Rojo amanecer ( red Paddle ) is a Mexican Film carried out by Jorge Fons left in 1989. He tells the evening and the night of the Massacre of Tlatelolco the October 2nd 1968 with Mexico City, lived by an average Mexican family. He gained nine Ariels and the Special price of the Jury of the Festival of San Sebastián.
SynopsisThe action proceeds in the baptized wing Chihuahua of a residential building of the district of Tlatelolco, with Mexico City, giving on the Place of the Three-Cultures. The morning of the October 2nd 1968, a family of Mexican middle-class has her breakfast: the father, authoritative civil servant, the mother, housewife, the grandfather, veteran of the one time Mexican and nostalgic Revolution when youth was not perverted, and four children. While young person, Carlitos, only thinks of having fun, and the younger sister studied, the two groins start a discussion impassioned on the Mouvement studied which is in full effervescence: at ten days of the Olympic Games, they claim the Freedom of expression and political diversity. Against the opinion of their father, the two students will attend the meeting which is taken place the evening even on the place. During the day, electricity is cut, then the telephone, depriving the building of whole contact with outside. When the meeting starts, Carlitos assists to with it by the window. He notices a strong military presence, and several people carrying a white handkerchief with the hand. At the end of the meeting, around 6 p.m. 30, the soldiers start to draw in crowd: it is the Massacre of Tlatelolco which begins. A little later the two brothers return, accompanied by several students including one seriously wounded. The mother agrees to hide them for the night. In the evening, all the family finds itself complete, and decides to keep silence while the soldiers control each apartment. The professional position of the father and the military antecedents of the grandfather enable them to pass to through. By precaution, they burn the charts students and the proclamations Propagandiste S.
In the next small hour, three armed men penetrate in the apartment. Carlitos is locked up in the bathroom with the required young people. The older brothers deny to be students, but a portrait of the Che Guevara and a proclamation of the Communist party betray them, before the militiamans do not discover bloodstains in the room. They ask to enter the bathroom, by threatening of a weapon the father. The students, overdrafts, seek to disarm the militiamans, who defend themselves. The family is wildly assassinated in a blood bath. Seul Carlitos survives slaughter. In the last sequence of film, one sees it leaving the apartment slowly, then the building, while stopping one moment on each corpse of his family.
- original Title: Rojo amanecer
- Country: Mexico;
- Year: 1989 ;
- Lasted: 96 min.;
- Kind: historical political Drama;
Production: Cinematográfica Ground, Valentín Trujillo and Héctor Bonilla;
- Direction: Jorge Fons del Toro;
- Scenario: Xavier Robles and Guadalupe Ortega;
- Photography: Miguel Garzón;
- Sound: Martha García and Marithé Chico;
- Music: Eduardo Roel and Karen Roel;
- special Effects: Raúl Gutiérrez;
- Assembly: Sigfrido García Jr.;
- Héctor Bonilla : Humberto
- María Rojo : Alicia
- Jorge Fegan : Gift Castling
- Ademar Arau Wire: Carlitos
- Demián Bichir : Jorge
- Bruno Bichir: Sergio
- Marta Will have: The neighbor
- Eduardo Palomo: The wounded student
- Carlos Cardán: The second lieutenant
- Paloma Robles: Graciela
Around filmThe events of the “ Noche Triste ” remained a long time Tabou S with the Mexico. One is unaware of still to date from where the order had just perpetrated the Massacre, which enlisted the Milice and the number of deaths, even approximate. With Rojo amanecer , Jorge Fons delivers twenty years after the facts a daring film, the first to tackle the subject, still open wound of the political history of the country. Far from being a criticism or an analysis of the massacre, the film is a testimony of the impact of the student movements on the political consciences and of the shock of its bloody exit on a population whose silence was bought by the force.
The environment of film is distressing, which is maintained by a Door - closed permanent - one sees the outside of the building only on two very short levels, and Fons avoids the trap of the Stock-shot S of meeting - and a music with the Synthétiseur of circumstance. The final scene, where Carlitos slowly leaves the apartment then building, is outstanding and symbolic system of the shock.
- 1990 : Special price of the Jury of the Festival of San Sebastián decreed to Jorge Fons
- 1991: Ariel d' Or decreed with Jorge Fons
- 1991: Ariel d' Argent of the Best decreed Actor with Héctor Bonilla
- 1991: Ariel d' Argent of the Best Actress decreed with María Rojo
- 1991: Ariel d' Argent of the Best decreed Realizer with Jorge Fons
- 1991: Ariel d' Argent of the Best decreed Assembly with Sigfrido García Jr.
- 1991 : Ariels d' Argent of the Best Original screenplay and the Best Scenario decreed with Xavier Robles and Guadalupe Ortega
- 1991: Ariel d' Argent of the Best Band Its decreed with Karen Roel and Eduardo Roel
- 1991: Ariel d' Argent of the decreed Best supporting role with Jorge Fegán
- 1992: Price ACE of the Best New decreed Actor with Eduardo Palomo
- Rojo amanecer on Internet Movie Database
- Rojo amanecer on Movies Mexicano
|Random links:||County of Geumsan | Castle of Dunnottar | Leon van Good | Co-coaching | A blonde in mare | Miomir_Mugoša|