GeographyThe village is built close to an old volcano, the Mont Ramus . An old lava flow led to the formation of visible basaltic organ in the middle of the village. Saint-Thibéry is located at the confluence of the Herault and the Thongue. This situation imposes on the village the construction and the maintenance of dams to protect itself from the floods when the two rivers are in rising.
The principal activity is the vine growing. A career also exploits the basalt of the Ramus Mount.
HistoryThe village is located close to the Roman bridge, making it possible the Voie Domitienne to cross Herault. The ancient name of the village was Cessero . The village was then called Saint-Thibéry.
It was in the old diocese of Agde. It was the seat of a Benedictine abbey, founded at the time Carolingian by Attilio, disciple and friend of saint Benoît d' Aniane. The abbey church of Saint-Thibéry, of Gothic style, built at the end of XIIIe century, was never completed for lack of funds and of wars of religion. In XVIIIe century, the Benedictines of Saint-Maur rebuilt the monastery with magnificence, which represents a very beautiful unit, formed by the high altar, the stalls and the woodworks of XVIIIe century. One can still see the cloister and a tower of enclosure. The old center of the village preserves a whole of houses of XVe, XVIe, XVIIe and XVIIIe centuries.
Places and monuments
- the basalt casting with the basaltic organ .
the Roman bridge .
the medieval mill on Herault.
the Bridge Old (XVIe century) on Tongue.
the abbey church with its crypt.
the cloister .
the turn .
Personalities related to the commune
Football : Sporting Club Saint-Thibérien is a club which plays with the colors yellow and black. It is chaired by Mr. Gilbert Tahar.
For the matches in residence, the club uses the municipal stage of Saint-Thibéry.
The team is affiliated with the French federation of Football and takes part in the official competitions organized by the district of Herault and the league of Languedoc-Roussillon.
results of season 2006/2007
results of season 2007/2008
- the Motor bike Club : The Motor bike Saint-Thibérien Club uses the track of cross-country race of Vieire. It organizes each year:
- 2 endurances;
- 1 motocross (cash for the championship of France junior in 2007);
- 1 super night cross-country race, estival, first Saturday of August;
- the Mediterranean trophy in November.
- Common of Herault
- Saint-Thibéry on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Saint-Thibéry on the site of INSEE
- Saint-Thibéry on the site of Quid
- Localization of Saint-Thibéry on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane on Saint-Thibéry on Mapquest
|Random links:||CinéCinéma | ㅠ | Boulevard de Strasbourg (Toulon) | Church of the Sacred Heart of Dijon | Mighty Avengers | Liste_d'oiseaux_nord-américains|