SynopsisTenma Tsukamoto is a young Japanese high-school girl. In love with a rather atypical classmate, Ōji Karasuma , and which seem to be unaware of everyone, it does not go itself not account of the interest which Kenji Harima carries to him, the caïd of the school. All two, well not very accustomed with these steps in love, will do everything to point out itself by their respective targets by means often not very conventional but always diverting.
Thereafter, the history will be focused on the relations between Harima , Eri and the sister of Tenma , Yakumo .
Author: Jin Kobayashi (尽小林)
- Mangaka: Jin Kobayashi (尽小林)
- Many volumes available to Japan: 16 (exit 15,16 or March 17th, 2007)
- Serialized in: Shōnen Serialized Magazine
- since: 2002
- Statute: Publication in progress
- Published by: Kōdansha
- First publication in volume: May 16th 2003
- Published in France by: Pika Edition (right bought, prépublié in Shōnen Collection, but publication planned for September 2007).
Animates and OAV
Realizer: Shinji Takamatsu
- Studio of animation: Studio Makes
- Produit by (inter alia): Marvelous Entertainment, Media Factory
- Authors: Miho Maruo, Natsuko Takahashi, Reiko Yoshida, Tomoko Konparu, Yuki Enatsu (season 1 only for this last)
School rumble (Season 1)
- Many episodes: 26
- Lasted: 23 minutes
- First diffusion in Japan: October 5th, 2004, on TV Tokyo
Each title is in 3 parts, which indicates the 3 parts of each episodes… Some are often incomprehensible at the beginning, but when one reconsiders there…
OAV S: School rumble OVA ichigakki hoshuTitrate original: スクールランブル OVA 一学期補習 (School Rumble OAV Course additional of first part of year)
2 OAV 25 minutes left in DVD on December 22nd, 2005 in Asian animation. They take again a whole of small additional chapters which the manga includes/understands and which had been eluded in animates.
School Rumble (Season 2)Titrate original: School Rumble Nor Gakki (School Rumble Second started from year)
- Un gakki is one of the 3 parts of Japanese school year. It lasts 3 months and half in spring (in April at the beginning of), 3 months in autumn (in September at the beginning of) and 2 winter months (in January at the beginning of).
- Lasted: 23 minutes
- Nombres of episodes: 26
- First diffusion in Japan: April 2nd, 2006 in Asian animation, on TV Tōkyō
- State: Diffusion finished in Japan on September 25th, 2006 in Asian animation
Friendly Koshimizu () - Tenma Tsukamoto
- Hiroki Takahashi () - Kenji Harima
- Hiroki Konishi () - Ōji Karasuma
- Yui Horie () - Eri Sawachika
- Mamiko Noto () - Yakumo Tsukamoto
- Hitomi Nabatame () - Mikoto Suō
- Kaori Shimizu () - Akira Takano
- Yūka Nanri () - Karen Ichijō Mako
- Yukari Fukui () - Sarah Adiemus
- Shinji Kawada () - Haruki Hanai
- Daisuke Kishio () - Kyousuke Imadori
- Tomoyuki Shimura () - Noboru Tennōji
- Yū Asakawa () - Itoko Osakabe
- Sayaka Ōhara () - Tae Anegasaki (oneesan)
Scramble (COp season 1)
- Words: Takayuki Suzuki .
- Music: Takayuki Suzuki.
- Arrangement: UNSCANDAL.
- Vocaliste : Yui Horie & UNSCANDAL.
Otoko No KB onna No KB (ED season 1)
- Words: Yasuharu Konishi .
- Music: Yasuharu Konishi.
- Arrangement: Yasuharu Konishi.
- Vocaliste : Yuko Ogura.
School Rumble 4 Ever (Ending episode 26)
- Words: Aiyoshi Shiho .
- Music: Takahashigou.
- Arrangement: Takahashigou.
