See also: Round slice (homonymy)
The round slice is a fabric of color Jaune, imposed on the Juif S like distinctive sign by the council of Lateran in 1215, cut out in disc, symbolizing the 30 sums of money of Judas. Famous the yellow star will be a modern misadventure, and with more explicit aiming.
The term of round slice initially indicates a section cut in round.
1179 : the pope obliges all the Jews to carry the yellow round slice.
- 1227 : the council of Narbonne proclaims the port of the obligatory round slice for the Jews and prohibition for them to leave during the Holy Week. The prelates must protect them from humiliations of the Christians, in particular during the aforementioned week.
- 1231 : the obligation for the Jews to carry the yellow round slice is published in all the Spain. The Jews of Castille refuse to obey and start to emigrate towards the Moslem countries. The pope will make suspend the decree to avoid reinforcing the Islam.
- 1269, pursuant to a recommendation of the IVe council of Lateran of 1215, Saint Louis forces the Jews to carry distinctive vestimentary signs: for the men, the round slice, on the chest and a special bonnet for the women. Those which refused were compelled with a fine of 10 books. These signs make it possible to differentiate them from the remainder of the population and to thus prevent the mixed marriages, except if the interested parties convert. To note that this type of " marquage" was practiced already at the time in the world Musulman. The Jews will have to also cease cohabiting with the Christians, it is the birth of the concept of Ghetto.
- 1415 : the Jews of Murviedo, in the Kingdom of Valence, obtain from the king Alphonse V of Aragon the abrogation of all measurements of prohibition with regard to them: they will not be compelled with the port of the round slice, will be able to circulate freely Sunday, will listen to the preaching friars only if those come to speak in their Synagog S.
- 1516: creation of the Ghetto of Venice. The Jews of the city are constrained by the senate of living in an island in the north of the city ( geto nuovo ). They must carry the round slice, the pointed red hat on raised board, the belt with fringe. The women cannot leave without long veils nor broad coats draped on their dresses, to which sumptuary Lois prohibit any luxury.
|Random links:||Ladies of the wood of Boulogne | With Karine | Nan' yō | Catherine Reitman | Central banner of Urad | |