S.O.S-Racism is a French association created in 1984 of which the official goal is to fight against all the forms of racial discrimination.
History of the movementS.O.S Racisme is since its creation, and always today, near to the Socialist party. Several personalities of the PS like Julien Dray or Francis Terquem and other movements on the left took part in the creation of association.
The watchwords of association are those of the interbreeding and of fraternity symbolized by the slogan “Does not touch with my pal”. Right from the start S.O.S Racism considers that the combat against discriminations passes by a reflection on the town planning and the role of the school. Thus, she denounced, as of the beginning of the the Nineties, the constitution of urban ghettos in periphery of the big cities. She will propose the watchword of " intégration" and will often quote " exemples" of social success people of immigrant origin.
Through the “testing S”, she seeks to bring evidence as regards Discrimination in the fields of the access to housing, work in general and the hotel trade and the world of the night in particular. This work gave a certain number of results - nightclubs, restaurants and some estate agencies were condemned for racial discrimination.
At the end of the years 1990, when the movements antiracist tear around the question of the the Middle East, S.O.S Racism will protest its attachment with the peace process put at evil with the second Intifada and will denounce the resurgence of new a Antisémitisme in France as in the publication in 2002 of the antifeujs, the white paper of violences anti-semites in France Co-signed with UEJF. Since two associations are priviligiés partners and organize the evenings “Laughter against racism” which are held with the Zenith once per annum in the presence of artists like Michel Boujenah, Dany Boon, Jean-Marie Bigard or Gad Elmaleh. In 2003, the UEJF and S.O.S Racism also created an association coed called FEDER (Federation of the Children of the Republic) which contributes in the university polls.
In February 2006, S.O.S Racism gave an opinion in favor of the publication of the Caricatures of Mahomet of the newspaper Jyllands-Posten in Charlie Hebdo , inter alia.
October 14th, 2007, in collaboration with Release and Charlie Hebdo , S.O.S Racism organizes a large gathering with the Zenith of Paris against the amendment Mariani stipulating the authorization with the recourse of tests DNA within the framework of family gathering.
ClaimsAccording to its president Dominique Sopo, the movement was very early attracted by the movement altermondialist, but currently takes his distances because of a “lack of clarity” about Moslem fundamentalism and of the anti-semitism. S.O.S Racisme is unfavourable with the Positive discrimination but is for the anonymity of the CV.
- Constitution of civil part lasting of the lawsuits for charges of facts in racist matter;
- Legal aid with personal complaints for Discrimination; for foreigners;
- Assistance at the time of recruitment without discrimination (CV anonymities);
- Testing practiced at the entry of nightclubs, near estate agencies or potential employers in order to show any form of discrimination which would be exerted there;
- media Actions.
- S.O.S Racism was criticized with the extreme left by various Mouvements of immigration and others (the Anarchiste S very early denounced this group, according to them created of all parts by the PS). Thus, Hamé, of the group of rap the Rumor, wrote in a the Rumor Magazine (n° April 1st, 29th and th 2002), that “(…) through organizations like S.O.S racism, creates of all parts by the capacity PS of the time to contribute to defuse the radicalism of the claims of the Marche of the beurs: the equal rights become the equality in front of the entry of the nightclubs. Justice for the young people killed by the police force disappears under the media colossus slogan " Do not touch with my pal! " or " Live the interbreeding of the colors! " , etc”
Malek Boutih, president of S.O.S Racism until 2003, was also criticized for its later standpoint, carried out as in charge of the questions of immigration with the PS, concerning the " Quotas of immigration ".
Dieudonné reproached S.O.S Racism for having created a " hierarchy of the racisme" , a " race with the martyrisation".
In To trust to be French (Beech, 2006), the historian max Gallo criticized the choice of the yellow hand like logo: “There were Vichy and l'étoile jaune? One created of all parts, in top, among the ideologists who knew what they made, the petite hand jaune of S.O.S Racism, to render comprehensible that the citizens of recent stock were all in all the Jews of today. (...) Of the étoile jaune to the petite hand jaune of S.O.S Racism, one created the first of these historical confusions which were going to poison the French debates. ” (pp.106-107)
Of the philosophers and other intellectual thinkers such as the Finkielkraut philosopher, as certain complaints against S.O.S Racism denounces a " not reconnaissance" racism anti-white.
Presidents of S.O.S Racism
- Harlem Desire (1984 - 1992)
- Fodé Sylla (1992 - 1999)
- Malek Boutih (1999 - 2003)
- Dominique Sopo (since 2003)
Mission of MediationWednesday, October 4, 2006, Dominique Sopo accepted a mission of mediation at the request of Nicolas Sarkozy, Minister of Interior Department, concerning the business of expelled of Cachan. It accepted this mission with Patrick Gaubert, president of the international Ligue against racism and the anti-semitism. According to the Ministry for Interior and the explanations of Claude Guéant, this mission would have begun several days before the advertisement made with the press.
|Random links:||Lozanne | Henri VI the Good | LAMA Thunders | Yves Paccalet | Points of decoupling|