See also: Saint-Ouen
GeographySaint-Ouen is a commune bordering on Paris located at the north of the capital, consisted the southern part of the Pays of France, limited by the first loop of the the Seine and the town of Saint-Denis. It is consisted a big part of the Plaine Saint-Denis.
In 1860, the town of Paris absorbed the territory of the old communes which were inside the fortifications of Thiers. The part of the old commune of Montmartre and part of that of the Vault located outside the line of defense was then allotted to Saint-Ouen.
Without forgetting the head offices of others grandres undertaken: The Parisian one, Celio, L'Oreal, and Cetelem
TransportThe city is served by:
- the Ring road,
- the Line 13 of the subway of Paris (stations Door of Saint-Ouen, Garibaldi, Town hall of Saint-Ouen and Crossroads Pleyel).
- the Station of Saint-Ouen.
The name of the commune comes from Saint Ouen, bishop of Rouen died in the Villa Clippiacum , i.e. the palate of king Dagobert located in the " Old Saint-Ouen" who belonged to the old territory of Clichy.
It is known in England under the name of Saint Owen or Ewen or its relics was transported in Canterbury.
The Latin name of Audœnus Dado gave the name of audoniens to the inhabitants of the city.
The human presence on the site as of the Préhistoire is attested by the discovery of tools dated from the Paléolithique means. The history of the village itself begins at the time mérovingienne, time to which is built a royal villa, Clippiacum , where remained the king Dagobert. The Saint-Ouen bishop dies there on August 24th 686. The villa then becomes an important place of Pèlerinage and a village is established quickly around the place of worship. Saint-Ouen remains only one village until the 19th century, period during which begins industrialization from the commune.
Saint-Ouen passes from 3300 inhabitants in 1861 to 30700 in 1896 thanks to the industrialization of the city which becomes a Faubourg industrial and populeux thanks to the influence of Paris, even if the cultures account for 50% more of the surface of the city at that time. A electric Tramway is in circulation at that time.
AdministrationThe Canton of Saint-Ouen includes/understands only part of the commune. The other part belongs to the Canton of Saint-Denis-South.
SafetyThe rate of criminality of the district of police force of Saint-Ouen east of 153,39 acts for 1000 inhabitants (crimes and offenses, figures 2005) what makes some highest of the Seine-Saint-Denis, very largely higher than average the main road (83/1000) and secondary road (95,67/1000). The rate of resolution of the businesses by the police services of 28,79% is as for him nearly identical to the national average of 28,76%. In absolute value, the rate of delinquency to St Ouen is not the first of the department. It should be noted that the presence of the flea market on the territory of the city, the largest market of Europe, augment considerably figures of the crimes and offenses. Indeed, saturdays, Sundays and Mondays the population of the city makes more than to double because of behavior of the market. The rate of delinquency referred to above is thus not exclusively to the inhabitants of the city but also with the exceptional character of the flea market.
Flea marketThe city accommodates the Flea market of Paris, which is the most important concentration of Antiquaire S and second-hand dealers of the world. This flea market is held every saturday, Sunday and Monday and because of this raised frequency, it is for a long time made up only of professionals renting their site with beams one minimum duration three years.
Castle of Saint-Ouen
- the Castle (12, rue Albert-Dhalenne), was built of 1664 with 1669 by the architect Antoine Pautre for Joachim-Adolphe de Seiglières, superintendent of finances of Mister, brother of the king Louis XIV. The castle belonged then to the family of Gesvres, with the Marquise of Pompadour of 1759 with 1764, before being bought in 1811 by Vincent Potocki, great chamberlain of Poland and general of cavalry. Louis XVIII, of return of England, signs a historical act there: the declaration known as of Saint-Ouen restoring monarchy, recognizing however certain freedoms acquired during the French revolution and the Empire. There remain nothing the old castle. The current castle at summer built within Louis XVIII and offered has his mistress Madam of Cayla.
- the Church of the Old man Saint-Ouen (4, rue Planty), witness of the history of the city, is a building, several times restored, registered voter with the inventory of the historic buildings.
- the museum Pierre Cardin (33, boulevard Victor Hugo): Pierre Cardin decided to install its museum between the town hall and the docks of the commune, in an old factory of painting of 3.000 m ² repurchased six years ago.
SportThe city has a stage whose official name is the '' stage of Paris '' but which is also known under the name of stage Bauer , place of drive of the team of the Red Star and which accommodated international matches.
The city also has a skating rink and nautical center Auguste Delaune
People related to the commune
Jacques Necker, politician and banker French, had a castle in Saint-Ouen.
- Germaine Necker remained there.
- the captain Jean Glarner, Resistant French, is citizen of honor of the town of Saint-Ouen. It took part in the creation of the local committee of release of Saint-Ouen which, on August 19th 1944, carried out the combat against the German troops until the arrival of the first armoured tanks of the division Leclerc. An avenue of the city bears its name.
- Georgette Lemaire sang at Louisette with the chips of Saint-Ouen.
Song in Saint-Ouen
Aristide sang has Saint-Ouen .
- Dona sang the Idylle in Saint-Ouen
- Edith Piaf sang Between Saint-Ouen and Clignancourt .
- Henri Salvador composed the song Trompette of occasion on the flea market.
- Yves Simon, in History of a good-for-nothing , also evokes the flea market.
- Daniel Guichard, in the Gipsy , speaks about the city.
- Official site of the city
- Web site on the '' flea market ''
- Web site of the Tourist office of Saint-Ouen
|Random links:||Mechanics of the solid | Bourgtheroulde-Infreville | William Lescaze | (577) Rhéa | Parish of Allen | Liste_de_stations_de_télévision_de_Los_Angeles|