Roussé (in Bulgarian: Русе ) is the fifth more important town of Bulgaria, with a population of almost 170.000 inhabitants. The city was called, until the independence of Bulgaria in 1878, Roustchouk (in Turkish Rusçuk ).
The town of Roussé is located in the north-north-east of the country, opposite the Rumanian city of Giurgiu.
It is the chief town of the municipality of Roussé and the oblast (area) of Roussé.
The town of Roussé knows a moderate continental climate, with four well marked seasons. The average temperature varies during the year between -2°C for the minimal ones, and +33°C for the maximum ones. Annual pluviometry is of 65 liters to the square meter.
- Albert Aftalion (1874-1956), French economist, theorist of the economic situation
- Silvestr Maria Braito (1898-1962), catholic priest Czech, Dominican, theologist, poet, critical literary and publicity agent
- Vlad Kolarov, Canadian caricaturist of Bulgarian origin
- Radi Nedelchev, Bulgarian painter born in 1938
- Obretenova Tonka, Bulgarian revolutionist of the 19th century (1812-1893).
- Volgograd (Russia);
- Giurgiu (Romania);
- Peristeri (Greece);
- Saint-Ouen (France);
- Huainan (China).
|Random links:||Battle of Rowed | Bleeding (technical) | O52 (Highway) | Flamengo Futebol Clube | Tennis with the Olympic Games of summer of 1924 - detailed Results | John_Sylvester_John_Gardiner|