- Vocaliste : Tsukamoto Tenma (Koshimizu Friendly) & Suou Mikoto (Nabatame Hitomi) & Sawachika Eri (Horie Yui) & Takano Akira (Shimizu Kaori)
Sentimental Generation (COp season 2)
- original Title: センチメンタルジェネレーション ( senchimenteru generēshon )
- Sung by Friendly Tokito
Kono namida ga will arukara tsugi No ippo to naru (ED season 2)
- original Title: この涙があるから次の一歩となる
- Sung by Friendly Tokito
Futari wa wasurechau (ED season 2 starting from episode 17)
- original Title: 二人は忘れちゃう
- Sung by Tsukamoto Tenma (Koshimizu Friendly) and Tsukamoto Yakumo (Noto Mamiko)
School Rumble Present like! How! Well-like? PartyDVD of School Rumble Live Concert '05, it presents 19 songs sung in public by the Seiyuu S like by several invited groups (already present on the Image albums): UNSCANDAL, Me Saeki, Akira and Unicorn counts.
Scramble (Yui Horie and UNSCANDAL)
- Go! Go! Golden Days (Yui Horie and UNSCANDAL)
- Splash (UNSCANDAL)
- Infinity (Unicorn counts)
- Distant Coils (Unicorn counts)
- Amai Yume (Unicorn counts)
- Closer (Unicorn counts)
- Koi No Kimochi (Me Saeki)
- 17 ' S Heart (Me Saeki)
- May-nichi ga Go (Yūka Nanari)
- Boy (Akira)
- Best Friend (Yukari Fukui)
- Yūgao (Mamiko Noto)
- Feel my feeling (Yui Horie)
- Suteki Na Yokan (Friendly Koshimizu)
- The super girl has the super heart (Hitomi Nabatame)
- School Rumble 4 Ever (Friendly Koshimizu, Hitomi Nabatame, Yui Horie, Akira)
- Onna No KB Otoko No KB (All seiyuus)
- Scramble (All seiyuus)
The characters evolve/move apparently in a school which does not practice the redoubling. It follows that all the pupils of the same class have the same age, with a margin of a few months.
Tenma Tsukamoto (, 1m54): Tenma is the " première" heroin of the history. Awkward, often including/understanding through, not very gifted for the studies, it is in love with Karasuma and does all for rendering comprehensible to him. Its two small side wicks indicate its mood. Often gamine, it makes despite everything possible sound to hold its role of big sister.
- Kenji Harima (, 1m80): Kenji is the rebel of the school. Recluse, motorcyclist, always carrying his black glasses and its goat, it never loses a combat and everyone fears it, except for Tennōji which frequently defies it, to lose with the final one. Behind the hooligan hides a tender heart: it is secretly in love with Tenma since it saved it (it was then 15 years old) and it adores the animals with which it has a bond empathic some. It also has a secret dream: to become mangaka.
- Ōji Karasuma (, 1m75): Karasuma is a strange boy, who seems to live in another world. He adores the curry over all and will prove to be a famous mangaka.
- Eri Sawachika (, 1m65): Eri is a pretty young girl of easy family and semi-European origin semi-Japanese woman, continued by many boys of the school, which it pushes back each time. In fact, this protection makes that it always remains without love. A particular relation dregs however with Harima during the series.
- Mikoto Suō (): Mikoto is a Aïkido ka, friend of childhood of Hanai and whose measurements are worth the sticking proximity of Imadori to him.
- Akira Takano (, 1m60): Akira is the president of the club of and is a close relation friend of Tenma. She speaks very little but striking always right, she is also very observant.
- Haruki Hanai (): Hanai is a aïkidoka and girdles black Kempo. It is also the class representative, a function which he assumes with serious often excessive. It is in love with Yakumo and makes any possible sound to generally be near it.
- Karen Ichijō (): Karen is lutteuse of a so to speak superhuman force. Completely indifferent to the boys because absorptive in his sport, she is discovered an interest for Imadori.
- Kyōsuke Imadori (): Imadori is a dredger by nature. By reflex could one say, which is worth sometimes troubles to him, but it has a certain success. He likes Mikoto particularly.
- Jirō Yoshidayama (): Underling, ambitious, of Harima.
