The city is localized to 40 km in the north of Poznań and to 60 km in the south of Piła. It is crossed by the railway line Poznań-Piła.
Simple Fortified town since the 8th century, Rogoźno develops thanks to the exploitation of the Minerai of Fer. The first historical mention of the locality goes back to 1248. It receives the urban Privilège S in 1280, of the hands of Przemysl II. The February 8th 1296, the king Przemysl II is removed and assassinated in Rogoźno by henchmen with the pay of the Margrave S of Brandebourg.
Of 1655 with 1656, Rogoźno is occupied by the Swedish which destroy the Château. A new city is founded in 1750. On this occasion, many Drapier S German settles there. At the 18th century, Rogoźno is one of the principal centers of the Textile in Large-Poland. In 1793, Rogoźno is annexed by the Prussia and, the following year, the old city and the new city are joined together. At the 19th century, the inhabitants support all the Insurrection S patriotic Polish to find the Indépendance. The Transport S and the economy develop.
After the First World War, the inhabitants massively takes part in the Insurrection of Large Poland (1918-1919), to join ressuscitée Poland. During the Second world war, the Nazi S exterminate 200 inhabitants and expel some more than 1.000.
- the medieval Plan of the old city
- the church of the saint Esprit (1807)
- the Cimetière Catholique and the cemetery Protesting
manufacture of pieces of furniture
- metal food industries
- production of radiators for cars
Official site of the city
|Random links:||Pyrus | Belgian education system | Santa Eulalia del Campo | Vladimir Poulnikov | Boxoffice France 1943 | Herrliberg|