- Commander (CDR): Francis " Dick" Scobee - controlled Challenger during the mission STS-41-C , which had correctly deployed a satellite and another had repaired some.
- Pilot (PLT): Michael J. Smith (first flight) - veteran of the War of Vietnam, received several military decorations, including, test pilot of the US Navy.
- Specialist in mission 1: Judith A. Resnik - Specialist in mission on a preceding flight of Discovery , STS-41-D .
- Specialist in mission 2: Ellison Onizuka - Engineer of flight of the Air Force, Eagle Scout, also flew during STS-51-C on Discovery , the first flight of shuttle for the Department of Defense.
- Specialist in mission 3: Dr. Ronald McNair - Physicist with the Hughes Research Laboratories , also flew on board STS-41-B
- Spécialiste in payload 1: Gregory B. Jarvis - Captain of the Air Force and member of the personnel for Hughes Aircraft
- Specialist in payload 2: Christa McAuliffe - Selected to be the first teaching with going in space.
ObjectivesTo deploy satellite TDRS-B. (planned) Christa McAuliffe was to become the first teacher in space within the framework of the program " Teacher in Space" launched in 1984. Two courses were to be retransmis on line since space. The releasable platform Spartan was to also be launched since Challenger, it is the astronaut Ronald McNair who had been in charge of this mission. The crew should also have observed Halley's Comet.
Course of the flight
|Random links:||Jean-Paul Charié | ProgramaciÃ³n extrema | Molossidae | Noidant-Chatenoy | 110e regiment of infantry of line | 5699 (Hebraic year) | Bharatiya_Lok_dal|