Beautiful the. (° March 27th 1306).
- 1371 : Jeanne known as White , posthumous girl of Philippe VI and White of Navarre (° 1351).
- 1380 : Charles V, King de France.
- 1498 : Torquemada.
- 1672 : Anne Bradstreet, first American woman writer . (° 1612).
- 1701 : King Jacques II of England = king Jacques VII of Scotland
- 1725: Antoine V of Grammont, duke of Grammont, Marshal of France. (° November 15th 1671).
- 1803 : Nicolas Baudin, naturalist.
- 1824 : Louis XVIII, king de France.
- 1834 : Antoine Vincent Arnault. French academician (° January 1st 1766).
- 1902 : Alexander Willem Michiel Van Hasselt, Doctor and Naturalist Dutch (° 1814).
- 1936 : Jean-Baptiste Charcot, explorer French.
- 1946 : Granny Smith, dancer of review, singer of jazz and blues and American actress (° 1883).
- 1965 : Fred Quimby, producing states-unien (° July 31st 1886) known for the series Tex Avery.
- 1977 : Maria Fixed, professional singer American of Greek origin (° December 2nd 1923).
- 1977 : Marc Bolan, singer, guitarist and founder of the English group of Glam Rock'n'roll T-Rex (group).
- 1992 : Larbi Benbarek, footballer, Free-Morrocan (° 1914).
- 1994 : Albert Decourtray, archbishop of Lyon, cardinal and academician French (° 1923).
- 2001 : François Bédarida, French historian.
- 2001 : Albert Rakoto Ratsimamanga, scientist.
- 2004 : Dolly Rathebe, South-African singer of jazz.
- 2005 : Gordon Gould, 85 years, American, one of the fathers of the technology of the Laser which invented the name of " Laser ".
- 2007 : Robert Jordan, American writer .
- Mexico: Day of independence.
Catholic and orthodoxe saints
- Cyprien de Carthage (+ 258), bishop martyr.
- Edith d' Ailesbury moniale also in England.
Edith de Wilton (+ 984), English princess also called Edithe.
- Cyprien of Kiev (+ 1406).
Saying of the day“September names May of the autumn. ”
- September 16th in sport
- September 16th in the railroads
Beats-smg: Siejės 16 Be-X-old: 16 верасьня Fiu-vro: 16. süküskuu päiv Nds-nl: 16 september Simple: September 16 Zh-yue: 9 月 16 號
|Random links:||Avalon | Epotoransu! May | Tub | Knud Lavard | Castle of Molleron|