Season NBA 1991-1992
The season NBA 1991-1992 is the 46e season of NBA.
- Magic Johnson announces at the beginning of season that it stops its career after it learned its Séropositivité.
- Charles Barkley, then with the Philadelphia 76ers, pays homage to him by exchanging its number 34 for number 32 that Magic Johnson carried until the end of the season. The 76ers which had withdrawn this number in the honor of Billy Cunningham, re-established it to make it possible Barkley to carry it.
- Because of problems of back, Larry Bird announces the end of its career at the conclusion of the season, putting a term at the one of the most beautiful duels of the history of NBA (Bird/Magic).
- the Utah Jazz play their first match with the Delta Center.
- the Phoenix Suns play their ultimate season with the Arizona Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
- the Chicago bulldozers beat the record of victories of the frankness with 67 victories (which will be beaten 4 years later).
- Michael Jordan registers 35 points in one half-time of Finales NBA beating the record of points registered in one half-time of Finale. Its six baskets at 3-points are also a record registered in one half-time.
- NBA All-Star Range 1992 was held with the Orlando Arena with Orlando, where the AlStars of the West overcame AlStars of the East on the score of 153 with 113. At the time of a meeting charged in emotion, Magic Johnson gains the title of MVP.
Final classification of the regular season
C - Champions NBA
Leaders of the regular season
- Most Valuable Player : Michael Jordan, Chicago bulldozers
- Rookie off the Year: Larry Johnson, Defensive Charlotte Hornets
- Player off the Year: David Robinson, San Antonio Spurs
- Sixth Man off the Year: Detlef Schrempf, Indiana Pacers
- Most Improved Player: Pervis Ellison, Washington Bullets
- Coach off the Year: Gift Nelson, Golden delicious State Warriors
- AlNBA First TEAM:
- F - Karl Malone, Utah Jazz
- F - Chris Mullin, Golden delicious State Warriors
- C - David Robinson, San Antonio Spurs
- G - Michael Jordan, Chicago bulldozers
- G - Clyde Drexler, Portland cement Trail Blazers
- AlNBA TEAM Second:
- F - Scottie Pippen, Chicago bulldozers
- F - Charles Barkley, Philadelphia 76ers
- C - Patrick Ewing, New York Knicks
- G - Tim Hardaway, Golden delicious State Warriors
- G - John Stockton, Utah Jazz
- AlNBA Third TEAM:
- F - Refusals Rodman, Strait Pistons
- F - Kevin Willis, Atlanta Hawks
- C - Brad Daugherty, Cleveland Riders
- G - Mark Price, Cleveland Riders
- G - Kevin Johnson, Phoenix Suns
- AlNBA Rookie TEAM:
- Steve Smith, Miami Heat
- Larry Johnson, Charlotte Hornets
- Billy Owens, Golden delicious State Warriors
- Stacey Augmon, Atlanta Hawks
- Dikembe Mutombo, Denver Nuggets
- NBA AlDefensive First TEAM:
- Refusals Rodman, Strait Pistons
- Scottie Pippen, Chicago bulldozers
- David Robinson, San Antonio Spurs
- Michael Jordan, Chicago bulldozers
- Joe Dumars, Strait Pistons
- NBA AlDefensive TEAM Second:
Notes & references
|Random links:||Antoine Waechter | Price of beauty | Equip with Guatemala of football | Pirolle with red nozzle | Roy Burnett | Callionyme_de_grognement|