- Yakumo Tsukamoto (, 1m66): Yakumo is the little sister of Tenma. She is a cooker except par and has the not very common faculty of reading the thoughts of the boys who test something for her. In fact, it spends its time fleeing them because it is the whooping-cough of the boys of the college. It can also read the thoughts of her sister. She is rather contained, seems often melancholic person and adores the animals. She appreciates much Harima which shares this interest, and whose thoughts are curiously impermeable for him. She is the second heroin of the series.
- Sarah Adiemus (): Friend of Yakumo, member of the club of the, it is English.
- Harry Mackenzie (): Left American clone of Harima in less hooligan, it also has a certain gift for the brawl and wears and sunglasses leather jacket.
- Lala Gonzalez (): Mexican Lutteuse, girl of fighter. Very authoritative in its behavior, she saw a competition with Karen internally, although this one already beat it easily.
- Noboru Tennōji (): Only person with still daring to defy Harima, one could accept her eagerness the limit of the masochism so much her many defeats on Harima seem not to please to him.
- Kentarō Nara (): Erased enough young man, it plans to allure Tenma, more or less on his request, but is impressed considerably by Harima of which it felt attraction for this one.
- Masakazu Tōgō (): Delegated 2D, rival class of that of Tenma, with the competitive spirit rather developed.
- Itoko Osakabe (, 1m68): Professor, Itoko is also the cousin of Harima. Very adult, it maintains a strong relationship to this last, which it lodges most of the time, subtly helping it in these choices.
- Tae Anegasaki (oneesan) (): Nurse of the school, coldly separated from her friend, it finds a certain comfort by lodging Harima one moment.
Season 1Un most of these anecdotes have as a source the site of AnimeNewsNetwork, of other of the US version, others finally of WannabeFansub.
the name (Tsukamoto) and first name (Tenma) of Tenma Tsukamoto are the names of 2 stations of trains located close to Ōsaka.
the name of Tennōji means “imperial Temple”, but is very near phonetically to teinōji (低能児), meaning… “weak spirit, raises poor”.
the sound " zi" do not exist in Japanese. In fact, it is replaced by the sound most similar to the language: " ji". It follows qu'" from there; Harry MacKenzie" " decides; Harry MacKenji" , which thus becomes a homonym d'" Harima Kenji".
Kentarō Nara was initially designed to be the main character of the history (it is imagined that the history was then quite different).
the reorientation of the history towards Yakumo, Eri and Harima would be due to a survey of popularity on the characters which would have given Eri in first, Yakumo as a second and Tenma, far behind, in third.
In episode 1, in scene where Harima continues Tenma (which continues Karasuma), all three double a Toyota Sprinter AE86 Trueno decorated with a sticker " Kobayashi Tofu Ten". It is in fact a wink with Initial D which raises a similar car equipped with a sticker " Fujiwara Tofu Ten" (" Store of tofu of Fujiwara" , the tofu being a preparation of soya).
In episode 3, the team parodied Matrix in the scene where Harima avoids the arrows that Tenma launched while aiming Karasuma.
- In this same episode, the serial " Continuation: The trio was tué" is a parody of a famous serial: " The trio which tue". The names of the actors, the characters and the chain of TV are word games on the original names. Thus, TV Tōkyō became TV Tōto, textually: TV Capital of the East (Tōkyō being located at the east of Japan, in opposition to the old capital, Kyōto).
Always in this same episode, Hurricane Kick (in Japanese pronunciation: harikenkikku ) of Harima can be included/understood like " Hari" (my) " Ken" (ji) " Kick".
In episode 6, it is made compliment of the broad hips of Tenma. It is about a true compliment in Japan (although rather uncommon nowadays), the broad hips being supposed to facilitate the childbirth. Currently, there is a word for that: Anzangata (安産型), meaning " textually; type to be confined paisiblement".
In episode 8, the television series is of course a parody of the Star Wars.
the beginning of this episode would be in addition a parody of a scene of Ken the survivor.
the continuation of this scene parodies Dragon Ball Z and Teito Taisen
the title of the manga of Karasuma is a parody of a news: Sengoku Jiei-tai (which it transposes during another historical time, not being appropriate at all for the history).
In episode 13, Jan-Ken-Pon, often shortened in JanKen, is an alternative of our play Pierre-Sheet-Chisel. For more information, to see.
