the éphéméride | All on March and 2003
Saturday the 1st er March 2003
- the Turkish Parliament does not vote for the resolution which would make it possible the United States to deploy 62.000 American soldiers on the Turkish territory and to use the bases and ports in the event of attack against the Iraq by North.
- the US government threatens to reconsider its promise of assistance of an amount of 6 billion US dollars.
- the ambassador of the the United States to Athens resigns because it is in dissension with the policy of its government on the Iraqi file .
- With the Pakistan, the chief Khalid Sheik Mohammed, number 3d' Al-Qaïda, is stopped in the suburbs of Islamabad. It would be one of the brains of the Attentats of September 11th, 2001.
Sunday, March 2, 2003
- At the time of its visit of State in Algeria, President Jacques Chirac sign a declaration opening the way with a “ recasting ” of the bilateral relations between the two countries and with a “ future divided ”.
- the 31e Coupe of America is gained by the Swiss Défi represented by the boat Alinghi against the New Zealand boat. It is the first time since 1851 which this prestigious trophy returns in an European country.
Monday, March 3, 2003
- In France, after the death of a “young ” delinquent which had just found death at the conclusion of a race-continuation with the gendarmes, the ZUP of Valdegour, with Nimes, knows one night of riots.
Tuesday, March 4, 2003
- In the south of the archipelago of the Filipino , with the airport of Davao, an bomb attack allotted to the islamist ones causes twenty dead and about fifty casualties.
Wednesday, March 5, 2003
- In France, the company France Telecom announces a loss record of 20,7 billion euros for the year 2002.
- In China, the new general secretary of the PCC and Head of the State Hu Jintao, as well as the new Prime Minister Wen Jiabao, is invested by the Popular national assembly.
- Against the war in Iraq:
- Day of Fast and prayer against the war with the call of the pope and of many religious leaders.
- Demonstrations against the war in the whole world on the initiative of the American students.
Thursday, March 6, 2003
- In Arménie, at the time of the presidential election, the outgoing president Robert Kotcharian is elected with 67,5% of the votes.
Friday, March 7, 2003
- In France:
- the group Vivendi Universal announces a net loss record of 23,3 billion euros in 2002.
- In Corsica, the gangster Joseph Menconi makes a success of a spectacular escape from the prison of Borgo, close to Bastia, thanks to the intervention external of two accomplices armed with a Lance-roquettes.
- the persons in charge of the inspectors of UNO in Iraq, Hans Blix and Mohamed El Baradei, return their report/ratio on the disarmament of the Iraq before the Safety advice of UNO. They conclude that “ After three months from inspections, we found neither proof, nor plausible index of the resumption of a program of nuclear armament in Iraq ”.
- the Montenegrin Svetozar Marovic is elected President of the new State of Serbia-Montenegro by the federal Parliament.
- With Malta, the referendum on adhesion with the European Union collects 53,5% of yes.
- the authorities Pakistan eases announced the arrest of two supposed wire of Usama Bin Laden in the south of the Afghanistan. This information however was contradicted some time afterwards by the Pakistani authorities and American.
Saturday, March 8, 2003
Sunday, March 9, 2003
Monday, March 10, 2003
- the president Jacques Chirac announces, in connection with the ultimatum américano-hispano-British: “ Whatever the circumstances, France will vote not ”.
Tuesday, March 11, 2003
- the Canadian Philippe Kirsch is elected President of the International penal court.
- In France:
- the minister Francois Fillon allots 15 million euros for the reclassification of the 830 paid factory Metaleurop (Noyelles-Godault, Pas-de-Calais) placed in Compulsory liquidation (either 18 000 € by anybody).
- the minister Gilles de Robien announces her project to put out of purse of 30 at 35 % of the capital of Air France.
- the American air force announces the successful test of a bomb for purpose of breath of a weight of 9,5 tons (MOAB). It is about the powerful conventional bomb ever built.
- In Turkey, islamist the Recep Tayyip Erdoğan becomes Prime Minister to replace Abdullah Gul.
Wednesday, March 12, 2003
- the gangster Antonio Ferrara, Card-indexed with the organized crime, makes a success of a spectacular escape from the Prison of Fresnes in the the Valley-of-Marne, grace in particular to the intervention external of about fifteen armed accomplices lourdements.
- Death of the Kazakh cyclist Andrei Kivilev after a fall (occurred the March 11th) in the race Paris-Nice, on the road of Saint-Etienne.
- In Serbia, Assassination of the Prime Minister Zoran Đinđić in a Attack with Belgrade. It had, in July 2001, delivered Slobodan Milošević to TPIY.
Thursday, March 13, 2003
- In France, the fusion of LCL and the Agricultural credit is authorized by the banking authorities (CECEI).
- governments American and British advertisement which they will not ask of vote the Safety advice of the United Nations on their new draft Resolution.
Friday, March 14, 2003
- Death of Jean-Luc Lagardere (75 years), large captain of industry, founder and joint manager of the Group Lagardere.
