GeographyThe commune, located at 7 km of Nickle silver-Castle in the north of Two-Sevres counts 570 inhabitants (Saint-Aubinais) on a surface of 1.385 ha.
HistoryIf Saint-Aubin-of-Lime pit is reproduced on an act of files going back to 1278, its name of ecclesiastical origin " Of plano-campo" (flat camp) comes indeed from its situation on the plate ranging between Dolo and Mortève.
It remains of its feudal past, the castle of Muflet, built at the 14th century and which undergoes various transformations with S. the Roman church restored in 1936 still carried, at the end of the 19th century of the traces of balls drawn in 1794 by the soldiers from the Grignon general.
Places and monumentsLocated at the limit of the commune of Saint-Aubin-of-Lime pit and Noirlieu, in the middle of 116 hectares of grounds, the castle of Muflet is mentioned for the first time in the files of Saint-Wolf in 1378. The construction of the keep (diameter 10m and height 25m), its spiral staircase interior and its many archères go back certainly at least to the 13th century. The imposing keep is surmounted by one watches for, still in good state, which allowed to supervise the four cardinal points. It is one of very rare still existing in France. The many families which were successively owners of the castle appear among the great names of the area (see the blazons and the list). They gradually added, with the principal main building equipped with a large external spiral staircase and with a defense system equipped with many drain-holes as those which decorate a watch tower and a round tower. Near the castle, one finds an oratory of XVe with barrel vault surmounted by a cross carrying the blazon of Brachechien. This oratory was successively dedicated to Éloi saint then, more recently, with Cloud saint. The castle is at the center of a large square enclosure of which there remain the stables, a tower of angle truncated and the entry of two bridges levis to arrow (into hard since 1773) which spanned the ditches and which was surmounted by a covered way. Half of these ditches is still out of water, nowadays. The castle was repurchased in 1998 by a family of Parisian which undertook a respectful restoration of this monument of our inheritance. In addition to essential interior installations to make it livable, the owners undertook the construction of a medieval garden in the old orchard of the castle. This castle is opened with the public on go.
Personalities related to the communeSee also
- Common of Common Two-Sevres
- of Saint-Aubin of the Lime pit
- Saint-Aubin-of-Lime pit on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Saint-Aubin-of-Lime pit on the site of INSEE
- Saint-Aubin-of-Lime pit on the site of Quid
- Localization of Saint-Aubin-of-Lime pit on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane on Saint-Aubin-of-Lime pit on Mapquest
|Random links:||Corcelles-near-concise | Paving stone | Rock'n'roll in Bordeaux | Elizabeth Hanna | Nick Poulos | Élection_présidentielle_indonésienne,_2004|