Santa Vitória C Palmar
Santa Vitória C Palmar , located between the Lagoa Mirim and the Atlantic Ocean Southern.
The second part of its name comes from the great quantity from palm trees Butia which were in the endoit, probablemant sown by the dejections of the migratory birds which nidifiaient in the contiguous wetlands in Lagoa Mirim. One still finds some palm plantations ( prize list ), but the majority were destroyed by the installation of rice plantations, which intensified in the area starting from the Années 1960 with the arrival of intensive mechanization. The part of the Uruguyan territory along Lagoa Mirim still presents better preserved palm plantations.
In 1531, Martim Afonso de Sousa made Naufrage on the coasts of current the Rio Grande C Sul, close to a river, losing the Navire captain and seven men. To explore banks of this river - that some historians think of being that of Chuí- it left a caravel with thirty men, ordered by his brother, Pedro Lopes de Souza, for " to sit titles and to take possession in the name of the Portuguese Crown ".
The February 19th 1737, the Captain Jose da Silva Paes, which had left to bring helps to Colônia of Sacramento and to attack Montevideo, unloading in the Rio Grande. Later, it organized a forwarding in order to take possession of the territory delimited in the south by the rivers Chuí and São Miguel. On that of São Miguel, it built a extremely today completely integrated into the inheritance historical Uruguyan (the Fort of San Miguel).
Under the terms of the Treated of Madrid concluded between Portugal and the Spain, was formed the January 13rd 1750, a " équipe" for the demarcation of the limits of the two Crowns. The general Captain of Rio de Janeiro, Gums Freire de Andrade, was named first police chief for the part of the Portuguese Crown, and the Marquis Val of Lírios Spanish police chief.
The general Captain started from Rio Grande the June 29th 1752, going to camp itself in the Garnison of Chuí. From there, it left for Castilhos Grande, where was placed the first Borne border the October 12th. The second and third were installed, respectively, with the Lieu-dit " Índia Morta " (or " Índios Mortos ") and in back Reis Tightened (currently, Serra of Carapé, in Uruguay).
After the treaty of alliance passed between Spain, Austria, France and Russia, Gift Pedro de Ceballos, Governor of Buenos Aires, decided the evacuation of Colônia C Sacramento. This decision, Gomes Freire answered by sending a Escadre of eleven veils and charged the Colonel with the fortification of Castilhos Grande (the Forteresse of Santa Teresa, today on the Uruguyan side of the border). Destroying the most important obstacle with the Spanish army it construction previously quoted, the invaders overcame all the difficulties and seized the Fort of São Miguel the April 23rd 1763, and the borough of Rio Grande, the May 12th.
While ratifying the Treated of San Ildefonso, the October 4th 1777, the first terminal of the new border was placed at the mouth of the river of Chuí, the second was installed on that of São Miguel and the third, close to Palmeira.
Following this treaty, the area belonged to the Campos neutrais (" Neutres" fields;), where, according to the agreement between the Portuguese and Spanish colonizers, none of the two countries could establish campings nor to create dwellings. This situation delayed the colonization which began again really only as from 1855.
The Maréchal Jose de Souza Soares de Andréa dissociated the place of settlement, project whose realization was the dream of the Commander Manoel Corrêa de Mirapalheta.
Thus settled, in a very animated way, the southern border of Brazil and the limits of what was going to become the Municipality of Santa Vitória C Palmar and, later, of those of Chuí.
Santa Vitória is the southernmost municipality of Brazil, the extreme point being on the river of Chuí, close to the beach of the Barra C Chuí (mouth of the Chuí river), left the greatest beach of the world (all the littoral part of the municipality). Above the latter, throne the headlight southernmost of the country, the Farol C Chuí , 30 height meters and built in 1922, to a few hundred meters of the border with the Uruguay.
The vault under the protection of Santo Antônio C Palmar de Lemos was built on the coast of the same name, in the district of Taim, Municipalité of Rio Grande. The selected and dissociated place was part of the grounds of Antônio de Carvalho Oporto, which gave the necessary grounds close to the palm plantation ( palmar ), and took the name of its first owner, Jose de Lemos. The act of creation shows that the original name was Andréa, and Santa Vitória that of the holy owner.
The locality was thus created with the locality of the Small valleys of Palmar de Lemos, the December 19th 1855. The October 6th 1858, the president of the province, Ângelo Moniz da Silva Ferraz, created the second district of Taim, consisted the Vault of Santa Vitória C Chuí, and, the December 6th of the same year the Loi nº 417 was sanctioned, giving the grounds of the parish to Santa Vitória.
The Law nº 808 , of the October 30th, 1872 raised Santa Vitória with the category of borough; Law nº 945 , of the May 15th 1874, marked the limits of the Municipality and, the same year, the locality was inaugurated.
According to the framework of territorial division come into effect the June 30th 1956, the Municipality of Santa Vitória C Palmar was divided into two districts: Santa Vitória C Palmar and Chuí. This last will be founded Municipalité in 1997.
With the descendants of the Portuguese and Spaniards were also added with the Italian colonists , who had a considerable influence on the formation of the local population. The majority came from the South of the Italy, of Calabria.
" the approximate number of our fellow-citizens residing in the town of Santa Vitória C Palmar is from approximately six hundreds, of which hundreds are tradesmen and the remainder workmen and operations. The capital had by the tradesmen is evaluated roughly on 1.300 accounts of réis and the urban properties are of forty and represent a value of three hundred accounts. " (Ciapelli, 1899, p. 72-73)
In addition to the intensive culture of the Rice, the bovine breeding of Butchery and the breeding Ovin for the Laine is the two other important economic activities. Being given the sanitary arrangements and ambiantales particularly favorable, the Tique does not affect the bovine cattle of the municiplaity, allowing a good quality of the animal Cuir. Lagoa Mirim is the center of an intense activity of fishing E has a port with the maritime activity reduced to date.
Returned per head (2000): R$ 406,43 (Exchange 2000: R$1,00 = 4,00 FF) Source: Atlas of the Human Development UNDP
- GDP per head (2005): R$ 10.317 (Exchange 2005: 1,00€ = R$ 3,00) Source: FAIRY
2004 Claudio F. Pereira Truss, known as " O Batata " , (Pt) - elected official with 9.388 votes
- 2000 Artur F. Rocha Correa (PDT) - elected official with 8.041 votes
Life expectancy: 68,51 years (2000) Source: FAIRY
- Coefficient of infant mortality (2005): 12,61 per 1000 Source: FAIRY
- Rate of Illiteracy (2000): 8,89% Source: FAIRY
- Population growth (2005): 0,78% per annum
- Index of Human development (IDH): 0,799 Atlas of Human development UNDP - 2000
- 49,46% women
- 50,54% men
- 83,93% of the population is urban
- 16,07% of the population is rural
|Random links:||Military government | Marie Wilson | Audio Naim | Ying Yang Twins | Larry Augustin | Opatówek|