San Felipe del Progreso
San Felipe del Progreso is a city of the State of Mexico City to the Mexico located at 90 km in the north of the town of Toluca, formerly named San Felipe Ixtlahuaca , San Felipe el Grande and San Felipe del Obraje . Its surface is of 856 km ², which makes of it the second municipality of the State of Mexico City.
HistoryThere exist indication of settlement of the area as of the 7th century by the Indians Mazahuas. It was then conquered as of 1379 by the sovereigns Aztèques, Acamapichtli and Tezozomochtli. As the road going of Mexico City to Morelia crosses San Felipe, the places quickly were explored by the Spanish Conquistadors, as of 1522, then colonized as of 1529. The first large Estancia , on the territory of current San Felipe, was that of Juan de Cuevas in 1540.
October 27th 1810, at the time of its walk on Mexico City, the father of the Mexican nation, Miguel Hidalgo, crossed the city, then named San Felipe del Obraje. It was accommodated there as hero and a liberator by the Créole S and the Indians of which number of them united with its insurrectionary movement. Starting from this date the city was the target of the royalist troops carried out successively by Agustín de Iturbide and Felix María Calleja del Rey.
It is under its original Hispanic name of San Felipe del Obraje that the city became a commune of the State of Mexico City on January 1st 1826, by the decree number 36 of the assembly constitutive of this State. Its current name of San Felipe del Progreso to him was given only the October 13rd 1877, by decree of the governor of the State of Mexico City, the general Juan NR. Mirafuentes.
- '' San Felipe del Progreso '' on Enciclopedia of los Municipios of Mexico City.
|Random links:||Bussiares | Edd Kalehoff | Glasses with obturation LLC | Henri Ziegler | County of Kidder | Soldats_musulmans_en_avant|