Born with Yonkers (New York), it studies the composition with Herbert Elwell with the Oberlin College of 1947 with 1951, with Bernard Rodgers with the Eastman School off Music of Rochester (New York) in 1952 then with Luigi Dallapiccola with the Cherubini academy of Florence between 1952 and 1954. Of 1956 with 1959 it is with Rome with the American Academy. In 1960, one gives Guggenheim Fellowship to him and the price of the American Academy off Arts and Letters. He teaches then, during long year with the Université of Illinois. He also works on the Electronic music and designs musical instruments electronics, like the Sal-Mar in 1969.
A price of musical composition bearing its name, the Salvatore Martirano Memorial Composition Award, is given each year since 1996.
- American Academy in Rome spring concert, 1957 April 10 ; 2003.
- Scrape rim skin: solo snare drum ; Smith Publications, 1990.
- Cocktail music for solo piano ; Smith Publications, 1989.
- Stuck one Stella: solo piano ; Lingua Near, 1982.
- Balad: 1966 ;
- O, O, O, O, that Shakesperian rag/with soprano/George Rochberg ; Composers Recordings, 1963.
- Contrasto, for orchestrated ; Associated Music Publishers, 1960.
|Random links:||Steve Cherundolo | The Cliff | Bhanubhakta Acharya | Equip with France of football to the championship of Europe 1996 | Lucius Aemilius Barbula | John_Curtis_(entomologiste)|