- With the Netherlands, inauguration of the Tunnel of the Western Scheldt, the longest road tunnel of the country.
Saturday, March 15, 2003
- the the World Health Organization (WHO) starts a general alarm concerning an epidemic mortal coming from Asia.
- Angel-Felix Patassé is reversed by a coup d'etat of François Bozize in Central African Republic.
- has Valence (Spain), alternative of Matías Tejela, Spanish Matador.
Sunday, March 16, 2003
- With the Central Africa, a coup d'etat carried out by the former chief of dismissed Staff, the general François Bozize, shift President Angel-Felix Patassé.
Monday, March 17, 2003
- In France:
- Meeting of the constitutional Congress in Versailles, at the time which the assembly of the deputies and the senators, votes the bill constitutional on decentralization by 584 votes against 278.
- Ouverture of the lawsuit of the Affaire Elf in front of the magistrates' court of Paris, which concludes 8 years from instruction and bounces. 37 defendants are introduced of which Loïk Le Floch-Prigent, Alfred Sirven and André Tarallo.
- the president George W. Bush grants 48 hours to Saddam Hussein and its sons to leave the Iraq, final deadline before the release of the war.
- With the the United Kingdom, the Minister for the Relations with the Parliament resigns because of its dissension with the Prime Minister Tony Blair.
Tuesday, March 18, 2003
- In Iraq, the government rejects the American ultimatum, whereas the inspectors in disarmament, the other personnel of UNO and the foreign diplomats, leave the Iraqi capital.
Wednesday, March 19, 2003
- In Palestine, President Yasser Arafat names Mahmoud Abbas, known as Abou Mazen , like Prime Minister for the Palestinian Authority.
Thursday, March 20, 2003
- In France, reinforcement of the Plane Vigipirate after the advertisement of discovered of two bottles containing of the traces of ricine in an instruction of the Gare de Lyon to Paris.
- Beginning of the American intervention against the Iraq.
- the first bombardments carried out by the forces américano-British began 2 hours and 15 minutes after the expiry from the ultimatum from President George W. Bush. They aimed in priority the top-ranking executives of the country. According to George W. Bush US president, the goal is to reverse Saddam Hussein and to return Iraq to its people.
- In the evening, a terrestrial offensive is launched by the British troops since the Kuwait.
- international Initial reactions:
- China requires of the US government “ to return in the right way ”.
- Russia expresses its “ extreme regret ”.
- Germany expresses its “ consternation ”.
- France wishes that “ be able to cease as soon as possible”.
- the Turkish Parliament authorizes the overflight of the Turkish airspace by the United States Air Force, but always refuses the deployment required on its ground of 62.000 GI' S.
Friday, March 21, 2003
- Of the demonstrations against the American intervention in Iraq takes place in many countries, whereas according to a survey carried out for the NewYork Times and CBS chains it, 70% of American approve the decision of their president to enter in war against Saddam Hussein.
Saturday, March 22, 2003
Sunday, March 23, 2003
- With Los Angeles in California, 75e ceremony of handing-over of the Oscars:
- Oscar of best film with Chicago of Robert Marshall.
- In Slovenia, double referendum on adhesion with the European Union (89,66% of yes) and with NATO (66,08%).
- In Chetchnia, a referendum on a constitution project, reaffirming the membership of the Republic of Chetchnia to the Federation of Russia, but all while equipping it with a statute of autonomy, obtains 90% of yes.
Monday, March 24, 2003
- In France, President Jacques Chirac presents a fight plan against the Cancer for an amount of 500 million euros over three years.
- the US government shows the Russia to have delivered military weapons and electronics components to Iraq.
- the Russian government retorts that this assertion is a “ pure fabrication ”.
Tuesday, March 25, 2003
- President George W. Bush request with the American Congress a budgetary extension of 74,7 billion US dollars in order to finance the war.
- In Iraq, a violent sandstorm blocks the projection of the troops américano-British during a dozen hours.
- In Serbia, the new Prime Minister Zoran Živković announces the arrest of the killer of the Prime Minister Zoran Đinđić. It is about a former assistant commander of the special forces of the police force, Zvezdan Jovanović.
Wednesday, March 26, 2003
Thursday, March 27, 2003
- In France, an explosion occurs with the factory Nitrochimie of Billy-Berclau in the Pas-de-Calais causing the death of 4 people.
Friday, March 28, 2003
Saturday, March 29, 2003
In France, death of Henry Racamier (91 years), former president of the directory of the company Louis Vuitton.
- In Iraq, first attack-suicide killing 4 American soldiers, realized by an Iraqi officer while exploding itself with an American road block.
Sunday, March 30, 2003
- In France, General meeting Founder and launching of the student Trade union, the Confederation Coed.
|Random links:||Dalia Grybauskaitė | Minamiashigara | In Vava Inouva | Kirribilli House | Mister Wong|