Its inhabitants is called the Nonnais-Bretéchois .
GeographyIt is a rustic village and very middle-class man, with feel inserted between the houses. The village, established in a rather undulating territory, is located in the great West Paris IEN, to thirteen km in the North-West of Versailles and to eight km in the south-west of Saint-Germain-in-Bush hammer.
The communes bordering are Chambourcy with the north-north-east, Fourqueux in the North-East, the Pond-the-City with the east-north-east, Noisy-the-King in south-east, Villepreux in the south, Chavenay in south-east and Feucherolles in the North-West.
The commune is crossed by two lanes of importance, the secondary road 307, centered East-West, which carries out towards the east to Noisy-the-King then Rocquencourt where are the accesses to the highways A13 and A12 and towards the west to Crespières and the valley of the Mauldre as well as the secondary road 98, centered North-South, which carries out towards north to Saint-Germain-in-Bush hammer and towards the south to the agglomeration of the Clayes-under-Wood - Plaisir.
HistorySaint-name-the-Bretèche was constituted starting from four hamlets, Saint-Name, Bretèche, Valmartin and Tilery-Bignon, close to the Forêt of Marly. The village takes its name of a Co-bishop of the 9th century, Saint-Nun, who has D-évangélisé the country after the invasions Normans. The name of Bretèche comes from the German breit eiche which means large oak, Latin ized initially in bretachiae : it was about a fortification out of wooden (see Bretèche) which protected a hamlet with the edge from the forest of Cruye, today called forest of Marly.
The hamlet in the beginning was called Saint-Nun with the Valley of Galie , the name of the parish, then Saint-Name close to Bretesche and finally Saint-Name-the-Bretèche since the Révolution.
Thereafter developed many Lotissement S of which the new hamlet of the Small valley of Chavenay.
The blazon of Saint-Name has in its center a bretessée fasce which points out the origin of the word Bretèche. The three sheets with five petals, known as cinquefoils, symbolize the Forêt of Marly - the-King, of which a part is located on the territory of the village and who covers the third with them.
(graphic development by Wikipédia)
ImageSize = width: 850 height: 350 PlotArea = left: 50 bottom: 50 signal: 30 right: 30 DateFormat = x.y Period =from: 0 till: 6000 TimeAxis = orientation: vertical AlignBars = justify ScaleMajor = gridcolor: darkgrey increment: 1000 start: 0 ScaleMinor = gridcolor: lightgrey increment: 200 start: 0 BackgroundColors = canvas: sfondo
BarData= bar: 1793 text: 1793 bar: 1800 text: 1800 bar: 1806 text: 1806 bar: 1821 text: 1821 bar: 1831 text: 1831 bar: 1846 text: 1846 bar: 1856 text: 1856 bar: 1866 text: 1866 bar: 1872 text: 1872 bar: 1881 text: 1881 bar: 1891 text: 1891 bar: 1901 text: 1901 bar: 1911 text: 1911 bar: 1921 text: 1921 bar: 1926 text: 1926 bar: 1936 text: 1936 bar: 1946 text: 1946 bar: 1954 text: 1954 bar: 1962 text: 1962 bar: 1968 text: 1968 bar: 1975 text: 1975 bar: 1982 text: 1982 bar: 1990 text: 1990 bar: 1999 text: 1999
PlotData= color: width barred: 30 align: left bar: 1793 from: 0 till: 873 bar: 1800 from: 0 till: 983 bar: 1806 from: 0 till: 898 bar: 1821 from: 0 till: 843 bar: 1831 from: 0 till: 800 bar: 1846 from: 0 till: 780 bar: 1856 from: 0 till: 702 bar: 1866 from: 0 till: 742 bar: 1872 from: 0 till: 783 bar: 1881 from: 0 till: 693 bar: 1891 from: 0 till: 668 bar: 1901 from: 0 till: 623 bar: 1911 from: 0 till: 649 bar: 1921 from: 0 till: 625 bar: 1926 from: 0 till: 700 bar: 1936 from: 0 till: 671 bar: 1946 from: 0 till: 767 bar: 1954 from: 0 till: 880 bar: 1962 from: 0 till: 1076 bar: 1968 from: 0 till: 1087 bar: 1975 from: 0 till: 2997 bar: 1982 from: 0 till: 3567 bar: 1990 from: 0 till: 5071 bar: 1999 from: 0 till: 4966
