Saint-Mihiel is a city of the North-East of the France, chief town of canton of the department of the Meuse, on the Meuse.
The Communauté of communes of Sammiellois gathers 18 communes: Bannoncourt, Bislée, Chauvoncourt, Dompcevrin, Dompierre-with-Wood, Han-on-Meuse, Kœur-the-Large, Kœur-the-Small, Lacroix-on-Meuse, Maizey, Paroches, Ranzières, Rouvrois-on-Meuse, Saint-Mihiel , Sampigny, Seuzey, Troyon, Be worth-the-Palameix.
The canton of Saint-Mihiel counts 20 communes: Apremont-the-Forest, Bislée, Bouconville-on-Madt, Broussey-Raulecourt, Chauvoncourt, Han-on-Meuse, Lacroix-on-Meuse, Lahayville, Loupmont, Maizey, Montsec, Paroches, Rambucourt, Ranzières, Richecourt, Rouvrois-on-Meuse, Saint-Mihiel , Troyon, Varnéville and Xivray-and-Marvoisin.
- Ligier Richier, one of the largest sculptors of the Rebirth, worked with Saint-Mihiel where it had been born in 1500. Its chief of work, the setting with the tomb , is in the Saint-Etienne church, the old district.
- Benoit of Mallet, resulting from a family of the minor nobility. Geologist amateur, and celebrates author of the famous one: " Telliamed". Ambassador in Egypt, then in Italy.
- Jean Bérain father (1640-1711), born in Saint-Mihiel, draftsman of the Room and the Cabinet of King Louis XIV.
Saint-Mihiel was the theater of an important secondary battle of the First World War:
the town of Saint-Mihiel is quoted in the Poor wretches of Victor Hugo, left III (Marius), delivers seventh (Owner-Iron ore), III, where one says in connection with Babet: " He had played the light comedy with Saint-Mihiel . "
- (October 9th, 1983)
- Official site of the commune
- a writer who speaks about Saint-Mihiel
- the Meuse with Saint-Mihiel
|Random links:||Lusk (Ireland) | Two Poets | Michel Beauchamp | Aymon de Grandson | Dodecatheon clevelandii | 1619|