Located at the north of Montpellier. Included in the initial perimeter of the community of agglomeration of Montpellier, it left it in January 2004, the municipal council not having accepted adhesion.
The territory of Saint-Clement is bordering on the Matelles in north, of Prades-le-Lez to the east, Montferrier-on-Lez in south-east, Montpellier in the south, Grabels in south-west, Saint-Gély-of-Fesc the in the west.
This territory has the effect of being made up of two pieces which resemble about two Quadrilatère S, connected to each other by a narrow space where pass two Route S.
- the smallest part to the south is joint of Montpellier. Still largely composed of forests, this space knows still restricted urbanizations of villas cossues in the south, social and student buildings in north. They is there that one of most important hypermarkets of the agglomeration montpelliéraine is the, of the group Carrefour and whose roof is visible villas built in top of the hill.
- the northern part, more extended, is also made of hills Bois ées. These hills were of good part mitées by the Périurbanisation. The last school installations, a college and a college, are thus built all in north close to a wood. More north, the Forest S and the Garrigue S are still saved. Close to the course of the Lez in the east of the commune, the plain accommodates some Vigne S.
It is on this commune that is the source of the Lez, coastal Fleuve running then in Montpellier and throwing itself in the Mediterranean after a channel crossing the coastal pond S.
Places and monuments
Personalities related to the commune
- Common of Herault
- Saint-Clement-of-River on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Saint-Clement-of-River on the site of INSEE
- Saint-Clement-of-River on the site of Quid
- Localization of Saint-Clement-of-River on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane on Saint-Clement-of-River on Mapquest
|Random links:||Mesnil-Amey | Mike Moore | The Mesnil-the-King | Agreement of ninth of species | List stations of the subway of Frankfurt | Paul Gascoigne | Karl_Weierstrass|