Secretary of State
Secretary of State is - or was - a position of Gouvernement in several States.
1993, there existed in the Canadian government a secretary of foreign affairs ( Secretary off State for Foreign Affairs ), who was the responsale de facto control of the Foreign affairs.
Between 1993 - 2003, the title of Secretary of State was granted to several members Canadian Parliament charged to assist a minister in a particular field. These Secretaries of State thus occupied a position comparable with that of the Secretaries of State French, but were not members of the government.
the United States of America
See also: List of the American Secretaries of State
The Secretary of State ( Secretary off State ) American is member of the Cabinet of the president of the United States in charge of the control of the foreign affairs.
States of the USAIn the American States the Secretary off State is a member of the administration responsible for multiple governmental functions which depend on the Constitution and of the laws of each state. In three states (Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and Virginia), one off speaks about Secretary the Commonwealth .
- Under the Old Mode, the Secretaries of State were officers of the Crown to the role equivalent to that of the current ministers.
- Nowadays, in France, the Secretaries of State is members of the Gouvernement, at the last level of the hierarchy ministerial and placed under the aegis of a Ministre, or sometimes of only the Prime Minister. They are in theory in charge of a particular branch of industry. They sit at the the Council of Ministers only when one point of about a day arose with their attributions. Under the Third republic, there were also under-secretarys of State.
The function of Secretary of State has his origin with the Middle Ages. The clerks charged to carry out the correspondence of the monarch with his agents became with the wire of the centuries the principal persons in charge of the control of the government. Until the 16th century there was one Secretary of State, and that two still at the 18th century.
SwissIn Switzerland the Secretary of State is not a political character, but a senior official. It depends directly on the Federal council. The legal base is the law on the organization of the federal administration of September 19th, 1978, Article 64 then the law on the organization of the government and the administration of March 21st, 1997, Article 46)
; Secretaries of State to the external economic affairs (DFEP/DFE)
- 1978 Jolles Paul R. born the 25.12.1919 deceased 11.03.2000
- 1984 Sommaruga Cornelio 29.12.1932
- 1986 Blankart Franz 27.11.1936
- 1999 Syz David Werner 10.02.1944
- 2004 To stack Jean-Daniel 29.08.1946
Raymond Barre said in 1978: " two Swiss is known abroad: Jean Ziegler and Paul Jolles".
; Secretaries of foreign affairs (DFAE)
- 1978 Weitnauer Albert 30.05.1916 29.12.1984
- 1980 Probst Raymond 06.03.1919 09.05.2001
- 1984 Brunner Edouard 27.02.1932 24.05.2007
- 1989 Jacobi Klaus 12.11.1929 13.07.2004
- 1992 Kellenberger Jakob 19.10.1944
- 1999 von Däniken Franz 16.10.1949
- 2005 Ambühl Michael 26.09.1951
; Secretaries of State to science and research (DFI)
- 1992 Ursprung Heinrich 13.03.1932
- 1997 Kleiber Charles 09.12.1942
There was some discussion about naming a Secretary of State by department but this reform was pushed back in popular voting.
Simple: Secretary off State
|Random links:||Oudan | Pierre Dockès | Work of Berenbach | Not Now John | Teddy Ongoly | Montagne_occidentale,_Utah|