See also: Saint-Maurice
GeographyCommune located at the limits of the departments of the Two-Sevres and the Maine-et-Loire.
Under the Old Mode, the village depended on the Sénéchaussée of Angers.
- the decree of January 3rd 1790 which upset the antique territorial division of the France had left Saint-Maurice-the-Fougereuse to the new department of the Maine-et-Loire, by allotting it to the district Vihiers.
In July 1791, the commune passed to the department Two-Sevres and was attached to the district of Thouars.
In 1805, the seat of the district or district was transferred to Bressuire. For this time, it has been of this district and the canton of Nickle silver-Castle that Saint-Maurice-the-Fougereuse depends.
Places and monuments
Ponds of Beaurepaire (50 ha) and Grippière.
Wood of Anjou (500 ha) and Noirpin.
Valley of Ouère to the slopes escarpés.
Vestiges of the castle of the lords of $the Hague - Fougereuse.
The chimney of the Devil, vestige of a manor destroyed during the war of One hundred Ans
Vestiges of the priory of Fougereuse: porch, apse, carry carved.
Personalities related to the commune
- Common of Two-Sevres
- Saint-Maurice-the-Fougereuse on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Saint-Maurice-the-Fougereuse on the site of INSEE
- Saint-Maurice-the-Fougereuse on the site of Quid
- Localization of Saint-Maurice-the-Fougereuse on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane on Saint-Maurice-the-Fougereuse on Mapquest
|Random links:||Villa O' Higgins | Arthur Lea Millets | Under muzzle | Dairy quota in Canada | Writing pehlevi | Signes_diacritiques|