In episode 15, the publisher is called Dankōsha, deformation of Kōdansha.
In this same episode, there would be a parody of The Ring.
In episode 16, the paper seal that Tenma plates on the mouth of Yakumo known as: " 問答無用 " , i.e. " It is useless to argue (on this point) ".
In this same episode, the quill of the bought by Harima is called " Hen Na cha" , " the bizarre".
In episode 18, Tenma gives a nickname to Karen (as with its practice): Kare-rin. Karelin is a world champion of fight gréco-Roman. Among will the other nicknames, one find Yakumon (doors of the evil???) for Yakumo and Miko-chin (strange priestess??) for Mikoto.
In this same episode, Tenma registered " niku" on its mask. This same word is carried (but written in Kanji) by Muscleman, the hero of old animates same name.
Toujours in this episode appears a parody of the Power Rangers. The name of the actresses is a deformation of the names of the seiyuus, by replacing their first kanji by that of the color of their character.
In episode 19, Hanai imagines Yakumo calling it Hanai-chi. Chi is a suffix given to the animals to make their name nicer… In the same way, Fuyuki calls Nara " Nara-chi" , to show its d'" role; animal of compagnie" in the band.
In episode 21, the drive of Hanai parodies a film of Jackie Chan.
the titles of this episode are parodies of titles of episodes of Gundam.
In this same episode, Harry McKenzie carries a red jacket and same the glasses as Quattro Bajeena (Aznable Tank) of Mobile Follows Zeta Gundam. Moreover, it uses a motor bike of color but, decorated Japanese symbol meaning " 100" , reference to the Mobile Follows MSN-100 Hyakushiki of color but, controlled by Quattro Bajeena. In addition, Tougou Masakazu would be a parody of Anavel Gatou, the same one animates.
In the OAV2, WAS Burger is a deformation of MOS Burger, a chain of fast food, and uses its reversed logo (theoretically a kind of “Me, here, a kind of “W”).
This episode uses in Guest star the voice of Jin Kobayashi, the mangaka, and of a famous radio operator organizer, DJ Yoshimo.
- episodes 2 and 3 of season 2 are inspired freely by Battle Royale.
- At the end of episode 3 the duel between Harima and Hanai is a wink with the film Equilibrium (end of that Ci).
- In the episode the 14 scene which Harima with the girl wants to write which falls directly on the boy seems drawn from Love Hina (moreover, when Harima thinks it, the character of the girl is identical to Naru de Love Hina).
- the magical girl of episode 21 is a reproduction of Sakura, Tiori playing the part of Kerberos.
- a video game PS2: School Rumble Neru Musume ha sodatsu , left in July 2005 in Japan, published by Marvelous Interactive.
- a video game PS2: School Rumble Nor-Gakki , left in July 2006 in Japan, published by Marvelous Interactive.
- a video game PSP: School Rumble -san Jiken desu! , left in July 2006 in Japan, published by Marvelous Interactive.
- Several batches of figurines.
- a OST (CD containing the musics/original songs of animated): スクールランブルオリジナルサウンドトラック +α ( School Rumble Original Sound Track + alpha ), left in January 2005. One also finds it under the name School Rumble Original Sound Track - Sound School . It is composed by Omori Toshiyuki.
- individual for the ending: individual School rumble ED - Onna No KB otoko No KB , of Yuko Ogura.
- individual for the opening: individual School rumble COp - Scramble .
- a guide book: School Rumble - Private Spins , left in October 2004 at Kōdansha.
- a guide book: School Rumble - Official Spins , left in November 2004 at Kōdansha.
- a guide book: School Rumble - Pleasure Spins , left in 2006
- a guide book: School Rumble - Treasure Spins , left in 2006
External bondshttp://www.animenewsnetwork.com/convention.php?id=299 Interview of Kobayashi on School rumble.
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/school-rumble/ (Site of TV Tokyo)
http://www.school-rumble.fr (site and forum of French-speaking fans)
|Random links:||Abraham Simpson | Bofors | Croixille | Magic kingdom of Disney | Championship of France of female tennis | Forest of leafy trees of Europe and Occidental Asia | Megatsunami|