PlotData= bar: 1793 At: 873 fontsize: S text: 873 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1800 At: 983 fontsize: S text: 983 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1806 At: 898 fontsize: S text: 898 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1821 At: 843 fontsize: S text: 843 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1831 At: 800 fontsize: S text: 800 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1846 At: 780 fontsize: S text: 780 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1856 At: 702 fontsize: S text: 702 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1866 At: 742 fontsize: S text: 742 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1872 At: 783 fontsize: S text: 783 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1881 At: 693 fontsize: S text: 693 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1891 At: 668 fontsize: S text: 668 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1901 At: 623 fontsize: S text: 623 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1911 At: 649 fontsize: S text: 649 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1921 At: 625 fontsize: S text: 625 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1926 At: 700 fontsize: S text: 700 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1936 At: 671 fontsize: S text: 671 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1946 At: 767 fontsize: S text: 767 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1954 At: 880 fontsize: S text: 880 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1962 At: 1076 fontsize: S text: 1076 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1968 At: 1087 fontsize: S text: 1087 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1975 At: 2997 fontsize: S text: 2997 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1982 At: 3567 fontsize: S text: 3567 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1990 At: 5071 fontsize: S text: 5071 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1999 At: 4966 fontsize: S text: 4966 shift: (- 10,5)
EconomyThe village is with dominant residential. Many promoters built allotments there, primarily in the east and the south-east of the commune. More imposing houses of architects are in the west, in the North-West like around the golf; many celebrities elected residence besides there.
One will less note the presence of step than 8 estate agencies in the village.
The golf of Saint-Name-The-Bretèche revêt a place of first order in the economy of the village.
- the church was in the beginning a tower of guet dating from the middle of the 13th century. It was often altered during the centuries and its last restoration dates from the Années 1980. It is registered with the inventory of the historic buildings.
- the Castle of Bretèche (today private property) was the property of the Pomereu family then of Louis Alexandre of Bourbon, Count de Toulouse, wire legitimated of Louis XIV and the Montespan.
- Firm of Valley-Martin, house of XVIe or 17th centuries, old dependence of the royal abbey of the Ladies of Poissy: carry medieval.
- Firm of Saint-Name, old dependence of the monks of the abbey of Be worth-of-Cernay, restored and transformed into residence.
- Town hall.
- Vestiges of the old castle of Montjoie released by the company of the friends of the old Saint-Germain.
- Ruins of the castle of Joyenval.
- Door of the Tilery of XVIIe and 19th centuries, known as " House of Arène" (forest house).
Twinning(with Chavenay, Crespières and Feucherolles)
LeisuresThe common point of disjunction a ground of Golf, known in the whole world, attended by many personalities. of which Mrs NOAH, mother of Yannick Noah. Miss NOAH, sister of Yannick Noah. Mr Charles AZNAVOUR. … The Trophée Lancôme was held there each year in September, until 2003.
- Common of Yvelines
- Site of the town hall
- Seen air of the commune of Saint-Name-the-Bretèche on the site of IAURIF
- Saint-Name-the-Bretèche on the site of IGN
- Saint-Name-the-Bretèche on the site of INSEE
- Saint-Name-the-Bretèche on Google Maps:
- Situation and plan
- Seen satellite
Plane of intendance of the parish of Saint Name on the site of the files of Yvelines
|Random links:||Towns of Ethiopia | Conepatus | Henry Cording | Its imperial highness | Championship of Italy de Formule 3 | Banlieue_noire_de_Logan,_comté_de_Clinton,_Pennsylvanie|