Scheveningen is a district of $the Hague, city of the Netherlands, on the edges of the the North Sea. It is a Seaside resort modern with long a sandy Plage and a Jetée of Loisir S. Its port is used for the fishing, the pleasure sailing England -->.
Events/AttractionsThe annual events include:
- polar Bath the New Year's Day;
- the day of the flag to the Spring when the first catch of Hareng S is put at the biddings.
- Fires of artifices in summer: once per week and several days during the week of the festival
- the Red Bull Knock-out is a race of motor bike organized on the beach of Scheveningen in autumn.
A visit with Scheveningen can include:
- the museum of the sea
- the Thrown of Scheveningen and its base of Jump to the rubber band with the top of the sea
- the museum Beelden year Zee (sculptures) and sculptures (free) located between the museum and the sea
- the Panorama Mesdag.
- Madurodam (amusement park)
- the Circustheatre , a theater
- Following the invitation of the Netherlands in 1892, 15 delegated European countries meet in Scheveningen to lay down the rules of the sports of Figure skating and Speed skating.
De Uithof is the site of a great sporting center, including two skating rinks, a ski slope, a center of climbing and more.
Born in Scheveningen
- Jean Pierre Rawie it (April 20th 1951)
- the name Scheveningen was used like word of code during the Second world war in order to identify the German spies: the German S pronounced the initial “sch differently” Dutch.
With the failures, the Scheveningen is a variation of opening of play known under the name of sicilian Défense, played for the first time in a Tournoi with Scheveningen .
- See Sicilian Scheveningue
has Scheveningen , the penitentiary District of the the United Nations shelters the prisoners of the International penal court (CPI) and of the International penal court for ex-Yugoslavia (TPI there).
- Official Madurodam website
|Random links:||Chèvrefeuille | Saint-Christophe-on-the-be born | Bill Jourdan | Dupont brewery | Theorem of Menger | Orage_de_Tampa_Bay|