Its inhabitants is called Saint-Sauviens.
It is known that as of the time Gallo-Roman E, the site of Saint-Save was occupied with the discovery of objects of terracotta with the S in the west of the borough (Perties). At the 4th century, Saint-Save knows strong a Christianisation. At the time of the cruel invasions, the borough of Saint-Save was strengthened and constituted a place of asylum.
With the the Middle Ages, Saint-Save is a stronghold pertaining to the family of the Turn-in Auvergne . Château X are built in Méjanesse, Châteauneuf and Choriol now disappeared. During the War One hundred Year old, the borough, located close to the strategic way Clermont- Aurillac, suffers from the deprivations and plunderings of troops of passage.
Under the Old Mode, the territory of the Paroisse of Saint-Save, attached to the Sénéchaussée of Riom then of Clermont, is divided between the seigniories of Barns (Tauves), of Planchat, Murat and Baths (Mount-Gilds It).
During the Revolution, the refractory priest Jean Brugiere is stopped the 28 Germinal An II to be presented to the revolutionary Tribunal of Besse. He will be condemned to died the 12 Floréal An II by the criminal court of the Puy de Dôme and guillotine the very same day with Clermont-Ferrand. At that time, Saint-Save is called Safe-Free .
The borough and of the surrounding villages are devastated by several fires throughout the 18th century and 19th century.
During the war of 1914 - 1918 perish 116 Saint-Sauviens. An inhabitant is killed at the time of the Guerre of Rif in 1925, nine during the war of 1939 - 1945, one in Indo-China in 1949 and one in Algérie in 1958.
During the war of 1939 - 1945, young inhabitants, refractories with the Service of obligatory work, joins the maquis zone III FFI directed by the doctor of Borough-Lastic, Willy Mabrut alias " Tonton" , towards 1943 and 1944 and form the maquis of Saint-Genoa-Champespe in June 1944.
Places and monuments
Ancien Porche of the church (time Rebirth)
- Tilleul known as “of Sully” (17th century)
- Pont on the the Dordogne (18th century)
- Pierre coming from the fortress of the Bastille (preserved in the town hall)
- Église of style néo-novel (S)
- War memorial of the Sculpteur Camus (1923)
- glacial Verrou from Saint-Save (valley of the the Dordogne and classified rock of Châteauneuf ZNIEFF)
- abandoned Villages of Cheix (Méjanesse) and the Renardières (medieval time )
Personalities related to the commune
- Claude Alexis Mabru (1755-1801); to advise of the king, friend of Couthon, in favor of Robespierre, mayor of Clermont-Ferrand in 1798 and whose family cradle is also with Saint-Save
- Michel Bertrand (1774-1857); doctor born with Saint-Save and founder of the thermal spa of the Mount-Gilds
- Marius Vazeilles (1881-1973); Tree grower, Archeologist, Appointed of the Popular front and Instituteur with Saint-Save 1900 with 1906
- André Girard (1909-1993); regional chief of the resistance network Alliance (1943 - 1944) and administrative director of the tobacco factory of Lyon buried in the communal cemetery of Saint-Save
- Alexis François Boivin, missionary, born on February 13rd, 1870 with the hamlet from Châteauneuf. In October 1884, it entered in fifth to the small seminar of Cell, close to Clermont-Ferrand, and spent five years there. October 16th, 1889, it entered like laic to the seminar of the Foreign missions. Tonsure on September 28th, 1890, undervalued on September 27th, 1891, sub-deacon on September 24th, 1892, deacon on February 25th, 1893, it was ordered priest on July 2nd, 1893, accepted his destination for the Apostolic Vicariate of Cochinchine Orientale; it left Paris on December 19th, 1893 and embarked in Marseilles on December 24th of the same year to join its mission. Arrived at QUINHON on January 24th, 1894, it was sent to KIM-CHAU to study the language Vietnamese. In Christmas 1894, he became professor with the Small Seminar. In January 1896, it was named vicar with PHAN-THIET, with main home with CU-MY, area where it contracted the fevers. In 1899, after a stay in HONG-KONG, it became cleaned DONG-QUA, then in January 1904, priest of PHAN-RANG. In November 1907, it returned with DONG-QUA. In January 1912, it returned to France. Of return in its mission, in April 1914, it was named cleaned of FERMENTED, station which it preserved until its death, which has occurred on June 27th, 1923 of the continuations of an high fever. Alexis François BOIVIN was a man of great humility at the point to refuse important distinctions and responsibilities. Had a presentiment of to be Higher Great Seminar, it made bring back its nomination. Of a charity without terminal, he did not hesitate entremettre to calm a dissension or to dissipate a misunderstanding. Very to the current of the customs and habits Vietnameses, he devoted himself to poetry. He is buried with the cemetery of LANG-SONG.
Festival of the crowning of Rosière (weekend following on August 15th)
- Exposure of works of painter S buildings from April to October
- National center and international of Music and Accordion Jacques-Mornet (localities Ludines)
- Village flowered - 1 flower
- Common of the Puy-de-Dôme
Monographie of Saint-Save of Auvergne by Thibault Fouris
- Site of old postcards of Daniel Mesure
- Saint-Save-in Auvergne on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Saint-Save-in Auvergne on the site of INSEE
- Saint-Save-in Auvergne on the site of Quid
- Localization of Saint-Save-in Auvergne on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plan on Saint-Save-in Auvergne on Mapquest
|Random links:||Raft of survival | Lomami (province Constitution 2005) | European agency of the air security | Christine Lakin | Dza | Achsah|