Its inhabitants is called the romainvillois (be).
GeographyThe commune is located at 8 km Is of Paris, at the Eastern end of the hill of Belleville.
Communes borderingIt is bordering on the communes on:
- noisy the large one in the North-East
- Bobigny in north
- Noisy-the-Dryness in the east
- Montreuil in the south
- Bagnolet in south-west
- the Lilacs in the west
TransportThe commune is served by the exchanger of the highway A3.
Public transportThe commune has neither station nor subway on its territory, although the prolongation of line 11 either requested since at least 1947.
Prolongation of the Line 11 of the subway of Paris to the Station of Rosny - Wood-Perrier is envisaged with the Contrat of projects State-area 2007-2013 adoptee by the District council on February 16th 2007: an envelope of 10 million euros (3 with the load of the State, 10 with the load of the Area Ile-de-France) for the studies and the first work of this line which would pass by Montreuil and Romainville
- the skeleton of a man of the Neolithic time was discovered in the career of Molibous in 1845.
- Gallo-Roman Vestiges.
- the will of Ermenthrude, owner of the place at the 7th century, at that time attests existence of romainville and richness of the field.
- the name of the city comes from Latin “Romanavilla” of Romanus, bishop of Meaux to the VIII° century and of villa, the field.
- In 1326, the inhabitants obtain the removal of the “wild rabbits royal”, which degraded their cultures
- In 1351, mention of a Léproserie.
- During the War One hundred Year old, Henri VI of England confiscated certain grounds to give them to some its faithful ones.
- In 1630 the lord Nicolas de Quélen makes build the castle, which becomes in 1723 the property of the Famille of Ségur.
- In 1814, combat between the Allied troops and French of Marmont.
- the Forts of Romainville and Noisy-the-Dryness (which is on the territory of romainville) were built on the instructions of Thiers in order to take part in a advanced line of defense of Paris
- In 1867, the commune of the Lilas is created by dismemberment of that of Romainville
- Prussian Occupation in 1870.
- At the 20th century, the commune is industrialized, with the development of pharmacy in the district of the low countries. Indeed, the general Compagnie of the slow trains had installed an important stable in extreme cases of Puppet, all close relations, and Doctor Roussel used since 1909 the serum of these horses to manufacture a tonic, Hémostyl. The site of this production is the cradle of Roussel-UCLAF, become Sanofi Aventis, in Romainville.
- During the occupation, the Fort of Romainville was used as concentration camp Nazi. 3900 women and 3100 men were interned there before being off-set.
- Bombardments in April and June 1944.
- In 1953, Cinema Trianon. Cinema built by the architect Charles Genêtre on the site of a first Trianon cinema, destroyed during the war. This cinema did almost not change since the time of its construction and is used today as studio of recording for television programs. It belongs since 1984 to the communes of Romainville and Noisy-the-Dryness which joined to maintain it like alive place of seventh Article Protégé like cinema representative of the years 1950.
AdministrationCorinne Valls, mayor of Romainville since 1998, presented her resignation to the Prefect at the beginning of December 2006, following many conflicts within the Municipal council. New organized municipal elections in February 2007 led to the re-election of the list of the outgoing mayor
The commune is member of the Association of the territorial collectivities of the Parisian East.
- Philippe Henri de Ségur, lord of Romainville.
- Alfred de Musset liked to go to its pastoral ball.
- a Acteur of the 17th century took the name of Romainville.
- Constrained with the exile out of its island by the Ordinance Debré, Boris Gamaleya, Poète Réunionnais lived the commune during several years. It wrote there its chief of work Vali for a dead queen .
- Paul de Kock, French writer, died there.
- Richard Clayderman, interprets and French pianist, grew there.
- Basile Boli, French footballer.
- Louis Baker
InheritanceSaint-Germain-L Church' Auxerre-native , of neo-classic style built by the architect Brongniart, classified Historic building.
Of style Louis XIII but altered at the 19th century, the house what remains of the Château of Romainville , is built in 1630 per Nicolas de Quelen. It was the castle of the family of Ségur of 1723 with 1791.
Le park of the castle was transformed into career of Gypse. The building was acquired by the city in 1988.
the Cornice of the forts : this future city park of the Area of Ile-de-France, registered with the plan contract 2000-2006, envisages the installation of a city park of 64 hectares located on the communes of Pantin, the Lilacs, Noisy-the-Dryness and mainly of Romainville.
Situé on old careers of Gypsum, this project will propose activities of cultural and sporting leisures, and will allow in particular the creation of a East-West advance of 2,8 km intended to the pedestrians and for the bicycles, which will allow a panorama on Paris and will become the principal walk of the base. The accesses of the castle of Romainville will be refitted, and the madness of Puppet, should be rehabilitated. The working gardens will be moved. A first phase should be open to the public during 2007 or 2008.
Once realized by the Area, the park will be managed by a mixed trade-union gathering the Département, which will pay 50% of the operation costs, and the cities concerned.
- French Concentration camp
- the hertzian Tour TDF of Romainville is actually located on the territory of the common neighbor of the lilac.
External documentationBibliography :
- Plate '' Of Gaston Roussel to SANOFI-AVENTIS , Collective, collection Inheritance in N°15 Seine-Saint-Denis, editions of the General advice, Bobigny 2006.
- the inheritance of the Communes of the Seine-saint-Denis , Flohic editions, 1994.
external Bonds :
- Official site of the Commune of Romainville
- ADCH - Defense association of the Historical center of Romainville
- Let us build a city for all! - For the romainvillois (be): LEFT anti-liberal, citizen and popular
- JRC - Committee Citizen Romainvillois
- CPUAC - Collective For an Action Citizen
- the Red Cactus
- District of the Large-Fields, ponds, walnut trees
- @-Romainville the site of expression of Romainvillois
- 93230 - the other Newspaper of the city Published by the Committee Citizen Romainvillois
|Random links:||Bistroff | Beauronne | Marcinho | Japanese invasion of Indo-China | List Danish colonies | Comté_de_Grant,_Kentucky|