HistoryThe department was created with the French revolution, the March 4th 1790 pursuant to the law of the December 22nd 1789, starting from part of the province of Île-de-France.
See also: History of Seine-et-Marne
GeographyThe department of Seine-et-Marne belongs to the area Île-de-France, of which it constitutes the Eastern half, its surface accounts for 49% of the territory of the Ile-de-France. It is bordering on the departments of the Val-d'Oise, of the Seine-Saint-Denis, the the Valley-of-Marne and the the Essonne in the west, the Loiret and the Yonne in the south, the Aube and the Marne in the east, the Aisne and the Oise in north.
The department extends on several natural areas, in particular the Brie and the Gâtinais.
Some principal cities: Chelles, Torcy, Pontault-Combault, Lagny-sur-Marne, Coulommiers, Nemours, Meaux, Melun, Montereau-Fault-Yonne, Brie-Count-Robert, Layered branches, Fontainebleau as well as the new cities of Marne-the-Valley and Sénart.
The culminating point of the department is the hillock Saint-Georges (215 m).
See also: Geography of Seine-et-Marne
ClimateThe Seine-et-Marne knows a moderate climatic mode of Atlantic type. The rainfall is marked slightly around Fontainebleau and in the east of the Brie Frenchwoman, the wet Brie (700 mm of pluie/an) against a departmental average to 650 mm, slightly higher than the remainder of the area Île-de-France (600 mm). Average temperature of 3,2° in January and 18,6° in July with Melun over the period 1953 - 2002. The Tempête Lothar of December 26th, 1999 made 5 died in Seine-et-Marne and laid down very many trees.
EconomyWith 60% of its territory dedicated to the farm, the Seine-et-Marne is made conspicuous in Ile-de-France by the weight of this sector logically quasi non-existent in the departments more urbanized definitely. The cereals, but also the sugar beet are the principal productions. The strong points of industry are the refinery of Grandpuits and the research center of the SNECMA. The two new cities form tertiary poles in becoming while tourism has solids arguments with many remarkable sites and a good hotel park.
See also: Saving in Seine-et-Marne
DemographyThe inhabitants of Seine-et-Marne are the Seine-and-Marnais .
Very rural department in the beginning, its population has triplet in one half-century because of the development of the Paris and its suburbs and the establishment of new cities. The population is estimated at 1.253.637 inhabitants at January 1st 2004 (INSEE). The Seine-et-Marne always appears among the French departments most dynamic as regards demography. One could ad infinitum multiply the examples of these modest villages of a few hundreds of hearts of the years 1960-1970 which know an exponential population growth. The south and is department still remain very rural, but all the very urbanized western fringe is part from now on of the Paris and its suburbs.
See also: Demography of Seine-et-Marne
See also: Tourism in Seine-et-Marne
Principal tourist places
Cathedral of Meaux
- Castle of Fontainebleau
- Castle of Be worth-the-Viscount
- Castle of Champs-sur-Marne
- Castle of Tool bag-in-Brie
- Castle-Landon, capital history of the counts of the Gâtinais
- Quoted medieval of Layered branches
- Quoted medieval of Blandy-the-Turns
- Commanderie of Templiers to Coulommiers
- Crypts of Jouarre
- Market of the 16th century of Égreville
- the village of Barbizon
- Forest of Fontainebleau
- Park Disneyland
- Archeological site of Châteaubleau
secondary tourist Places
- Park of Cat-like the with Lumigny-Nesles-Ormeaux
- cheeses of Brie.
- the Mustard of Meaux
- List of the deputies of Seine-et-Marne
- List of the senators de Seine-et-Marne
- List of the general advisers of Seine-et-Marne
See also: Political of Seine-et-Marne
- List of the prefects of Seine-et-Marne
See also: Administration of Seine-et-Marne
Sub-prefects of Meaux
- List of the sub-prefects of Meaux
- Painters of the School of Barbizon
- Maurice Boitel, Grand Prix of the general advice,
- Louis Vuillermoz
- Daniel of Janerand
- the Community of agglomeration of Common Seine-et-Marne
- of Seine-et-Marne
- Old communes of Seine-et-Marne
CinemaThe monkey of the film Mookie was educated in Seine-et-Marne.
- General advice
- Union of the Mayors of Seine-et-Marne
- Forum Seine-and-Marnais
- Gate the Seine and Marne
- Cpa77, old postcards of Seine-et-Marne
- Chart and text of the department in 1883, drawn from the Atlas of Vuillemin
- Notes on the town hall of Seine-et-Marne: history, list of the former mayors, photographs old, on the site as of the SHAGE of Combs-the-City
|Random links:||Dobroudja | Patrick Préjean | Adad | Burst Salope | Tetrosomus|