The Seine-Saint-Denis (93) is a department French.
See also: History of the Seine-Saint-Denis
The department of the Seine-Saint-Denis was created on January 1st 1968, pursuant to the law of the July 10th 1964, in accordance with the decree on enforcement of a law of the February 25th 1965, starting from the north-eastern part of the old department of the the Seine (24 communes) and of a small portion of that of Seine-et-Oise (16 communes).
GeographyThe Seine-Saint-Denis is located at the North-East of Paris. Its surface is of 236 km ², which does one of the smallest French departments of it. The Seine-Saint-Denis forms with the two other small departments touching Paris (the Hauts-de-Seine and the the Valley-of-Marne) the Paris and its suburbs, i.e. it Parisian outskirts of the city.
See also: Economy of the Seine-Saint-Denis
In spite of a strong unemployment rate (13,5% in June 2005), due partly to a level of education weaker than in the departments close and to the industrial crisis to the Seventies, the " 93" is a dynamic department, although its fields of excellence are sometimes ignored. Each year, 700 companies are created in the department.
The department has three large economic poles:
- the airport zone of Roissy (with horse on 3 departments).
- the zone of the Plaine Saint-Denis, in the community of agglomeration of Plaine Commune.
- the industrial park of Garonor (with horse between Aulnay-sous-Bois and the Blanc-Mesnil) great industrial center of the area.
The first establishment of the department is the factory Peugeot-Citroen of Aulnay-under-wood. The department is also in strong position in the field of the textile trade and industries of the image and the cinema/television.
About half of the French movie studios are established in the department, often of long time. They are in particular the Studios of Aubervilliers , Transpaset to Saint-Ouen, of BUF Compagnie and of Avalanche production with Pantin, of the Studios Sets with Stains, of the studios and laboratories Éclair with Épinay-sur-Seine, of the studios Pathé-Albatross to Montreuil-sous-Bois and, very soon, the Cité of the cinema of Luc Besson with Saint-Denis. Are added to it activities of doubling and of animation, with Média Dub and Attitude Studio with Aubervilliers, Titra film and Auditorium Jackson with Saint-Ouen, Dubbing Brothers with Saint-Denis.
The GDP of the Seine-Saint-Denis rose in 2000 to 32,350 Billion Euros, therefore 23.305 € per capita, which makes of it the 19th richest department of France according to the GDP (cf Liste of the French departments classified by gross domestic product per capita).
HealthFrom a medical point of view, five public medical structures are established there (except AP-HP):
- the Hospital Robert-Ballanger
- the inter-commune Hospital of Raincy Montfermeil
- the Hospital of Montreuil
- the Public corporation of mental health of City-Evrard
For these establishments of public care, it is necessary to add the private clinics, such as the cardiologic Center of north , with Saint-Denis, the Clinique of Presles , with Épinay-sur-Seine or the Clinique of Estrée , with Stains.
In the same way, the pole of public health of the Plaine Saint-Denis gathers major agencies of the Ministry for Health.
Nevertheless, it is necessary to notice a total under-equipment of the department in term of offer of care, in particular liberal: a number of specialist physicians or general practitioners, professionals ancillary medical appreciably lower than the regional average, undoubtedly dependant on the strong important precariousness on the one hand of the population séquano-dionysienne, and on her weak purchasing power.
So a significant number of communes made the old choice propose an public offering of care of proximity, with dispensaries and health centres strongly attended by the inhabitants.
See also: Demography of the Seine-Saint-Denis
The inhabitants of the Seine-Saint-Denis are the Séquano-Dionysiens .
The Seine-Saint-Denis is the French department cash the most immigrants, or people resulting from immigration. Infant mortality is highest there of Metropolitan France (5,7 per thousand).
TeachingThe department has:
- two universities: the University of Saint-Denis and the University Paris-North, several IUT and universities (CESTI Supméca…)
- several IUFM, located at the Le Bourget, Livry-Gargan and Saint-Denis (Seine-Saint-Denis).
However, a big part of its schools, colleges and colleges are classified in Zone of priority education.
See also: Culture in Seine-Saint-Denis
The department is rich of an important cultural life and associative. Artistic associations, collectives cityens but also networks of solidarity of the social sector of the Economy, the department counts four Systems of Local Exchanges, a great number of residents' associations… The bonds below offer some examples.
DionysSEL DionysSEL, the Local System of Exchanges of the inhabitants of St-Denis - the Ile-St-Denis
Company ACHARNES/Mohamed Rouabhi
GNTM (Multi-media New technologies Generation)
Dionysien : Advisory counsel of community life
Dionysien : the culture dionysienne
NTIC of the Plain
93200 the duck dionysien
For a few years, the general advice of Seine-Saint-Denis has published a monthly magazine " Magazine" Seine-Saint-Denis; .
See also: Tourism in Seine-Saint-Denis
- Basilica of Saint-Denis, Gothic style , 13th century.
- Stade de France.
- Inter-commune Cinema " Trianon" : made famous for the famous emission “the last meeting” presented by Eddy Mitchell.
- The Meulière S are typical constructions of the suburbs of Paris. Most beautiful, of style Art nouveau is villas built for the Parisian rich person who wished to slacken in the countryside around Paris. Some of these houses are characterized by wrought iron decorations (glass, doors, windows…) out of bricks and ceramics and true architectural curiosities constitute which are discovered during walks in particular in the streets of the old communes of the Seine Saint Denis.
See also: Political of the Seine-Saint-Denis
The Seine-Saint-Denis east one of the departments constituting the girdles red historical of Paris. It is a historical stronghold of the left, and in particular of the Communist party, which still controls the majority of the large town halls of the department (Holy Denis, Aubervilliers, Bobigny, Courneuve). It is one of the two departments today, with the the Valley-of-Marne, where the PCF has the relative majority of the seats to the general advice. However, since a score of year the rise of the National front does of this party one of the principal parties of the department, which is itself its regional stronghold.
SDRIF, revised in 1994 under the responsibility of the State, is the information system strategic plan of the Area of Île-de-France. This document plans the evolution of the urban organization in the twenty next years, and lays down public equipment necessary for this length of time. It is thanks to the SDRIF that north and is area were developed: the construction of the Stade de France, the revival of the Plaine Saint-Denis, the development of the zone of Roissy and Marne-the-Valley.
SDRIF is in the course of revision, and its new orientations will be validated in 2007
See also: Administration of the Seine-Saint-Denis
- List of the prefects of the Seine-Saint-Denis
- List of the deputies of the Seine-Saint-Denis
- List of the senators of the Seine-Saint-Denis
- List of the general advisers of the Seine-Saint-Denis
- Intercommunalités of the Seine-Saint-Denis
- legislative Districts of the Seine-Saint-Denis
- Cantons of the Common Seine-Saint-Denis
- of the Seine-Saint-Denis
- Old communes of the Seine-Saint-Denis
- Names of the inhabitants of the Ile-de-France and its departments
- General advice
- Mon93.com, the blog on the Seine-Saint-Denis
|Random links:||Frederick Winslow Taylor | Friedolsheim | Albenc | Jim Parker | François Farnèse | Gravensteen (Ghent)|